“Most horrible customer service” 2 of 5 stars

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Priceline.com
King's Creek Plantation Resort
191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
“Most horrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had gotten a discounted package for a one bedroom cottage for $99. We were told it was very spacious, and there were no hidden fees. Once we got inside, we immediately took notice of how small and unlit the cottage was. There were dead bugs and spiderwebs everywhere, and the amount of mosquitos in the area was dreadfully high. When we went to the front office to complain, they said that they could not do anything or upgrade us to a better room and to call the company. When we called the company, we were told that we had to pay $300 for missing a mandatory tour. We had no idea whatsoever that this tour was mandatory, and the lady said it could not be rescheduled. Overall i was terribly unhappy with this place. I do not recommend reserving at this place. Absolutely horrible service and space.

• Stayed August 2013
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are sorry that you did not find your accommodations suitable for your needs. A great advantage of purchasing a discounted promotion (that is associated with an opportunity to purchase with the Resort) is the opportunity to experience 4 days and 3 nights for $99 plus you are gifted after your presentation (if you attend). While it is true, our 1 Bedroom Cottage- Suite has the least square footage of all our accommodations, many of our Guests prefer it because of the “total” value.

During the process of confirming your package, representatives are required and make every effort to make clearly known what the qualifications are (including attending the Sales Preview) as required by the Resort. We reiterate this requirement on 3 different occasions prior to your visit (email package confirmation, the reservation confirmation letter, and a confirmation call from one of our representatives). We apologize if our high standards of customer service were not reached during your stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we would welcome another opportunity to have you as our Guest!

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at King's Creek in a Cottage (2-story villa) through an Interval International exchange, a total of four adults and two small children. The villa itself was spacious inside with separate kitchen and dining (table for six) and two master bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. We found the unit and grounds clean and attractive. The location couldn't be better -- right off of I-64 (exit 242 B) and next door to Water Country. The drive to Busch Gardens was only about ten minutes and the drive to Yorktown via the Colonial Parkway (which was two minutes away) only took fifteen minutes. All-in-all, we were extremely satisfied with our stay as the total experience was better than expected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while vacationing in Williamsburg. King’s Creek does boast and benefit from a very convenient location. More important though is when our Guests take full advantage of that to enjoy other area attractions. Thanks for sharing!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family of 4 purchased a 3 night package and stayed in one of the Cottages. We were required to attend a "sales preview" in order to get 4 Water Country USA tickets. First I will review the resort and then the sales preview.

The resort itself was actually nicer than I had expected. The cottage that we stayed in was very clean and quite a bit nicer than some of the condos we have stayed in down in Orlando. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen and living rooms were very spacious. They provide plenty of toilet paper, garbage bags, soap, etc. They even provided paper towels! Nice flat screen tv's and dvd players in all of the rooms. It was very quiet, which was very nice. So I would actually give the cottage 5 stars.

The resort itself has some good and bad's -- the gym is actually very good for such a small resort. The only problem is that the gym isn't open early, so if you are like me and want to get your workout in at 6 a.m., you are out of luck. There are only 2 medium size pools though, and only one hot tub. The game room was a bit of a junky joke -- not very many games and it was really in a run-down room. We didn't use the DVD rental system so I am not sure how that works. Even though there is a "guard house" when you first come into the resort, there is no guard on duty so anyone could come and go if they wanted to. There are also no sidewalks around the resort, so if you want to walk up to the main pool or gym, you have to walk in the street. I like to go out and jog and there are no jogging trails nearby, you just have to run several laps around the resort. So I give the resort itself 3 stars. If they improved their game room, added another nice pool w/hot tub, and added a jogging trail and side walks, I would give it 4 stars.

