“Loved the Resort and the Free Lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Orbitz.com Priceline.com
King's Creek Plantation Resort
191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved the Resort and the Free Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here for a timeshare presentation. This was the best accomodation I had ever styaed in for a timeshare presentation. Normally they put you in places that make your skin crawl. Not King's Creek. They pulled out all the stops. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage. Full amenties. It's a bit of drive to the heart of Williamsburg which is the Richmond Rd strip. (That's where Captain George's and the outlets are.) Took about 20 minutes to drive there every day. But it as nice to be off the beaten path. They even treat you to lunch during your timeshare presentation. Some kind of diner, but it was good. The tour guide guy was nice. Everything was really nice. If you want a quick getaway, go!

Room Tip: Plan your day well. Stay in the city and don't drive back and forth like we did. It's taxing...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience while vacationing with us at our Resort. It is always good to hear when our Guests are able to take advantage of our Resort Preview along with the perks (like lunch, etc.) that come with it. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are able to vacation with King’s Creek again soon!

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Think twice before you book or buy at Kings Creek. We stayed there for three nights, the units are so poorly constructed. During the night you could hear your neighbors walking and talking as though they were in your unit. In fact, one night I got up because I thought someone really was in the house downstairs. When toilets are flushed or someone is in the shower, there is so much noise from the water pipes in the walls that you cant even hear the tv in the bedrooms. No difference if you are sitting in the living room. So many little short cuts taken there are too many to mention.

I also bought this weekend from a show. I booked my weekend down there and when it came time for me to take my tour, I was turned down. I asked if I would be charged additional money because I was not allowed to tour and the front desk told me no. Guess what? Today I received a $300.00 charge on my credit card. I have been on the phone with them for over an hour now and they keep telling me they cannot do anything for me. Hopefully my credit card company can. STAY AWAY FROM KINGS CREEK!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
King’s Creek offers three different types of accommodations; Cottages, Townes, and Estates. They each have unique characteristics; from 1-4 bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs units, each offer an array of amenities, style lay-outs, etc. In any and all cases, “Guest satisfaction” is our main concern. We sincerely apologize if we failed to meet our goal in your case. Your shared experience will serve to make us better. There is a required $300 charge (in writing prior to the visit) associated with a Guest who accepts the terms of a “special preview tour package” and then fails to meet those terms. If there is an error in your case, we would like to address it immediately. Please contact our Reservations Supervisor directly at 1-877-557-3529. We would be happy to assist you in this matter. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this at a home show in KY. We were told that we would have a cottage and no neighbors. This was key to us as we have 3 young boys who are noisy. We are always asking them to be quiet so as not to disturb others. Not only did we not get a cottage, we ended up with a 2nd floor unit which was quite an inconvenience with our disabled 3 year old who is not able to walk up and down stairs unassisted. The place was clean. The time share tour was typical. At first they wouldn't let us take the contract to review. By the time we saw what a hassle it was to get it, we were over the place. That was sad because we were seriously considering it, but consider ourselves lucky to not deal with this place anymore.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up with a 2nd floor unit.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We always try to cater to our Guest’s special needs and requests. Most of our Cottages have stairs that would require you to climb to get to the bedrooms. We are very sorry that your accommodations did not suit your needs. King’s Creek encourages our Guests to speak to our Front Desk if they desire adjustments to their accommodations or have special needs. Though it is dependent on availability, we are always happy and willing to assist our Guests. We are hopeful of a second opportunity to have you stay with us while visiting our beautiful and historic city, Williamsburg, VA!
Oak Forest, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

RCI rated this property excellent. Disney and Marriott are excellent, this place is not. It was an old cottage which had been updated. It was clean. The kitchen was so small that I had a problem making coffee because of the limited space. Pools were not useable as too many unchapperoned children and young adults took them over. It is not close to anything but Water Country. It was quite a distance to find decent restaurants. Very disappointed in this exchange. Next time I will sell my Disney week and stay in a very upscale hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to have an excellent rating and we work hard to maintain it. Of course, we are always appreciative of feedback and regret that you did not find your accommodations enjoyable while staying with us. There are some great restaurants just minutes from King’s Creek Plantation such as Le Yaca French Restaurant (just 2.82 miles from the Resort), Doraldos Italian Restaurant (3.2 miles away), and Second Street American Bistro which is only 4.2 miles away from the Resort, just to name a few. During our peak season there can be an increased volume in our pools due to more Guests wanting to enjoy the amenities of our Resort. We recommend a second visit, perhaps in our Estates section, which is our newest addition.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Kings Creek Plantation is a rip off. They have false advertisement when they come to Federal Agencies to sale their property. Everyone doesn't have credit cards and pay cash for everything! Kings Creek charged me an additional $300 because they turned me down from taking a tour! I have credit because I own a home and a time share but I don't carry credit cards! They are the worst when it comes to customer service. Where I work having credit is a must! I will report this to my agency so they won't invite the representatives from Kings Creek again!

