I could and will list a few things that could be better about Williamsburg Plantation, but let me start by saying that we had a wonderful time, and Williamsburg is a very nice place to visit, shop, eat and become immersed in history. We can’t really complain about the room overall, very large two-bedroom condo, with a Jacuzzi tub and a sauna. Good sized balcony (although the plastics chairs were not really ideal). The condo was pretty clean and the kitchen well-stocked with utensils and dishes. The grounds are very nicely taken care of and they will lend you tennis equipment and DVDs if you desire.
I do have few things to critique however. The check-in process is ridiculous; we arrived after a 6 hour drive to find a huge line and a 20-30 minute wait. Once we checked in, the kids sat on their bed which promptly collapsed. It took a while (close to 3 hours) for someone to show up. He was very pleasant and fixed it (with my assistance) but our experience so far seemed quite substandard. The pool is not staffed with a lifeguard and most times we were there, a few “hooligans” made swimming less than enjoyable for others. There isn’t an oven in the kitchen, just a hot plate, not a big deal but there was room in the kitchen. We were also provided with dishwasher tablets and instructed to load the dishwasher before checking out, but we couldn’t find a dishwasher.
All in all, these became small complaints throughout the week and for the price we paid. It is a nice place to stay, and we were not bothered at all with any sales pitch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Williamsburg, Virginia, a town synonymous with American history, is the perfect location for fun-filled family vacationing. At Williamsburg Plantation Resort you are just minutes from the historical sites of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Battlefield and Yorktown Victory center. Also nearby are two award-winning theme parks - Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA. Spread out over 78 acres, the Resort features indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a host of other amenities including an on-site Spa designed to enrich your stay in one of America's favorite vacation destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Williamsburg Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Plantation Resort Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Plantation Resort
- Plantation Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Plantation Virginia