“An Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“An Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in one of the cottages on an RCI exchange. Very nice two bedroom unit. It was clean and quite comfortable. The only draw back was the bedrooms were upstairs. I'm getting old enough that I don't much care for stairs. The outdoor pool right behind our unit was very nice. Everything we wanted in town was reasonably close.
The business center in the check-in center came in quite handy during our visit. Also the free faxing from the front desk was a blessing.
All the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. I'd gladly stay here again if going to Williamsburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We appreciate your choice to stay with us through your exchange! And, we thank you for sharing your comments. Shared experiences can certainly assist other Guests in making good choices as well. We encourage you to notify our staff (when booking future reservations) about your unit/stair “preferences”. Every effort will be made to accommodate you. Of course, special requests are dependent on availability. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities. And, we are also pleased to hear that our staff provided the great customer service all our Guests deserve!

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I spent the week here on an exchange. It is the best place I have stayed during my exchanges with Wholesale Escapes. The one bedroom unit is very clean with modern amenities. The jet tub is nice. Kitchen is small but adequate. Bedroom is spacious with flat screen TV and ceiling fan.

Fitness center needs better equipment but pool is large. Exercise classes would be nice.

Location is close to historic areas of Yorktown and Williamsburg.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Our exchange Guests are always welcomed at King’s Creek! We understand the options available to you and appreciate your choice to vacation with us. We look very forward to spending more time with you and your family in the future!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I owners of the Estates at Kings Creek (the newest area). We use our 1 Bedroom Timeshare every other year. This is the 3rd time we have stayed at our timeshare. Our unit was on the 2nd floor (we always request the 2nd floor). There are 2 flights of stairs to get up so if stairs are an issue, it would be best to be on the 1st floor. Even though these are fairly new timeshares, our unit had seen wear and tear. The carpet (especially the living room) was stained and dirty and some carpeting that was loose from the bracket at the bathroom. The walls are marked up terribly.
For the most part, the unit was clean. The kitchen offered all the necessities needed to do small level eating and cooking (dishes, glasses, cookware, pans, blender, toaster too). The other nice treat is that they provide dish soap, dishwasher soap, scouring pad and dish towels so that is less you need to pack. The one complaint I do have is that the shower curtain was dirty with blood so I immediately notified housekeeping and one was brought almost immediately which I truly appreciated. I, however, had to take the dirty one down and put up the new one. Not a problem doing it but no one from housekeeping offered to do it. Having a washer and dryer in the unit is so much appreciated (T.Y.)! The unit has a small balcony for 2 people which is nicely situated right outside the bedroom. Can honestly say, we didn’t hear our neighbors.
Of course we had our dreaded Timeshare Update. The bribe to get us to attend the update is we received $100 in Restaurant Gift Certificates that were helpful in paying our meals. We are on vacation so I don’t appreciate wasting my time (when we say no, don’t keep trying to talk us into paying more) and getting me aggravated when I am trying to vacation. Just be happy we are owners!
We are fairly satisfied with our ownership but feel the maintenance in these new Estates needs to step it up because we do pay those high maintenance fees. I would hope the Company would want to keep something new in a newer condition.
The Estates are a nice place to stay. It is way better staying here than in a small, crowded hotel room. A 1 Bedroom is just the right amount of space for 2 people.

