“Ten thumbs down Gordon hwy augusta ga” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Country Hearth Inn to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   924 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Capitol Motel)   |
Ranked #66 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Brunswick, Georgia
“Ten thumbs down Gordon hwy augusta ga”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Disgrace to the name. This place should be bulldozed. Paid cash for 2 clean as stated by clerk rooms. Went to rooms they were unfit for farm animals. Pizza sauce on bed,floor ac full of black mold and who knows what.refused refund ! I will never stay at a country hearth inn again,if you want to go to a 3rd world country book here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
hotelinnwilliamsburg, Webmaster at Country Hearth Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Hearth Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it did not work out as you had anticipated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Hearth Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I were in Williamsburg only overnight and knew we wouldn't be in our hotel room until very late and we'd be up and out very early the next morning, so I didn't want to pay for any amenities we wouldn't use. With the ratings I found here, we selected this hotel for our quick overnight. The welcome we received upon arriving well after 9 pm was gracious and sincere. The night manager was quick and efficient, asked if we needed anything, set up our requested wake up call quickly and told us to let him know if we needed anything. He was very pleasant. We drove to the room, saw the awnings down mentioned in another post. I attributed them to the recent hurricane damage that simply hadn't been attended to and the damage looked recent. We were surprised that the stairwell was not lighted as made our way to our 2nd floor room. The room was exactly as advertised. This is an older hotel, so the rooms are a bit used. But everything was extremely clean. There was no smell in the room, the sheets were clean and the beds were good. There were plenty of towels and washcloths, the bathroom was in good shape and clean, and the water pressure was good, as was the water temp. This is not a Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn, so if that's what you are looking for, this isn't the place to stay. Our wake up call came in at the correct time, our checkout took all of 2 minutes. My husband said the breakfast looked good, smelled good, but we were meeting friends for breakfast, so didn't try anything. If all you need is a place to lay your head after a long day, this is the place to stay. If you want new with amenities, don't stay.

Room Tip: As for a 2nd floor room, those seemed nicer.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Hearth Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received our commendation for the level of cleanliness and readiness in which they had the room.

• Housekeeping received my personal commendation for the level of cleanliness and readiness in which they had the room.

• The night manager received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which he treated you, our valued guest.

• The night manager received my personal commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which he treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Hearth Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Just returned from a week in Williamsburg ... stayed at this motel. I've stayed here numerous times before but couldn't believe the two (2) things that happened right off the bat. My friend and I pulled up at the office, and I went to check in ... no one was in the office. I tried ringing the bell as loud as I could 3 or 4 times and no one came to the front ... ended up having to call on my cell phone. The person that answered the phone was in the back and said she didn't hear the bell; she then came right up and checked us in. The room was great and had no complaints on that other than the fitted sheets didn't fit the mattress ... kept popping off at the corners -- surely they can get fitted sheets that fit?! And then there was the matter about the gutter that was laying on the sidewalk in front of our room ... had to step over it the whole week whenever we were leaving/returning from/to the room. We survived these 2 things ... it really wasn't that bad but it was something that really should have been resolved quicker, especially the gutter.

Other than the two (2) things I mentioned above, the management was very nice; and kept the room clean and supplied with needed towels, etc. I would probably stay here again; but would hope that the above mentioned things are taken care of, especially the gutter hanging down and laying on the ground, which could prove to be a hazzard and dangerous. Didn't get a chance to try the breakfast as we were up and gone before they opened the breakfast room so I can't comment on that. As far as I'm concerned, this motel has always been a great place to stay and has always assigned me to a really nice room ... hope it continues that way and that they make the needed improvements.

This motel is also at a great location ... it's on what I call "the quiet side of town" ... you can get to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center in no time at all; and there are restaurants and other eateries located well within a 10 or 15 minute or less drive.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Elkton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We booked two rooms so because we were taking my Mom and 4 year old daughter. When we pulled in, we noticed the gutters were hanging down in to the parking lot and it looked like it hadn't been taken care of for a decade. Our room had a hole in the wall, stuff with a grocery bag, a window that immediately fell out when we tried to put it up, a pillow with a huge, noticable burn hole, and a giant hole in the bedspread. Our fan had a shoe string for a pull cord. My mom's room had no security lock b/c it was broken off. All of the headboards were broken with only one side attached to the wall and the other side was on the floor (2 Queens in each room and Every single one was broken!) I was informed that these were actually the "delux" rooms because we had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The room was big and the appliances worked, which was nice. We had to walk across the parking lot every morning to get cups for the coffee maker, even after we left a note for the staff to leave cups. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I hope that it changes owners quickly or it will end up on the foreclosure list like several of the hotels around it.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
hotelinnwilliamsburg, Webmaster at Country Hearth Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Hearth Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, maintenance was informed of the problems that you found in the rooms assigned to your use and instructed to see to the proper repair or replacements needed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Hearth Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The booked the room online,not knowing what to exspect.We arrived the owner was friendly,in minites we had the room.The room was large ,had two nice beds that were so comfortable,pillow top beds.Had heat lamp in bathroom for after shower,extra nice,safe,and coffee maker,ref,microwave,nice desk and free wifi, i was pleased.The staff owner were wonderful,friendly and helpful.The staff went beyond to make our staff wonderful.I would have to give a A in service,I would recommend this motel to familly trips for stays when going to visit the area and for going to visit bush gardens as we did.They have roll aways and are willing to make your stay enjoyable as possible.The breakfast is wonderful,nice deck to sit on and you can make hot waffles,ceral,toast etc,hot coffee and juice among other things.The pool is a nice extra on those hot days,ac worked great in the rooms best out of all the hotels we had rented down south.We were very pleased with our overall stay.

Room Tip: ask for their largest room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We arrived early..not on purpose,but to make sure everthing was in order,and even thou it was 9.00 am,the nice gentleman let us in our room.We were able to unload our things and relax for a moment,before seeing Williamsburg.The room was fine,no bed bugs,and the only real complaint i may have had was the shower in the bath was in need of a minor repair on the ceiling.The room isn't fancy ..but for the price..we paid 45 a night ..it was well worth it..as we were on the go most of the day and night.The beds were fine..firm,but i like firm,the room even had..a microwave,and mini refrigarator in the room[111],it also has a safe.Our room had two sinks,one outside the bathroom,one in,and the water pressure was fine.The breakfast had waffles,toast,ceral,and milk and juice andmini muffins,enought to get us ready for another day of play.So me and my granson really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Just ask,the manager really seems to care.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
williamjacobs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Continental Breakfast problems reported previously have been fixed.

Fresh made belgian waffles are back on the menu and tasty. (My daughter LOVED making them). Jelly or syrup to put on them.

Poppy seed muffins one morning and banana nut the next.

Bagels and cream cheese.
Frosted flakes and fruit loops,
Coffee, OJ, Apple Juice, 1% milk.
Coffee was better than expected, but such things are subjective.

They were out of half and half the one day, but had it the next. If they're missing something, the front desk manager (owner?) immediately replenished the stock.

One ice machine was working, which worked fine for us. It's just across the parking lot.

Main office was open normally. The breakfast nook and porch were very inviting and clean. We got there a little early but our host didn't bat an eye. He seemed embarrassed he wasn't ready when it was OUR fault. How nice is that?

The place was worryingly empty which made for very little noise and lots of room at the beautiful gazebo festooned pool.

The room had a musty smell which can happen from muggy muggy southern climate. The AC worked TOO well the first day. We used the Auto setting at the middle position between red and blue zones to get a very comfortable room. The ceiling fan helped even more. I applaud their use of energy efficiency.

There's a few rough edges, which one should expect for an affordable hotel, but nothing disturbed me. I hope this hotel gets lots more business. They deserve to survive.

The negatives? Minor.

The ONE thing I might be less than thrilled with was the mattress. Was it too firm? Not sure. My hip would ache when I slept on one side too long. Others might find such a mattress terrific. 2nd night, I adjusted.

Wireless internet worked great from the breakfast area.
It didn't penetrate to our room (225) You may have better luck.
Again, no biggie to walk across the parking lot to check email once a day.

Paid $65 at priceline for a weekend night.
Tough to beat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!