“Beautiful Property, Beautiful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Bowie, Maryland
“Beautiful Property, Beautiful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently returned from a stay at this beautiful property. We had a two bed, two bath unit with a full kitchen and washer and dryer. There was plenty of space for everything, and everyone. Our unit was spacious and well appointed. Even though the weather didn't cooperate for a couple of days, that was fine. We just hunkered down by the fireplace and enjoyed a good book. Everyone we encountered whether it was on the property or out and about, was nice, pleasant and very helpful.

This property is centrally located to the sights, shopping and Historic Williamsburg. Nothing seemed to be more than a half hour away. Williamsburg is only 10 minutes from the property. This was a much needed and very relaxing vacation. I look forward to going back in the future.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
There is nothing like a good book on a rainy day while sharing a cozy Resort with family and friends. We hope you are able to come back and visit us again when the weather is much better. See you soon!

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

No complaints at all. i booked the cottage and was upgraded to the Estates. We had a 1 bedroom upstairs unit. It took some getting used to the stairs, and we were surprised to open the front door only to be met by a staircase, bur once we made it upstairs it was lovely. Everything brand new. Large flatscreens, stainless steel appliances, clean carpet (it looked freshly steamed cleaned). The bedroom was huge (I let mom have it), the shower was roomy, and i loved the washer dryer in the cabin. The leather sofa bed in the living room was very comfy. It felt just like home. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was being haggled to buy a timeshare and there were no EV charging stations to charge my Chevy Volt so I had to run the car off of gas the entire stay. I would stay again and rent an entire villa for a family stay. The entire triangle area was very lovely and relaxing. We stayed 10-17 May 2013. Nice weather, hardly any kids. Great vacation!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed yourself with us during a beautiful time in Williamsburg! Thank you for the unique and helpful recommendation of adding the “EV charging station”. We always want to hear what we can consider in order to improve the services we provide to our Guests.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed in this resort for three nights during Easter time this year. From the start, I was not impressed with the staff. I seemed to be bothering them each time that I asked a question. Sometimes, they were even rude to me. This is not the standard that I am familiar with at "resorts." The condo itself was large and roomy. Yes, there was a hole in the wall and other minor things. Overall, I liked the condo. This was not a "gold rated" property as they stated. I've stayed in gold and this falls well below. The pool and the fitness center were simply okay. No real food opportunities on the resort except a BBQ trailer. When we visited a time share presentation, that's when we were left with a very bitter taste in our mouth.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your satisfaction or our usual high standards. We fully expect that in the rare case where accommodations are not suitable, our Guests will immediately let the Front Desk know so that adjustments can be made. Our Guest Services Staff is there to make your visit with us as perfect as possible. That includes handling any requests with patience and pleasantness. King’s Creek’s standard is to always provide superior customer service. We truly apologize if the service you received fell short of that. We appreciate your feedback and are hopeful of another opportunity to host you and exceed your highest expectations!
Paradise, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We exchanged our unit that we own in Colorado for this one and were very happy here. We had an upper 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit at the very end of the complex and it was enormous. There was even an extra room with sofa and TV next to the bedroom. For a family, this would be excellent. There was a very large, rectangular dining table and a passthrough "window" to the well appointed kitchen. Our corner unit looked out onto nothing but trees and it was completely quiet -- no street noise, no people noise, nothing. It was really wonderful.

Everything was clean and we had everything we needed. I really wanted to give this resort an excellent rating but I didn't want to mislead anyone. We were pretty sure, in advance, that we would get an older unit that needs an overhaul. And this was the case. Yes, it was very dated (1990s?) and the furniture and decoration is in need of updating but it was still fine for our use. We cooked our breakfasts there and then came home for dessert. We weren't in the unit long and the master bathroom had a huge tub (that we didn't use because we aren't tub people) and was very large and accommodating. We know that condos undergo renovations and since this wasn't our home resort, we were ok with this.

