Spent three days here with my family for Spring Break. Overall, the units were spacious, new, and close to Williamsburg.
- Large space - We had a two bedroom unit which had a gigantic master bath suite with hot tub, separate toilet and shower. We felt spacious with five people.
- Location - 3 miles, five minute drive to the Williamsburg visitor center
- Common areas - there was an indoor and outdoor pool, game room, and mini-golf.
- You have to drive to the visitor center - there is a small walking trail around property, but you will need to drive to get to Williamsburg or to dinner. I think if I came again, I would stay were I could walk to Williamsburg. While it is only five minutes to the visitor center, then you have another 10 minute walk or 5-15 minutes for a shuttle to the main areas of Williamsburg.
- Furniture - beds were good, but the living room furniture was uncomfortable - basic rental unit items
- No washer and dryer in the unit.
- Cleaning - The kitchen and bathroom were clean and sparkling, but found popcorn under the bed and an old water bottle under the sofa.
- Thin walls/floors - We could hear the family upstairs. They had small children scampering but they sounded much louder at 11:00 at night.
The property has about 12 buildings, each building three stories tall with four units per floor. There are elevators in the buildings. There is a visitor center with the pools, snack shop, computers, and game room. There are three separate pools - an indoor pool, a main outdoor pool, and a separate adult-only pool. Ironically, the adult only pool is very seculed from the main pool but adjacent to the small playground and mini-golf. There is a paved .25 mile walking trail around the property.
Each unit maybe different, but our unit had a main room with a sofa-bed, two very uncomfortable chairs, coffee table, dinning room table that sat six, and a kitchen area with breakfast bar and two stools. The kitchen had the typical rental unit items - basic oven, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker. The bare minimum of pots, pans, and baking sheets - you could make spagetti and cookies. Tableware for 8. The first bedroom had a large bathroom with two sinks and a pocket door to shower and toilet. The bedroom had two twin beds and a small closet, chest, and TV. The master bedroom had a king bed. It had a large alcove with sink and two person hot tub. From there, it had a separate bathroom with large shower, sink, and tiolet.
Some other comments:
- The buildings have some structural problem - they had 4x4s supporting most of the balconies. Not an issue as a renter, but a concern if you plan to bought into this property.
- I came here during Spring Break and it was relatively cool. This is a newer property without any mature trees - it will be hot during the summer.
- There is a Orthodox Church next door that has a big brunch buffet every Sunday.
- The mini-golf on-property was closed when we were there, but my son loved the huge Pirates Cove Mini-golf down the road.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.