“Sorry I brought a timeshare” 2 of 5 stars

King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #46 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Maryland
“Sorry I brought a timeshare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I'm an owner at Kings Creek. As an owner you can stay at the resort for a weekend at a reduced rate. So I made reservations for a 1 bedroom for 4 days at a rate of $50.00 per day. I was told that I my unit would be simular to what I brought. That was not true.
I was placed in a room no larger than 25 sq feet . Two steps in the unit you were in the bed room, there was a kitchenett, with no pots or pans or utensils next to the outdoor pool with lots of kids. I requested an upgrade, and received one for an additional $231.00 dollars, that made the cost of my lodging for 4 days close to $500.00. Some bargin!

My upgrade was a 2 bedroom, full kitchen in one of the cottages which is not what I brought. I had a roach problem, a refrigerator that only the freezer worked. So I ate out every day and used a lot of gas. In total for 4 days spent over $300.00 dollars for food and gas.

I'm soooo sorry I brought at this resort. I can't wait to pay it off so I can sell it or give it away. I felt like a sucker when I brought and feel like a bigger one now. And they tried to sell me one of the estates!

If you own, bank your week there and travel elsewhere, not worth the time or trouble. Whatever you do , don't go plan a weekend getaway.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the roaches
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

i stayed in a one bedroom cottage with a king size bed. I was so impressed with everything in the cottage. Very clean, everything was perfect until I sat on the bed. It didn't bounce, hard as a rock. Luckily I had enough activities planned that when I came back to the room I was to tired to think about it and I was thankful for the jacuzzi. It definitely got used. I would recommend King's Creek to anyone. Overall it was a great vacation.

• Liked — The Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — The Bed
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

This was the worse place I have ever stayed at. The staff was not helpful or caring with our problems. Part of my family had to sleep on the floor due to broken bed that the resort would not fix. We also notified them of a wall outlet that was a fire hazard which they would not address with us. The staff and the tour guide blamed everyone but the resort for the problems. Just found out that the resort have added additional charges on my credit card after told no additional charges were made to our room. Will never ever stay with that resort and hope that someone else is not taken the way we were by this company.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

What many see on the internet, is sometimes not that genuine as they expect it to be in real life.
Websites often try to interest a viewer by saying things they have in the home place, that often isn't there.

The same goes to the King's Creek Plantation Resort.
First of all, their website said there would be a lot of walking space. When we got there, there was only a maximum of 0.6 miles of a walk path!

Also, booking is very inconvenient. We asked for a 3 night stay at a Estate, with 2 bedrooms, and 1600+ square foot of space, but when we got there, we found out they were all booked!
So, we had to cram the whole family in a miniature sized townhouse instead. We couldn't go back home, as we are more than 15 hours away!

Also, the houses all had cracks, and though some are new, the feeling of luxury jsut didn't appear to come.

For the good stuff, it was 880 acres of houses, had many swimming pools, and also offered rental PlayStation 1's and 2's.

Other than that, I considered this "resort" to not be of much importance.

Best of luck!!!

• Liked — Good pools, and nice entertainment! :)
  • Disliked — Not much of a resort
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is a very nice place to stay. We spent two nights in the penthouse estates as a get away in celebration of my wife's birthday. It was very disappointing that the bed had a very loud squeak on one side. Since we agreed to listen to a two hour pitch about time shares, we got the room at a reduced rate plus a gift certificate. The pitch was the highest pressure to purchase that we had ever seen. After the sales person finally realized that we meant what we were saying, we were quickly dismissed with the statement of "WE ARE DONE". I guess I was expecting a "Thank you for your time and in the future if you change your mind and decide to purchase a time share, please consider us". We were not expecting the person who had been so nice moments earlier to issue us the dismissal statement "We Are Done". That was a little rude. If you are planning to purchase a time share, King's Creek seems to be very nice. I do not recommend renting a room at the special rate with a gift certificate unless you are planning to buy a time share.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — hard sales pitch, squeaky bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Our family of 2 adults and 3 teenagers spent 4 days exploring Washington and then moved to the quiet of Virginia for some relaxation. I could not recommend a better place than King's Creek. When we pre-booked we requested a recently renovated unit because of concerns on trip-advisors. What we got looked straight out of the box brand spankin' new! It was very spacious with privacy for the girls, the boy and the parents. There was a really nice pool a few short steps away and a forest out the back window. The house was cool, clean, and just about perfect in every way for what we needed. The staff at front desk were extremely helpful too. Nobody made any sales pitch for time shares or anything of the sort. We were sorry we hadn't booked a few more nights but we had to move on because we were expected elsewhere. Williamsburg is a great place to holiday. I was only sorry we hadn't found it years ago when the children were smaller but having said that, it is ideal for teenagers as well. Thank you to other reviewers for advice on park passes and money saving deals. King's Creek is next doot to the water park and only 5 minutes or so from Busch Gardens. Going to town to eat is a bit further but well worth it for the choice of good food. Getting back here each evening after our adventures was so relaxing. Floating in the pool until 10pm at night under the clear Virginia sky was the best. Well done to King's Creek for a totally enjoyable holiday.

• Liked — Clean, modern, great location.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

We booked this site from an outside agency. The cottage we stayed in was nice not exactly the 5 star property that had been promoted. We were told that this was a time share and we had to take a 60-90 minute low pressure tour. Well at the end of the 3 hour HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH we finally recieved our reward which was not overly valuable. Upon arrival home we foutnd an extra charge on our credit card when I called the hotel they told me this was tax because we booked through an outside agency. The place was nice but I think a could have spent the $200 a night on a full service hotel for a more relaxing stay.

• Liked — the cottage was spacious
  • Disliked — The high pressure 3 hour sales pitch!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!