“Great Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
“Great Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

I was really pleased with our week long stay at this resort.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom cottage style unit. The seperate bedroom was quite large with a king size bed, plenty of drawer space and TV. Also the bathroom was very roomy with a double vanity, whirpool tub and seperate shower unit. The kitchen/living room area was very small and cramped. It included a efficiency style kitchen tucked in the corner with a small but full size refrigerator. The kitchen was well stocked with all the essentials. Even paper towels were provided. Small kitchen table with 2 chairs. Also had sleeper sofa in this space along opposite wall and a cocktail table. This unit is listed with maximum occupancy of 4. Iam not sure how the sleeper sofa could be used comfortably. The TV in the living area was located on the wall directly above the refrigerator about 4 feet acroos from the sofa. Needless to say we used the TV in the bedroom. Directly outside the kitchen door was a good size wooden deck with 2 deck chairs. A patio table would have made it perfect. The unit included an apartment size washer/dryer that was convenient.
The entire unit was spotless and in order upon arrival. Towels and bed linens were provided. The housekeeping staff at King's Creek do a great job on upkeep maintenance and cleanliness.
King's Creek was a quiet resort. We heard no outside noise or noise from the unit next to ours even though a couple with a small child stayed there. We went in October so it wasn't an extremely busy or crowded time of the year.
The clubhouse had an indoor pool that looked nice but we didn't use. So much to see with so little time that the pool was last on our list. King's Creek is located within a few miles of all major attractions. A car is a must unless you stay directly in Colonial Williamsburg.
All the staff we met during our week there were friendly and helpful. All in all we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Just spent a week at this resort (exchange through Interval Intl.). Four people in our party - my wife and myself (in low to mid 50's), our son (29), and my father (82). We had a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath unit. Bedrooms were upstairs. Master bedroom had a king size bed. The other bedroom had 2 twin beds. Each had it's own bathroom and each had a 19" TV. The bed in the master did seem hard as some others have stated, but we had no problem sleeping on it (maybe we were just tired from the activities of the day??). Some of the outlets in the master didn't work properly - you had to move the plug side to side to get contact - could be a fire hazard.

Downstairs, the galley kitchen was equipped with a stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, disposal, toaster, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, utensils - most everything needed. They could stand to add another frying pan, as it's difficult to cook bacon and eggs at the same time with just one frying pan. The sink sprayer was inoperative/broken (didn't call to have it fixed), the faucet handle was loose, and the cabinets were white thermofoil and some were peeling. I did tell them about the faucet handle and outlets and they had maintenance there right away (less than 1/2 hour). The flooring was Pergo type and had apparently been very wet more than once as it was cupping and not smooth at all. The half bath had the same floor and it was in even worse condition. If flooding in the units is a problem they should consider ceramic tile for these floors. There was a washer/dryer stack in a closet off the kitchen which worked very well - smaller loads than we're used to at home, but hey, sure was convenient to have them right there in the unit.

The living room had a sleeper sofa for guests with the need for additional sleeping space. TV was a 42" flat screen and there was a DVD player. TV service was cable and HD was available for local channels. Called the office to ask if they had VCR's available as my wife was having soap opera withdrawal (heaven forbid she should miss them while sightseeing). I was told they didn't have any available - she survived the week though.

Gas grills were next to the street and were to be shared by multiple units. The unit had outdoor sitting areas with chairs - which we made use of several times.

There are 2 pools - one in and one outdoors. Each had a hot tub. Didn't use the outdoor pool (it WAS late October). Indoor pool was fine, but while the hot tub portion was hot, it had no more water flow than the normal pool filter return. Fitness center was small but adequate. There is a small store in the aquatic center across from the check in desk - but they don't carry much in the way of groceries (almost none). There are 3 computers to use there also.

