This is my second trip to Great Wolf Williamsburg. First time was 3 years ago for NY Eve, and though it was expensive then too, I felt like it was worth it for that weekend..
Now to this weekend:
First, the food is terrible. My sister actually was sick to her stomach after we ate at the buffet on day 1. My first plate I couldn't eat 80% of what was on it because it just tasted off, so I left it on the table and got plate 2. I ended up sticking to the steamed shrimp and a baked potato. Not great for $19.95 + you then pay extra for your drinks. My daugher and friend who are 14 at pizza and corn dogs, also for $19.95 + drinks and my bill was $121 (4 adult charges, 1 sangria, a few soft drinks)--WOW! Needless to say after that, all meals have been outside of the resort, besides one cheese pizza from the Wolf's Den, which was edible. We got a birthday package, so we did get a poster, some coupons for tokens at the arcade, a stuffed animal, some treat bags with candy bars, a cake and a picture book; probably not worth the price, but cute. When I went to get my daughter's cake one of the young ladies that works there was wiping her nose with her hand, then preceded to reach in and move the cupcakes around. Needless to say, not eating anything from there.
In the waterpark there were no towels, no floats, no place to sit-- finally got a float and a towel after about 20 minutes--getting a place to sit, not so much. It is way overcrowded, but slides are still fun even after a long wait.
Housekeeping, nice lady the first day, day 2 no one vacuumed the room. I had to call and ask for them to come back and vacuum the room. Really?
You can see the wear and tear since my last visit, definitley needs some refurbishing.
There are a lot of extra money making operations too, of course the arcade which is expected, then the bowling alley (not regular size--really small lanes) for $5 per person to bowl a game, 3-D roller coster--can't remember the cost (we didn't do it), magic quest-- tons of money for the wand, etc. (didn't do this this trip thank God), the Salon, we did this last time and my daugher loved it, however, her nail polish peeled off like 3 hours later.
Staff has been nice the entire time.
I don't mind paying $495 a night IF I get a $495 a night experience...this time not even close. I don't see myself coming back.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort
- Great Wolf Hotel
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.