“Very nice but needs updating” 4 of 5 stars

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Pahrump, Nevada
“Very nice but needs updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our apt was very roomy. We had a one bedroom with a living room and kitchen. It is nice to have a place to keep food to cut down on the restaurant expences. The resort has an indoor pool, social and arts and crafts activities, and great staff that can give you all the info you need about williamsburg. They are very friendly and were responsive to our needs. I loved the place but the dishwasher is noisy, the washing machine is noisy (both located inside the apartment) The sofa is uncomfortable to sit on but the bed is terrific. So, I would stay again but suggest to the place to update things a bit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in individual town homes.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to provide amenities and activities on site for all ages to enjoy, but if you find that any of your accommodations are not suitable to your needs please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk so we may address your requests. We look forward to future visits, and hope that you choose to stay again with us sometime!

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fulton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I did a stay stay exchange thru Interval International for 4 days. A few days prior to my arrival, I was called by someone wanting to know my plans for my stay so they could get together a welcome package customized for me. Upon arrival, the check in process was quick. I was then directed to another desk to get my parking pass and welcome package. there was only one person at the desk (trying to get people to sign up for the timeshare presentation), so there was a wait for this. Once it was finally my turn, my parking pass was not done and I was just given a generic welcome package. So why the call prior to my arrival?

I stayed in the 1 bedroom studio cottages. The cottage was clean but somewhat dated. The bathroom was large but the kitchen/living/dining area was tiny. It is suppose to sleep 4 but only if 2 of those 4 are tiny kids would this be comfortable. The bedroom was roomy and bed comfortable. there was no closet in the bedroom but there was a dresser. The TV in the bedroom was no HDTV. The TV in the living space was a 20 inch and awkwardly placed above the fridge. This made watching TV interesting.

The grounds were nice. I liked the indoor pool/aquatic area. It is convenient to many attractions especially Busch Gardens.

I did sign up for the timeshare presentation. It was suppose to start at 9. When I got there prior to 9, there were a number of people waiting and no place to sit. It took time for the sales rep to come. It was a typical presentation. We toured the estate home. This was very nice and updated. I had already explained to the sales rep that I would not need a 4 bedroom and would prefer 1 or 2 bedroom. Once we got back to the sales center, he promptly presented the 4 bedroom property and that was all that was available. Needless to say I was not agreeable to this. He then went to get his manager who said that an lady had just traded in her cottage that he could sell me. I am like "really, this cottage just magically appeared. " By this time, I was really turned off. I stated I was not interested. I was then set upstairs to get my gift and had to speak with another lady who promptly dropped the price quoted to into half. After I still refused, she dropped again the price to a third of the original. If they had quoted that price initially I would have considered.

Overall the place was nice. If I would go back, I would stay in the estates.

Room Tip: Stay in the estates
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your trust and business that you placed in us as a travel exchanger. We do recommend the Estates as an alternative if you are looking for a more luxurious stay. We thank you for your time to explore your opportunities with us at King’s Creek Plantation. Our sales rep was correct about the limited inventory we have available for purchase. Additionally, our inventory can change daily based on our current owner’s decisions to upgrade. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you travel with us again soon!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at a 3 bedroom cottage unit for 6 days, it was nothing fancy, a bit dated, beds were comfortable, location was good, very close to Busch Gardens & Water Country. The staffs are friendly & basically no complains. If I were to go back, I'd stay at the Estates only.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
The Estates await your next visit! They are our newest and most luxurious accommodations. The Estates boast granite counter tops, leather furnishings, Jacuzzi tubs and so much more. We hope to see you again soon!
Bolivia, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our expectations of the resort were met by a very pleasant two bedroom unit in the "townhouse" area. Clean rooms and comfortable seating in living area as well as an adjoining tv/sitting room. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and dining ware and the dining table sat six. We were scheduled for a Friday timeshare presentation, but arrived Wednesday and were issued our gift tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and our golf vouchers early with our agreement that we would attend the presentation. My wife and I anticipated buying in at the resort for a share with a moderate package even before we arrived. The resort fulfilled all their promises in regard to the tickets and golf and we thoroughly enjoyed that part of the visit.
Arriving for our presentation, we were met immediately by our sales agent.We established a rapport while viewing pictures of the entire property and verified we were happy with the resort. The opportunity to use the "extra four weeks" time in the ICE resort system was explained and we enjoyed the smartboard presentation showing exchange properties. However the typical timeshare entrapment had begun. Signs in the resort had SOLD OUT signs on the Townhouse and Cottage properties with only the high end Estates supposedly available. For the entire first hour we were told there were no properties in both those areas available even though we were staying in the Townhouses and many other prospective buyers were also there. We were then escorted to the Estates homes and shown the entire house with penthouse facilities as well and constantly asked if we were interested in the entire Estate home at the highest premium price. The push had begun! Upon arriving back at the sales center, a second higher level sales rep was called over and again we were told of the advantages of the highest package, but when we did not show interest, we were "magically" told an older lady had just asked to trade up from the lower and mid-range property which would make a two bedroom townhome available. AMAZING!
Feeling as if we were treated as morons or simply another of the hundreds of potential clients I felt the typical timeshare sting once again. The offer sheet was removed immediately and the second agent rudely pointed out the offer was today only, so we said thank-you and offered a handshake which was typically ignored. They lost a definite sale and referrals at that moment.