As far as location is concerned, it was a short drive (15 minutes) to Historic Williamsburg visitor's center. From there, you take shuttles to Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. Our first day (Monday) we went to Historic Jamestown and the settlement. We were able to get a motorized wheelchair for dad at the settlement for free. Tuesday, we took the Tidewater Tours Washington D.C. trip. The tour company provided a free manual wheelchair for dad. Wednesday, went to Norfolk for the naval museum and battleship tours (both free). Stopped at the Yorktown Victory Center on the way back. Again a free motorized wheelchair. Thursday and Friday were spent in Williamsburg. Got 2 day tickets for $46 each. Seniors were apparently free but had to pay $7/day for a manual wheelchair.

Busch Gardens and the water park are right near the resort, as is Target for groceries. But, if you want a restaurant, your going to have to drive a bit.

All in all, King's Creek was a pretty good place to stay. If we ever decide to go back and explore the Williamsburg area in more depth, I'm pretty certain we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

We had arranged an ADA room with Interval International. I called the hotel twice, most recently 1 week prior to arrival. I was assured that we would have an ADA room. When we arrived, we were assigned a cottage. The bedrooms were UPSTAIRS and there weren't even safety bars on the regular tubs. Luckily, my husband has improved following his stroke to be able to make it up a flight of stairs once daily. When we arrived, the clerk said that the request WAS in the computer, but that there must have been a mix-up. It was labor day weekend, and they did not have a comparable unit. Also, a lot of the units have stairs to get into them. Luckily, ours did not. This is a typical spread-out condo development (looks more residential than resort) type property. My husband pretty much chose to just stay at the unit, rather than getting in the car to go to the pools, etc. It is hilly, so would be hard to push a chair around. There is no cleaning service during the week, and no restaurants or bars on site. On the GOOD side... it is a lovely, well maintained property, and would be great for healthy, active families. It is close to everything in Williamsburg, and the staff is nice. Oh, DON'T get a "one-bedroom" I saw what they look like, and the ones I saw were really an efficiency.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I am a travel agent and I have traveled all over the world and stayed at a variety of accommodations. I was so pleased with Kings Creek Plantation that I felt compelled to submit a review which I RARELY do. If you are traveling with a family, this is the place for you. The units are large and comfortable. We were in the cottage area and from what I am told this is the oldest area in the property. The unit was clean and offered all the comforts of home. Our kids had a large bedroom along with a private bathroom. I did not feel like I was in a run down unit what -so-ever. We had a large kitchen with all amenities and also a washing machiene and dryer.
The location of King's Creek is perfect...right next door to the water park and only a few minutes from Busch Gardens.
All the beauty that Virginia offers was just enhanced all the more by this wonderful property. I will always promote this property to my clients and encourage any of you considering a trip to Williamsburg to book a stay here.
On a side note, I did NOT participate in any time share presentation nor was there any pressure to do so. If you want to avoid that, make sure you make that clear at your time of booking.

Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Moorestown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

We just returned from a wonderful vacation in WIlliamsburg, VA where we stayed at the King's Creek Plantation resort. We rented a 3 bedroom 3.5 bath single family cottage directly from King's Creek. I never stayed at a time share resort before and thought we'd be approached by sales people and that it would be dirty, but it was none of that. Because we rented from the man who rents them at King's Creek [--] we didn't have to listen to a sales speal because we didn't try to get the discount by taking the tour. I understand it's the same if you rent from a timeshare owner directly off e-bay or expedia or another timeshare rental sight for owners. Expedia was having a 30% off rate and the facility matched it.

We were in the York cottage (floor plan is at bottom of this web page: http://www.kingscreekplantation.com/cottages.asp?n=welcome&s=tc

Total of 3 beds and 3.5 baths. Upstairs, it had 2 bedrooms (1 king and another room with 2 twins) and 2 baths. Downstairs was a full clean kitchen. I generally get skeeved out using other peoples utensils, but the silverware, plates and glasses looked brand new. The dishwasher and small washer/dryer worked perfectly. There was also a half bath in this area.

