“Big, beautiful and out of town” 4 of 5 stars

You added Williamsburg Plantation to your Saves list
Williamsburg Plantation
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4870 Longhill Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188   |
Sydney, Australia
“Big, beautiful and out of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The suite we had was a fully equipped, modern, spacious and very comfortable apartment. Parking was convenient and the resort's extensive grounds are attractive and well maintained. WiFi service costs a premium and the cost applies to one device only so if you have a few, as we did, it can be an expensive extra. The resort is located near rather than in Williamsburg so virtually all of the things to do in and around the town, including eating, require at least a 10 minute drive. This is a good place for a longer term stay but if you are on an overnighter or just a few days there are many hotels much closer to the action.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. Guests love Williamsburg Plantation Resort because of our spacious accommodations that feature all of the comforts of home. Although we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations we’re thankful that you appreciated the value we offer our travelers. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went to Williamsburg Plantation because it was the best available on Interval for the week we had available. It was just average and well below average in some respects. The one bedroom unit was spacious with a nice enough full kitchen. The "resort" is well located. However, the lighting at night made it almost impossible to read (even in bed) and there was very limited closet space. The biggest issue for us was that wi-fi is only available in your unit for a charge, which is on the high side at $9.99/day or $49.99 for the week, and only can be used by one device at a time (what's up with that ?). The windows in the bedroom had only blinds, no curtains, meaning that the sun came it in the morning. We didn't use the other amenities as we were there simply to relax, sleep, read and watch videos. We did succumb to the offer for the sales pitch (which would have been significantly longer than the promised 45 minutes even if we hadn't decided to buy) but were disappointed when after "booking" it for lunch we were called twice the day before to change to breakfast and then finally told that only breakfast and a morning time were available. In-unit there was no clear receptacle for recycling and you are expected to take recyclables yourself to the one recycling area available, which was quite some distance from our unit. I'm not quite sure why they went to the trouble of putting in a key card entry system to the property when it was never in use (just drive right in over the speed bump). All in all, an ok place but I wouldn't choose it again - certainly not over The Colonies right around the corner.

Room Tip: Upstairs, but be prepared to climb them - there are no elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations during your stay. We understand that travelers expect services comparable to what they find at home, but with the technology of hotspots, unlimited data plans, etc. we find many of our guests do not place in-room internet service as a priority amenity. Therefore the resort strives to be frugal with our timeshare owner’s association fees and charges for the convenience of WiFi in the private rooms. Complimentary internet service is available in the resort’s clubhouse for guests. Black-out drapes will be installed in the units as we go forward with the resort’s refurbishment project. The resort’s entry gate is staffed nightly with security from 8pm till 7am. Superior service is our top priority and we never want anyone to leave without the best experience. We regret that now you have such a negative impression of us, but we hope you reconsider and allow us another opportunity to host your next visit to Williamsburg so that we can deliver the type of vacation experience that all travelers expect of all Vacation Village Resort properties.
Sammamish
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay on the first floor, as it is very loud to have someone above you. Spacious, but somewhat dated. Sales pitch (survey) takes too much time, so do not fall for "free" breakfast gimick! No free Internet. Location is good but there are probably many similar choices in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We offer great accommodations and value for our guests and are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service. We appreciate your comments as they help us decide what areas we can improve upon. Thank you for posting and we hope we may have a future opportunity to welcome you back to Williamsburg.
Randleman, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom unit, 240A, as a getaway and were joined by friends. Love the location as it was quiet and yet near to the outlet mall. It was a great week together and there were not many guests here. Like others, I was amazed and surprised that there was a room charge for the internet. I did visit the office everyday to use it. Not a total inconvenience since there was free coffee and the USA Today available every day. Now as to the condo, I would say that it is quite nice. However, it must have been a man who designed the kitchen layout. They should be remodeled to the style of the sister condo -- The Colonies. So should the bath of the front bedroom. As we were there, there was a furniture sale at one of the other units. I am assuming that this unit will receive new carpeting and furniture in the future as well. While there, little things like unlit doorbell buttons and ceiling lights out in our unit and the cleaning of the lights should be taken care.
Having to walk to the front office everyday, I also noticed that there should also be more walkways installed as there is a hilly area at the back of the tennis court to the parking lot. At night it is also dark there due to the lack of tree trimming around the parking lot lights that are working.
Sorry to seem so negative. We really did enjoy our time here and the beds were comfortable, the TV's worked great, the size of the unit was adequate for 4. Plenty of towels. The indoor pool is fabulous!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We’re always looking for ways to improve service and we appreciate when a guest takes the time to share their observations. Your comments have been sent to the resort’s management team for further review. We’re happy that we were able to provide you with a good vacation and we hope that we may be able to share our hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Williamsburg.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to the resort to relax. I check in, then went across the street to my room. I'm handicap and in a wheelchair as I'm going up the side walk to my room my chair flips over in the cut out in the side walk. I called the office for help. I'm waiting on the ground underneath my wheelchair, l can see the main office from my position but no one comes to help. Finally, two gentleman driving by and helped. My wife noticed hours later she had a voice mail it was the resort calling me to say they couldn't help me and to call 911.YOU DON'T LEAVE A VOICEMAIL when someone called for HELP I actually don't have a problem for not helping. I do have a problem that no one came to see if I was alright, if I was alone or to tell me they couldn't help. I was across the street on the main building. I could list a few more reasons why a disabled person in a wheelchair should avoid this resort but I won't. Robertvann95@gmail.com

• Stayed April 2013
vacationvillage, General Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I just read your TripAdvisor review and I am embarrassed to say that this is the first I am hearing about your accident. I have reached out to you via the email address provided in your comments for more information concerning your experience. If you will provide your phone number, I would like to speak with you directly about this incident so that I may counsel my staff immediately. Additionally, I would like to know who left the voicemail message to which you refer in your TripAdvisor statement. I sincerely apologize that you were not provided assistance immediately and remain very interested in knowing who on my staff was aware of your plight and failed to assist. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Marcia Ornelas
Resort Manager
Williamsburg Plantation Resort
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family of 4 visited the Williamsburg Plantaion in March of 2013. This was our 2nd visit to the Plantation because we loved it the first time back in 2010. This time the only complaint we have is that we paid $50 for internet for the week and you are only allowed internet for one device at a time.

This was frustrating having two teens and two adults who had to take turns surfing. Also each time we switched devices, the login and password were locked and we had to spend half hour to an hour getting technical support to reset the password. For the price, the service was not up to par for internet service in our opinion at all.

Room Tip: Its a toss between weather you want a unit A to have a stove in your kitchen or unit B to have other...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of your trip with us. We’re happy that you enjoyed our resort but are sorry that you found our in-room WiFi amenity lacking. We do offer complimentary internet service in the Clubhouse at the resort. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope you stay with us again the next time you visit Williamsburg.
Kanata, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Williamsburg Plantation is well located by highway 199 at Longhill rd exit. It is a quiet area except that the room are noisy if there is someone staying below or above you. It has the very basic stuff that you would expect from a timeshare resort nothing more. The unit have old furniture and outdated. My room had a very old 50 inch TV rear projectors that must have been at the least 15 years old. ( you know the old rear projector that was about 2.5" wide ) The resort has a good gym, nice interior pool and a an extremely hot Jacuzzi. This is my second time at this resort and probably last. I usually sty at the Marriott Ford's Colony which is much nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. Providing a great vacation is our top priority and we never want anyone to leave unhappy. We’re sorry that you were disappointed with your accommodations and amenities and we hope you have a better travel experience on your next trip to Williamsburg.

Been to Williamsburg Plantation? Share your experiences!