“Excellent Italian specialities” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Williamsburg, VA
“Excellent Italian specialities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice selection on salad bar. Good service. Food tasty and fresh. Look for coupons to get greater value

Visited November 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“Open on Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

After a filling mid day dinner, we were hungry again later in the day. We began driving around and thought we'd try Milano's. We just wanted pizza which did not disappoint. They did not have the large size so gave us two of the smaller size pizzas at no extra charge.
Service was good. We would dine here again on a future visit.

Visited December 2012
“Flexible, home-made tasting, celiac friendly, private, cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Several times a year we eat here, since Milano's Grill opened in the 70's. As out-of-towners, when in Williamsburg, it's always a comfortable, unique dining experience. Its peaceful atmosphere is a rollback in time, usually quiet enough so that conversation is easy, with pleasant staff, never rushed, fresh linens, plenty of space, never too loud music. If you're on a tighter schedule, let them know upfront, like at any good restaurant. Consistently, management has been flexible to make dishes to accommodate us and our guests. Chef Azaddine and owners satisfy guests and adapt orders to be appetite or diet-specific, tasty, eye-appealing and reasonably priced. Daily soups, bread and a large salad with fruit bar can be a full meal if desired or have a larger meal, with or without salad. For Celiac - no wheat, rye, barley - or vegetarian, Azaddine makes delightful ample meals that please. We've never been disappointed for the decades we've been their guests. They have several dining areas and a bar so Milano's should fit anyone's tastes.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“An average, but overpriced restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Well this restaurant I thought I would have high hopes for. As I enter the place. Was greeted warmly. So the waiter was friendly and very attentive. But soft spoken. So I ordered the manicotti. The salad bar was ok. Some things were warm when it should be cold. The main meal was hot, but very bland no real flavor. Disappointed in it. I could get a better tasting one at olive garden. So because of price and disappointment in the taste I more than likely will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall experience was disappointing, especially considering the tourist area and the overwhelming number of other restaurants we could have eaten at instead. Atmosphere was dimly light and nice for a romantic setting. Booth seats were VERY worn and you could almost feel the wood bottom. Server was not friendly, but ok as far as attentiveness. Salad bar had a lot of items and was fresh, but didn't offer anything special. Soup was almost empty, so we didn't try it. Had chicken tortellini, which was VERY salty to the point where I could not eat it, but chicken was ok. My husband had similar dish and his was not anywhere near as salty, but still too salty for my taste. My husband was not as disappointed as I was, of course his didn't taste like the salt shaker had been poured over his meal. Waiter did say meals were homemade and did have that genuine taste to it, but I would definitely not go back.

• Visited November 2012