We loved that we had a washer/dryer in our unit. We also loved that we were only 10 minutes away from Colonial Williamsburg. Be sure to bring your GPS for your vehicle with you; Colonial Williamsburg can be very, very confusing if you venture out much in search of groceries or dinner. For us, it was a grand adventure.

We did not use any of the facilities (pools, etc.) so can't speak to that. The grounds are really lovely and many in the unit opposite ours were grilling their dinners out on the 2 grills in front.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pahrump, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our apt was very roomy. We had a one bedroom with a living room and kitchen. It is nice to have a place to keep food to cut down on the restaurant expences. The resort has an indoor pool, social and arts and crafts activities, and great staff that can give you all the info you need about williamsburg. They are very friendly and were responsive to our needs. I loved the place but the dishwasher is noisy, the washing machine is noisy (both located inside the apartment) The sofa is uncomfortable to sit on but the bed is terrific. So, I would stay again but suggest to the place to update things a bit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in individual town homes.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to provide amenities and activities on site for all ages to enjoy, but if you find that any of your accommodations are not suitable to your needs please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk so we may address your requests. We look forward to future visits, and hope that you choose to stay again with us sometime!
Fulton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I did a stay stay exchange thru Interval International for 4 days. A few days prior to my arrival, I was called by someone wanting to know my plans for my stay so they could get together a welcome package customized for me. Upon arrival, the check in process was quick. I was then directed to another desk to get my parking pass and welcome package. there was only one person at the desk (trying to get people to sign up for the timeshare presentation), so there was a wait for this. Once it was finally my turn, my parking pass was not done and I was just given a generic welcome package. So why the call prior to my arrival?

I stayed in the 1 bedroom studio cottages. The cottage was clean but somewhat dated. The bathroom was large but the kitchen/living/dining area was tiny. It is suppose to sleep 4 but only if 2 of those 4 are tiny kids would this be comfortable. The bedroom was roomy and bed comfortable. there was no closet in the bedroom but there was a dresser. The TV in the bedroom was no HDTV. The TV in the living space was a 20 inch and awkwardly placed above the fridge. This made watching TV interesting.

The grounds were nice. I liked the indoor pool/aquatic area. It is convenient to many attractions especially Busch Gardens.

I did sign up for the timeshare presentation. It was suppose to start at 9. When I got there prior to 9, there were a number of people waiting and no place to sit. It took time for the sales rep to come. It was a typical presentation. We toured the estate home. This was very nice and updated. I had already explained to the sales rep that I would not need a 4 bedroom and would prefer 1 or 2 bedroom. Once we got back to the sales center, he promptly presented the 4 bedroom property and that was all that was available. Needless to say I was not agreeable to this. He then went to get his manager who said that an lady had just traded in her cottage that he could sell me. I am like "really, this cottage just magically appeared. " By this time, I was really turned off. I stated I was not interested. I was then set upstairs to get my gift and had to speak with another lady who promptly dropped the price quoted to into half. After I still refused, she dropped again the price to a third of the original. If they had quoted that price initially I would have considered.

Overall the place was nice. If I would go back, I would stay in the estates.

Room Tip: Stay in the estates
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your trust and business that you placed in us as a travel exchanger. We do recommend the Estates as an alternative if you are looking for a more luxurious stay. We thank you for your time to explore your opportunities with us at King’s Creek Plantation. Our sales rep was correct about the limited inventory we have available for purchase. Additionally, our inventory can change daily based on our current owner’s decisions to upgrade. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you travel with us again soon!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at a 3 bedroom cottage unit for 6 days, it was nothing fancy, a bit dated, beds were comfortable, location was good, very close to Busch Gardens & Water Country. The staffs are friendly & basically no complains. If I were to go back, I'd stay at the Estates only.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
The Estates await your next visit! They are our newest and most luxurious accommodations. The Estates boast granite counter tops, leather furnishings, Jacuzzi tubs and so much more. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!