Spent three days here with my family for Spring Break. Overall, the units were spacious, new, and close to Williamsburg.
- Large space - We had a two bedroom unit which had a gigantic master bath suite with hot tub, separate toilet and shower. We felt spacious with five people.
- Location - 3 miles, five minute drive to the Williamsburg visitor center
- Common areas - there was an indoor and outdoor pool, game room, and mini-golf.
- You have to drive to the visitor center - there is a small walking trail around property, but you will need to drive to get to Williamsburg or to dinner. I think if I came again, I would stay were I could walk to Williamsburg. While it is only five minutes to the visitor center, then you have another 10 minute walk or 5-15 minutes for a shuttle to the main areas of Williamsburg.
- Furniture - beds were good, but the living room furniture was uncomfortable - basic rental unit items
- No washer and dryer in the unit.
- Cleaning - The kitchen and bathroom were clean and sparkling, but found popcorn under the bed and an old water bottle under the sofa.
- Thin walls/floors - We could hear the family upstairs. They had small children scampering but they sounded much louder at 11:00 at night.
The property has about 12 buildings, each building three stories tall with four units per floor. There are elevators in the buildings. There is a visitor center with the pools, snack shop, computers, and game room. There are three separate pools - an indoor pool, a main outdoor pool, and a separate adult-only pool. Ironically, the adult only pool is very seculed from the main pool but adjacent to the small playground and mini-golf. There is a paved .25 mile walking trail around the property.
Each unit maybe different, but our unit had a main room with a sofa-bed, two very uncomfortable chairs, coffee table, dinning room table that sat six, and a kitchen area with breakfast bar and two stools. The kitchen had the typical rental unit items - basic oven, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker. The bare minimum of pots, pans, and baking sheets - you could make spagetti and cookies. Tableware for 8. The first bedroom had a large bathroom with two sinks and a pocket door to shower and toilet. The bedroom had two twin beds and a small closet, chest, and TV. The master bedroom had a king bed. It had a large alcove with sink and two person hot tub. From there, it had a separate bathroom with large shower, sink, and tiolet.
Some other comments:
- The buildings have some structural problem - they had 4x4s supporting most of the balconies. Not an issue as a renter, but a concern if you plan to bought into this property.
- I came here during Spring Break and it was relatively cool. This is a newer property without any mature trees - it will be hot during the summer.
- There is a Orthodox Church next door that has a big brunch buffet every Sunday.
- The mini-golf on-property was closed when we were there, but my son loved the huge Pirates Cove Mini-golf down the road.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham Governor's Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Governor`s Green Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Hotel Governors Green
- Wyndham Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Wyndham
- Governors Green Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg Governors Green