This was our first experience with Great Wolf Lodge. I had to take a course for work and wanted to bring along my wife and 2.5 yr old daughter, who is 35" tall. We were a little skeptical as to whether or not our daughter was old enough or tall enough to get enough enjoyment out of the stay, but we decided to give it a try and are glad we did.
The room -We stayed 2 nights in the wolf den suite. My daughter sleeps in her own bed, in her own room at home, and I wanted to try and keep it that way for our mini "vacation." The rooms are nothing to get excited about. I would compare it to a Radisson rather than a Hilton. But your not there for the rooms, its about the kids and the water park and the rooms are adequate. We got plenty of rest and the small fridge was very useful.
The Food- I wish there were more options for food, especially at lunch and dinner. We would have been happy to stay on property for more meals if there was a little more variety. That being said, the pizza was better than expected, and all the available food was fairly priced. The room and food was the reason for 4 stars rather than 5.
The Water park- Excellent! 2 nights was the perfect amount of time for us. We stayed on a Wed/Thurs and there were plenty of kids to play with, but not too many that it was packed and waiting in endless lines. Even though she is small we did everything except the river falls that's inside. She was a little small for the bigger slides, but we gave it a shot and she liked it. There was plenty to do even at that age. We had a great time and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort