“It’s nice, for the most part” 4 of 5 stars

You added Williamsburg Plantation to your Saves list
Williamsburg Plantation
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4870 Longhill Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188   |
London, Canada
“It’s nice, for the most part”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I could and will list a few things that could be better about Williamsburg Plantation, but let me start by saying that we had a wonderful time, and Williamsburg is a very nice place to visit, shop, eat and become immersed in history. We can’t really complain about the room overall, very large two-bedroom condo, with a Jacuzzi tub and a sauna. Good sized balcony (although the plastics chairs were not really ideal). The condo was pretty clean and the kitchen well-stocked with utensils and dishes. The grounds are very nicely taken care of and they will lend you tennis equipment and DVDs if you desire.
I do have few things to critique however. The check-in process is ridiculous; we arrived after a 6 hour drive to find a huge line and a 20-30 minute wait. Once we checked in, the kids sat on their bed which promptly collapsed. It took a while (close to 3 hours) for someone to show up. He was very pleasant and fixed it (with my assistance) but our experience so far seemed quite substandard. The pool is not staffed with a lifeguard and most times we were there, a few “hooligans” made swimming less than enjoyable for others. There isn’t an oven in the kitchen, just a hot plate, not a big deal but there was room in the kitchen. We were also provided with dishwasher tablets and instructed to load the dishwasher before checking out, but we couldn’t find a dishwasher.
All in all, these became small complaints throughout the week and for the price we paid. It is a nice place to stay, and we were not bothered at all with any sales pitch.

591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed a week here at this property. Our second floor unit was clean and well furnished with plenty of room for the six of us. It was nice to have the washer and dryer located in the hallway of the second floor. We did not have a stove but the fridge, microwave, and hotplate worked fine for us. I enjoyed the second floor as it was nice to leave the windows open on a couple of cool nights. The indoor and outdoor pool are both large and were never too crowded. I've been to other timeshare resorts that did not charge the fees that this resort does. There is a fee for wifi, a fee for a change of towels (I washed the towels myself), a fee for midweek cleaning, and fees for almost all activities that take place at the resort.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this place because our alternative stand-by resort did not have any rooms for this trip. We travel to Williamsburg quite a bit, at least two to three times a summer so are quite familiar with the area. This place was nice and I probably would stay there again if we couldn't book the other place which remains nameless. It had a busy pool so if you are looking for quiet, this is not the place but not too bad. The accomodations were nice but I think they should throw in a maid service (at no cost) if you stay over two days just to change towels and empty the trash. Other than that it was okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
upton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this property through My timeshare company. Check in was slow with two people checking people in as 2 more people across the way where sitting behind their desks,you don't know how to cross train people.

We checked into our unit and noticed several holes and tears in the carpet i dropped a glass bottle and found no vacum cleared to vacum up glass. The beds were small and made and squeak Everytime you moved. They also dont provide housekeeping unless you pay for nor do hey change you linens and towels out.

We attended one of their planned activities a wine tasting, which was ok, but they left the room a mess with a vacum clearer still plugged in and out in he middle of th room as well as a pop corn maker and a hot dog maker. The room i was held in had clutter all over the desk that hey were using to serve cheese and crackers on. My high school aged daughter Whois in culinary arts and wants to study Hospitality in college knows you don't do this when you are having an event trying to get people to buy into your resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for four days while visiting Williamsburg. We were very impressed with our accommodations/condo. It was well furnished and very clean. We are not part of a timeshare program so we were nicely asked to take the tour and hear the pitch. We declined and that was the end of it, no pushy sales rep. It is about 5 miles from Williamsburg which was a little disappointing, but the front desk is extremely helpful and has printed easy to follow directions. There also is a Primer Outlet very close, an added bonus. It is a great place for families with may kids activities. We definitely would stay here again.

Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

So far we are really enjoying our two-bedroom condo. There is plenty of room for my family of five to relax before and after our visits to the local attractions.The full kitchen, washer and dryer, and two full bathrooms are very nice to have when traveling with kids. We have a top floor, corner unit which has been very quiet so far. The stair well has a nasty odor, but for the reasonable price that we paid, we can deal with it. The room is as clean as I would expect for this level resort. A few stains here and there but nothing that takes away from our stay. Our experience with the staff has been mixed. The gentleman that greeted us at the gate was helpful and friendly as was the gentleman that checked us into our room. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the concierge. At first she was very friendly, but as soon as she realized we were not going to sign up to attend a timeshare presentation, she turned into a spoiled child who did not get her way. I politely told her that we were not interested in any presentations. She got a little snippy and told me that as a resort guest it would be to our benefit. I again politely told her that we were not interested. At that point, she pushed our welcome packet at us, held her hand up in my face, and replied, "Fine! If you won't even listen to what I have to say then just leave!" Another couple who was walking in at the time looked at me with raised eyebrows and a look of disbelief. As much as we are enjoying our stay, I'm not sure that I will want to return to a resort that employs such pushy, unprofessional staff in order to pressure its guests into attending timeshare presentations.

Room Tip: While there are a lot of stairs, the top floor is nice to have. You don't have to listen to anyo...
Gretna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a 3 night stay at the Williamsburg Plantation & it was very nice! I am picky, might I add, but this 2 bedroom condo was very clean, comfortable bed, roomy bathrooms and kept up. We had a timeshare tour, which lasted longer than the 90 mins., of course!, but..the girl (Angela) was not too pushy and very nice. It was very convenient to the Premium Outlets, which were GREAT! They were busy, busy, busy due to the tax free weekend, but I found some excellent deals there. The place was very quiet for some rest and relaxation for me and my husband, with the exception of one evening our neighbors were noisy..kids, of course! lol --Overall, a very NICE stay!

Room Tip: Top floor is best (to avoid someone being loud above you).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Williamsburg Plantation? Share your experiences!