• Stayed August 2013
We make every effort to clarify the terms and requirements when the discounted packages are sold. We apologize if a package you bought was sold to you under terms and conditions that were unclear to you prior to your visit. The terms are in writing in your confirmation letter and reviewed again in the pre-visit confirmation phone call. We certainly welcome all of our Guests regardless of the payment method they would like to use. However, in our discounted packages that are associated with a preview of our Resort, there are stipulations that must be met. If a Guest comes to preview the Resort and does not meet the requirements, a $300 fee is assessed, which is also indicated in the confirmation letter sent prior to the visit.
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We bought a 3 night/4 day trip at the Delaware State Fair. I did book our trip at the last minute so I had to pay extra to stay in the larger estates than the cottage I originally paid for as they. We're sold out. The reservation center was pleasant but the offer changed every time i spoketo them and they insisted i had 3 children, when i am pretty sure i only have 2. The property was spacious which we enjoyed. I would say based on the age of the estates I would be concerned about long term upkeep and visiting again in the future. Although the unit was generally clean, the walls and baseboard clearly had not been washed down, maybe ever. The walls are very thin. I kept thinking my kids had gotten out of bed when it was actually the neighbors milling around.

As for the timeshare presentation, they definitely went well past the 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs we were promised when we bought the package. It is true that after you decline the high priced timeshare, they take you upstairs to try to sell you again. I know this sounds petty but if you say the presentation includes breakfast, and you want me to spend $25,000, you might want to offer more than powdered creamer and donuts.

We did enjoy the size of the unit, the shuffle board and indoor pool (3 hrs with no towels at pool though). We had a fun time as a family and the resort didn't make or break or trip. I would definitely visit williamsburg again and rent a timeshare, just not sure it would be this one

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate the time you spent with us and sincerely apologize if an extended Sale Preview interfered with precious family vacation time. Your time and the confidence you placed in King’s Creek is very valuable to us. We work very hard to maintain the upkeep of our accommodations and are always working on improvements to ensure all of our Guests enjoy their visit. Our goal was to enhance your vacation experiences. To that end, we will continue to work harder to accomplish that goal. Thank you for your feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had gotten a discounted package for a one bedroom cottage for $99. We were told it was very spacious, and there were no hidden fees. Once we got inside, we immediately took notice of how small and unlit the cottage was. There were dead bugs and spiderwebs everywhere, and the amount of mosquitos in the area was dreadfully high. When we went to the front office to complain, they said that they could not do anything or upgrade us to a better room and to call the company. When we called the company, we were told that we had to pay $300 for missing a mandatory tour. We had no idea whatsoever that this tour was mandatory, and the lady said it could not be rescheduled. Overall i was terribly unhappy with this place. I do not recommend reserving at this place. Absolutely horrible service and space.

• Stayed August 2013
We are sorry that you did not find your accommodations suitable for your needs. A great advantage of purchasing a discounted promotion (that is associated with an opportunity to purchase with the Resort) is the opportunity to experience 4 days and 3 nights for $99 plus you are gifted after your presentation (if you attend). While it is true, our 1 Bedroom Cottage- Suite has the least square footage of all our accommodations, many of our Guests prefer it because of the “total” value.

During the process of confirming your package, representatives are required and make every effort to make clearly known what the qualifications are (including attending the Sales Preview) as required by the Resort. We reiterate this requirement on 3 different occasions prior to your visit (email package confirmation, the reservation confirmation letter, and a confirmation call from one of our representatives). We apologize if our high standards of customer service were not reached during your stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we would welcome another opportunity to have you as our Guest!

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!