Now, the "sales preview"... I had read some horrible reviews prior to going so I expected the worst. We were told that we could call no earlier than 10 days prior to our arrival to schedule the sales preview. They offer them 3 times a day -- at 8:30, 11:30, and 1:30. Well, we got told they only available time was the 1:30 one, which really sucked because it is right in the middle of the day and you pretty much lose that entire day (can't go to any parks, etc.). We did, however, ask once we checked-in if we could get into the 0830 one and were told we had to call a reservation number to change our appt. I called the number and the lady was actually quite helpful and rescheduled our preview to the last day we were there at 0830. She even gave us our Water Park tickets early so we could used them.

We showed up at 0830 for our preview and got assigned to a salesperson (each couple gets assigned to their own salesperson). They had coffee, tea, water and donuts. Our salesperson was very nice, asked a lot of questions, and talked, and talked, and talked. We were there almost 3 hours! She spent a considerable amount of time building rapport and telling us stories of her vacations and how it is so awesome to have those experiences. She spent more time doing this than talking about the actual timeshare specifics. They then show you the rentals, and quote an outrageous price (starts at $49K). They then give you 4-5 other options, going down in price. They were not overly pushy or rude, just persistent though. When they keep going down in price, you are actually not getting a better deal because they keep slashing the points down with the price. Either way, we declined and finally left after almost 3 hours. If I ever do this again, I would say upfront that we are only staying the required 90 minutes and that if they haven't convinced us by then, we are leaving. 3 hours is ridiculous...

