“The Townes--Great location, grounds are wonderful, just a couple of issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of King's Creek Plantation Resort

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #43 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Columbus, Ohio
“The Townes--Great location, grounds are wonderful, just a couple of issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Stayed in a 2 bedroom Townes unit--mid May, 2009. Location is great, 1/4 mile off freeway. The grounds are wonderful, clean and gas grills everywhere. Plenty of parking. Unit was reasonably clean and ready when we arrived (6:30 PM). This was Interval International exchange. I was not charged any extra fees as some have claimed happened to them. We were happy with almost everything but the biggest issue was the 2nd bedroom was advertised (with Interval International and King's Creek website) as having a queen bed. Just a double bed. When I went to office to inquire, personnel claimed it was a queen (not !!) When I asked to be moved to unit with real queen in 2nd bedroom, I was told every unit has same size bed in 2nd bedroom. Other issue is hot tubs in outdoor pools are not open until 10 AM. Many guests felt this was too late, as did we. (Should note the hot tub in indoor pool area opens at 7A, but is too far to walk to from most areas of complex, especially when a pool complex is outside your door). Last issue, coffemaker was broken, but replaced as soon as notified. All in all, except for bed, would recommend. The good far outweighs the bad !!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

My family and I went for a 3 night stay. Boy was it a disaster. The facility is old and outdated. The staff need to work on their customer service and it was not worth the money nor the 60- 90 minutes wack presentation. As we were leaving we met a couple who had been owners since 2006. They told us they were to tell future buyers not to buy in to it because it's not what it's cut out to be. We were told that they have never used their weeks since ownership.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
pawtucket ri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Just returned from the perfect vacation week in Williamsburg VA. Exchanged through Interval to the Townes @Kings Creek Plantation in Williamsburg. My wife and I arrived on Sunday and found our Condo style unit ready for an early check-in.The unit was in perfect condition. Looked like it had never been used. The furniture, the full kitchen, washerand dryer in the unit are a Huge plus. Wide flat screen TV"s in all the rooms. The grounds and the entire resort is beautiful.As far as location,what can I say. If your going to do the Historic triangel area this is the place to stay! It is located near "everything"! Would highly recommed this restort to anyone visiting the Williamsburg area!!!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We were a little nervous to stay at Kings Creek due to the mixed reviews posted but ended up booking a weeks stay in early May through Interval International. Great first impressions, a gated community, lovely landscaping, well-maintained resort. We were greeted on arrival by a security guard at the main gatehouse who then mysteriously disappeared and we never saw anyone there again! Check-in was smooth and straightforward. We stayed in a two bedroom unit located in The Townes section.
Unit looks like it's been recently renovated - clean, tidy, well stocked, plenty of room. Two large bedrooms (one King, one Queen) each with a TV. Two large bathrooms (master has a jacuzzi tub.) Galley style kitchen with full size fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave, well stocked with cooking utensils, towels, sponges, paper towels etc. Separate mini-sink area in the hallway. Separate closet with washer and dryer. Dining room with table to seat 6. Living room with fake fireplace, flat-screen TV/DVD but no HD. Off the master bedroom is a sitting room with sleeper sofa and another TV. There are enough supplies (laundry detergent, washing up liquid, basic bathroom supplies, coffee making supplies) for a few days but after that you'll need to go to the supermarket - we went to Ukrop's about 10 mins away, really nice.
Furnishings in the unit are modern and functional. It's not really comfy and cosy - rather sparse and bland - but nothing was damaged or in bad condition as other people found. We did miss having a balcony or an outdoor patio, it's nice to sit outside to relax, instead we used one of the many outdoor picnic tables and seating areas. There are also ample outdoor gas grills, in excellent condition, we enjoyed grilling several times.
We looked around the Aquatic Center and indoor pool, all looked good. The resort was very quiet when we were there, the two outdoor pools, hot tubs, kiddie pool were pretty deserted. We heard that using the computers in the Resort Center was a problem so we took out laptop with us and made use of the very fast, free WiFi connection.
We did notice a 'hard sell' atmosphere. There are quite a few timeshare salesmen who seem to be constantly giving tours. Whenever we went to the Resort Center the salesmen would jump to their feet only to be disappointed when they realised we were not prospective clients. We received three early morning phone calls during the week (annoying because we sleep late on vacation) each call was to tell us about "owners meetings", "I.I. meetings", or "info about Kings Creek". We were polite each time but I wish we had been left alone.
Check-out is 10am. We were asked to stack the dishwasher and put all used linens/towels in one place. No big deal. As previous reviewers have mentioned, our door keys stopped working at 8.45am - a big inconvenience when you're trying to load the car, we had doors wedged open and prayed no one accidentally locked us out! I mentioned this to reception on check-out and they didn't seem surprised or concerned therefore I'm assuming it's normal policy. Be warned :-)
Kings Creek is in an excellent location close to the Colonial Parkway. We bought the Triangle Pass, $80.00 for a week's unlimited access to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown National Park, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Victory Center, and Yorktown Battlefield National Park. The resort is within walking distance of Water Country, a few minutes from Presidents Park, and about 10mins to Busch Gardens.
We enjoyed our week and had no problems. I'm just hesitant to recommend staying here due to all the negative reviews that have been previously posted. Feel free to email me with any questions, glad to help!

BOSTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Just came home from a great vacation, the stay at KCP was comfortable, clean and employees were very friendly. Stay in a townhouse two bedroom 2 1/2 bath full kitchen, large screen tv. Furniture needed updated but was not there all the time we were out site seeing most of the time. Would recommend this to friend and thinking about going back next year.

San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We got a very good deal and I was not sure how it would work out until we got there. We are a family of six, with baby, so it can be difficult to travel. We loved our stay! The area is very nice, the place was clean, the pools and sauna were well-maintained. We really liked it. It is a short drive to Colonial Williamsburg but the drive itself, via Colonial Parkway, was beautiful. I would definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I'm seperated from a man who hates to travel, and I own my own timeshare (in my name only) in Virginia Beach. In spite of this, they refused to give my daughter and me the tour, so, of course, I missed out on the tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and the $75 gift certificate to Capt. George's Seafood. They also wanted to charge me full price for our 1-bedroom cottage -- in spite of the fact that we were at the tour site at 8:00 Saturday morning, and they were the ones that refused to take us on the tour. In addition, we had no hot water on Sunday morning. I had to let the water run for 10 minutes before it even got warm. They also deactivated our room key at 9:30 Sunday morning. Check-out time is not until 10 am. We were in the process of loading the car. Thankfully, we didn't shut the door, or we would have been locked out in the pouring rain. I would not recommend this resort because, frankly, I don't trust them. I also feel discriminated against as a woman. If you stay here, beware

• Stayed May 2009

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!