Then there is another easily accessible section to the house that can be locked separately as an apartment. We left the door open between the two sections and it flowed nicely. This section has a 3rd bedroom (king) and another full bath with a smaller kitchen (including a 5+ foot tall another refrigerator) and table and couch and tv in this area. Every bedroom has a tv. This section would be great for parents who want to get away from the kids, or grandparents, or friends. This part can be locked separately. There was also a second washer/dryer in this section.

We were told check in was at 4:00. We arrived at 3:30 and the line at the desk went really quickly and I asked for a crib. We got immediately into the cottage and the crib had already been delivered (now that's quick service). It was a new pak 'n play. Maybe used 3 times from what I could tell.

Our phone wasn't working when we got there. I called from another phone. It did take them two days to fix it. I never saw the person who fixed it, but then we were at the parks all day. So it was fixed, but we never used it anyway.

The pool doesn't have a life guard and got pretty crowded at 7:00 pm (of course the kids loved it anyway), but from around 8:30 to 10 it's pretty empty. One of the lights was broken in the pool behind the Aquatics Center and it made it too dark in half the pool for me to feel secure on that side with the kids. I guess I should have said something. Oh well, maybe they'll read this review.

The bathrooms were clean. The wif-fi for the computer worked well from our place. There are barbeques out front of the houses, but we didn't have time. It's right next to the Water Country park. (One driveway down). We loved it. The next driveway down is a Target (where we picked up groceries) and a Best Buy.

Just like the other reviewers said, the beds are hard. I can never sleep on too hard beds and these are hard. However, after walking the amusement parks with an 8 and 11 year old and pushing a 4 month old in the stroller, we were wiped. I fell asleep before the kids on that very very hard bed every single night. I would do it again.

We also went to the historical section of Williamsburg. Very fun (go on a cooler day). On the last day we went to Jamestown. We first went to the real settlement where they are excavating and then to the one up the road a mile with the recreated fort and homes and ships. Wonderful. Both Willaimsburg historical section and Jamestown are about 10 minutes from the King's Creek Plantation.

I recommend the Discovery Bounce Pass that you can buy online from Bush Gardens. It comes with a great discount and can be used for 7 consecutive days at Bush Gardens and Water Country. We got the higher end Williamsburg historic bounce passes on the pass also. The passes we got also included parking that otherwise costs $12 a day at the two parks (Bush and Water). On days we woke up late, we payed the extra $6 for preferred parking to get closer to the Bush park and then we didn't have to take the tram.

Some days we went to Water Country in the morning and then Bush at night around 5:30 or 6 (they were open until 8 while we were there and Water Country was open until 6). At around 5:30 we didn't pay for preferred, just used our Discovery Bounce passes and they were directing everyone at that later time everyday into preferred parking.

The cottage is a thumbs up. Not fancy. The rooms are sparse with furniture. But, we had the cottage to ourselves, so there was nobody next door or upstairs or downstairs making noise. Or I guess on the other hand who we could have bothered. We' d absolutely do it again and take the 6 hour drive down from New Jersey. Just don't hit D.C. at rush hour. Lots of fun.

McGaheysville, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Definitely would return and recommend to anyone looking for a clean, spacious, comfy place to stay centrally located with lots of attrations. Staff is superb and helpful. We took our 2 grandsons who called it "LUXURY." They were sad to leave and want to come back.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Excellent location for Water Country and Busch Gardens - and away from the tourist-trap area. We prefer renting a home-away-from-home when vacationing rather than 2 hotel rooms for our family of 6. We rented a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom lockout giving us plenty of space and allowing us to eat breakfast before heading out (we also did several takeout dinners). The washer/dryer allows you to pack lighter and come home with clean clothes. One shower was missing a shower curtain which maintenance fixed in under an hour after our phone call. Having a detached cottage kept it quiet during the night - didn't have to worry about a noisy neighbor above you or having a common wall.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!