Room Tip: The cottages were great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and the thorough candid review of “all aspects” of your visit. King’s Creek does have Security Personnel on the property at all times, even when you do not see them at the front gate. Starting in 2014, the front gate will be manned 24 hours every day! Your comments about the Sales Preview were very helpful as well. The satisfaction of all of our Guest and Owners is our priority. Balanced feedback such as this will certainly help us to improve. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Johnston, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We purchased a 4 night package to stay at the Cottages at Kings Creek Plantaion at the Boston Golf Show. We extended our stay for a fifth night. We stayed from 7/29-8/3/2013. Although the property is beautiful it lacks some major amenities like no onsite restaurants, pool bars or shuttle transportation to local attractions. The room was dirty with stains on the carpet - very out dated. The cottage we had was comfortable for a family of 2. However, they say it sleeps four; which would be very crowded. It is equipped for cooking. We were given 4 sets of towels for the week. When we asked for more towels we were told it would cost $2.50/day/person. you are requird to clean your room prior to check out. It is right next door to Water Country USA and 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. We were required to attend a "orientation" for up to 90 minutes. our scheduled "orientation" was at 11:30 a.m. We were greeted by our salesperson at 12:00 pm. We were then kept in a sales area for another 2 hours. It was an absoloute pressure cooker of BUY NOW. We politely said we needed to think about a $15,000 investment in a timeshare and then our salesperson called in the "sales manager" and together they started lowering the price. I was getting mad because we have now been there over 3 hours and I finally told him there was no way at any price I was buying a timeshare today.They used every tactic in the book to try and get me to buy on the spot. After our presentation with the "sharks" we were escorted upstairs to get our Busch Garden tickets we were promised. Then another "shark" met us and tried to lower the price even more. If you decide to go here keep in mind you will be there for 3-4 hours of high pressure badgering and even insulting comments from your salesperson. When we finally got the Busch Garden tickets - it was only for one person. I saw many ticked off couples talking with other salespeople and they seemed to be going through the same high pressure presentation as we did. I will y go back to Williamsburg. However, I will stay in a hotel that offers amenities along with towels and linen at no extra cost and I wont have to put up with this kind of treatment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
King’s Creek Plantation apologizes that your experience was less than satisfactory with us. Your time is very precious to us and we regret that the required Sales Presentation exceeded the 90-120 minute time frame. We desire that all of our Guests receive the service and enjoyment we endeavor to offer and which they deserve. If we miss the mark, it concerns us and I can assure you not taken lightly. One of the biggest advantages of our Golf Show package is the great value of 4 days/3 nights accommodation, plus 2 Busch Gardens tickets in a 1-Bedroom Suite (includes a kitchen) for a very discounted rate. That particular unit style does have the least square footage of any of the other accommodations on property. Many request it for the “value” of being at King’s Creek. We appreciate your feedback and are hopeful of another opportunity to serve you.
Monessen, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We traded one of our Marriott Vacation Clubs to Kings Creek. The Townes are not nearly as nice as the Marriotts but the location is fabulous if you are going to Busch Garden or WaterCountry USA. While there we toured the new estates and I must say they are much nicer that the townes. The cottages seemed to be nicer as well. We stayed right by the pool, which I thought was going to be nice, but as most places are not near the pool all the other guests drove to the pool and used the parking spaces for those staying near the pool. This was a real pain when coming back from the park or with groceries from the store. I would absolutely suggest Kings Creek but if going try and stay at either the estates or thecottages as they are separate units while the townes are more like townhomes with people on both sides and above.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We appreciate our Exchange Guests giving our Resort an opportunity to present an enjoyable vacation. Many of our guests do prefer to have free standing units (our Cottages and Estates). We hope that you are able to come and visit us again soon!
Rochester, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We purchased a 4 night package to stay at the Cottages at Kings Creek Plantaion at the Detroit Golf Show. I upgraded to 6 nights and booked our stay for June 2013. I must say the property is beautiful but lacks some major amenities like no onsite restaurants, pool bars or shuttle transportation to local attractions. The cottage we had was comfortable for a family of 5 and was well equipped for cooking. It is right next door to Water Country USA and 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. My wife and I were required to attend a "orientation" for up to 90 minutes. Here's how the orientation went: We were greeted by our salesperson at 8:30 am and he escorted us in his vehicle to a local diner and bought us breakfast ( he asked me to leave the tip). He then drove us around Williamsburg for a while and back to the property for a look at the different models. He then kept us in a sales area for another 2 hours. It was an absoloute pressure cooker of BUY NOW. We politely told him we needed to think about a $20,000 investment in a timeshare and he started lowering the price. I was getting mad because we have now been there over 3 hours and I finally told him there was no way at any price I was buying a timeshare today.He used every tactic in the book to try and get me to buy on the spot. After our presentation with the "shark" we were turned over to a nice elderly gentleman who tried to lower the price even more and told me to call him if I was interested. If you decide to go here keep in mind you will not be there for the stated 60 to 90 minutes, plan on 3 1/2 hours of high pressure badgering and even insulting comments from your salesperson. They pretty much ruined the vacation for us and I wont plan on going there again. Also, its almost impossible to catch a low airfare from Detroit to this area but, we drove it in 11 hours. I am refraining from using the salespersons name as it wouldn't do any good to post it here. I saw many other ticked off couples talking with other salespeople and they seemed to be going through the same high pressure presentation as we were. I will probably go back to Williamsburg but, I will look for a villa to rent that I wont have to put up with this kind of treatment. Do not go to this resort..........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We apologize that your Sales Preview of our Resort was too long and somewhat stressful. It certainly does not represent the typical experience at King’s Creek. We strive to deliver both excellent customer service and a fun “no- obligation” environment for our Guests who are exploring the options to become Owners at King’s Creek. We appreciate your time as we know how precious it is. In addition, we will certainly inquire further about your sales experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have stayed here two different time. The one time we stayed in the 2 bedroom(townes) and the second time we stayed in a 1 bedroom(cottage.) The townes was very nice, it has a nice size kitchen, living room, dining room and each bedroom had it's own bathroom. The one bedroom cottage has a very small kitchen, but it was only meant for 2 adults and maybe 2 small children. The larger cottages are very nice, with at least 3 bedrooms and at least 2 1/2 baths. It is right next to water country and only 1 exit away from Busch Gardens. Williamsburg is also between 5-10 minutes away. They have a lot of activities there and they have indoor and outdoor pools. It is a great place to go with your family. They also have gas grills outside your building if we want to cook out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful recommendation and for choosing to spend your family vacation with King’s Creek Plantation as a ”memorable backdrop”. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!