Room Tip: Perfect Location. Close to Water Country (it's right next door). Target is next door also
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Kings Creek Plantation values your ownership with us and is appreciative for your feedback. Your shared experience allows us to address things in our resort. All of our units are placed on a refurbished schedule based on inventory availability. During this time our preventative maintenance team addresses any issues that may have happened during high occupancy times such as dirty carpet or paint touch up. Unfortunately, due to high occupancy during the summer months, maintenance is unable to immediately restore a damaged unit as quickly as we prefer. However, it is notated and addressed as soon as the unit is available.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was an exchange through RCI and definitely not the quality we expected. I exchanged a 2 bedroom unit at a 5 star resort on the beach in Mexico. For half our trading units, we got a 1 bedroom cottage. Some of our nasty surprises: no housekeeping unless we were willing to pay a $50 fee, stained and dated carpeting and couch, a dryer that takes 3 cycles to dry a load of clothes, no lock on the front door (unless you count the cobwebs,) a very old and creaky mattress, a thermostat that doesn't work properly (our unit was so cold that I switched it from A/C to heat and set off the smoke alarm,) no closet in the bedroom, no blackout curtains in the bedroom so we got to experience the tennis court lights all night, a musty and stale smell, walls so thin we could hear our neighbors every word. I'm not sure why they put us next to someone since the resort was mostly empty. The security guard barked at us when we checked in. They did try to get us to listen to their sales pitch but we declined. I did get a call from the concierge welcoming us on our 6th day there. Not sure if RCI did a bait and switch or Kings Creek misrepresented themselves to RCI. Either way, I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We have been in a successful relationship with RCI since we opened our Resort. Our rating/trading power, though it can fluctuate from time to time, is based on well-known and well-maintained standards that we take very serious. Your experience sounds like a rare and unfortunate exception for which we sincerely apologize. We highly recommend that our Guests make such serious issues known to our Front Desk staff immediately so that adjustments can be made. For specific clarity about the exchange policies of RCI, please consult them directly. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked a week at King's Creek through Interval International because we didn't get our first or second choice. We stayed in the Estates section of the resort and found our unit to be poorly maintained. The master bedroom headboard was missing from the bed revealing holes in the wall where one had once been. There were only two thin pillows on the bed as well. I alerted the front desk of the missing headboard and also requested more pillows. They did send more pillows to out unit, however, the person who delivered them entered our unit without knocking while my wife and I were attending the sales pitch and our children were there alone. They were frightened by this of course. The sales pitch was high pressure, wanting you to decide immediately, but we did get tickets to Busch Gardens. The best thing about Kings Creek was the location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We apologize that your stay with us did not meet our high standards of customer service and hospitality. It is a King’s Creek policy that all employees knock before entering a unit, we do apologize if one of our staff members did not adhere to this requirement. We are certainly going to look into the missing headboard, as it should not be missing. We truly appreciate this feedback, and we understand that you had other choices and you placed your trust in us as II members.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here for a timeshare presentation. This was the best accomodation I had ever styaed in for a timeshare presentation. Normally they put you in places that make your skin crawl. Not King's Creek. They pulled out all the stops. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage. Full amenties. It's a bit of drive to the heart of Williamsburg which is the Richmond Rd strip. (That's where Captain George's and the outlets are.) Took about 20 minutes to drive there every day. But it as nice to be off the beaten path. They even treat you to lunch during your timeshare presentation. Some kind of diner, but it was good. The tour guide guy was nice. Everything was really nice. If you want a quick getaway, go!

Room Tip: Plan your day well. Stay in the city and don't drive back and forth like we did. It's taxing...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience while vacationing with us at our Resort. It is always good to hear when our Guests are able to take advantage of our Resort Preview along with the perks (like lunch, etc.) that come with it. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are able to vacation with King’s Creek again soon!
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Think twice before you book or buy at Kings Creek. We stayed there for three nights, the units are so poorly constructed. During the night you could hear your neighbors walking and talking as though they were in your unit. In fact, one night I got up because I thought someone really was in the house downstairs. When toilets are flushed or someone is in the shower, there is so much noise from the water pipes in the walls that you cant even hear the tv in the bedrooms. No difference if you are sitting in the living room. So many little short cuts taken there are too many to mention.

I also bought this weekend from a show. I booked my weekend down there and when it came time for me to take my tour, I was turned down. I asked if I would be charged additional money because I was not allowed to tour and the front desk told me no. Guess what? Today I received a $300.00 charge on my credit card. I have been on the phone with them for over an hour now and they keep telling me they cannot do anything for me. Hopefully my credit card company can. STAY AWAY FROM KINGS CREEK!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
King’s Creek offers three different types of accommodations; Cottages, Townes, and Estates. They each have unique characteristics; from 1-4 bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs units, each offer an array of amenities, style lay-outs, etc. In any and all cases, “Guest satisfaction” is our main concern. We sincerely apologize if we failed to meet our goal in your case. Your shared experience will serve to make us better. There is a required $300 charge (in writing prior to the visit) associated with a Guest who accepts the terms of a “special preview tour package” and then fails to meet those terms. If there is an error in your case, we would like to address it immediately. Please contact our Reservations Supervisor directly at 1-877-557-3529. We would be happy to assist you in this matter. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business.

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!