Room Tip: If the cottages are available, upgrade to this level.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the accommodations here at King’s Creek Plantation. We are very sorry you felt that the resort presentation was less than credible. Due to the success of the sales team, the inventory at our Resort is indeed in short supply. We are currently expanding to meet the ever growing demands of our current Owners as well as new Guests. Your comments are appreciated and will serve to make us better. We hope you will visit us again.
The Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are long time time share traders with RCI. It seems their standards are slipping. I don't know which part of this property we stayed in.We had a one bedroom in a small cottage with 2 other units, one upstairs and another downstairs that could be connected. The best thing they could do would be to insulate the water pipes and between floors. The noise level is ridiculous. The unit above us used the jacuzzi at midnight and it sounded like it was in our unit.
We came to see Williamsburg so we weren't here much. We had a small deck that overlooked the dumpsters and what appears to be new units being built. If you buy here, the construction appears poor and I wonder how long they will last. We have points but they won't allow less than a week so we had to book 7 days when we planned to be here 4 nights

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We apologize that your unit did not meet your expectations. Our one-bedroom cottage has less square footage than any of our other accommodations. Our Cottages are a 2-1, which means there is a two bedroom unit connected (or locked off) to a one bedroom unit which can also be opened up to be a three bedroom unit. There are times when the one-bedroom side of a 2-1 can be affected by the guests staying in the attached unit(s). Please let our Front Desk know in the future so that we can quickly make adjustments as needed. We can assure you that King’s Creek has one of the most respected and conscientious Developers in the Greater Peninsula area. Please keep in mind, that we are building more Estates units which are our newest section, as well as always upgrading our Cottages and Townes units. Our Executive Management Team and Board take your feedback very seriously and it always serves to make us even better.To hear more about our Points Program, please contact one of our Knowledge Specialists in Owner Services at 1-866-228-6796. We would be happy to explain your many options for usage.
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This resort is part of our timeshare, so we decided to stay for a long weekend and also visit Busch Gardens' Christmas Town. The rooms are comfortable but nothing luxurious, but the location is great and the exterior is pretty nice too. There is the option of BBQ on premise for food and Water Country is right next door, if you visit during the summer months. We couldn't use the pool or go to Water Country because we went in December 2012.

All in all, the resort was fine for what we needed to do and we would stay again because there were no issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are so happy that you had the opportunity to experience beautiful Christmas Town in Busch Gardens. We are only minutes away from Water Country and Busch Gardens. If you are looking for a luxurious accommodation we recommend you stay with us in our newest units, The Estates. We hope you are able to come back during the summer to enjoy all of the amenities available on and off the resort including Water Country USA.
CARY, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that My wife and I went over Easter break. The property is located right next to Water county USA. It is only one of eight time share properties in the Williamsburg area. we stayed in a Cottage very reasonably thanks to getawaydealz.com. If you go to their 90 minute timeshare presentation you can stay for 3 nights very cheaply. You can also purchase additional days for a fee. The cottages are cute but can use some updating. The kitchenette is small and has almost no counter space. All was clean though. Toaster and fridge worked well. Mattress was horrible and we had to ask the property for extra pillows. The TV,s in both the living room area were small and were off brand with bad picture but we did not go there to watch TV. Most annoying was the shower. It was very small and the curtain likes to blow inwards and stick to you. Each cottage had 2 apartments in it with a common entrance. The grounds looked well kept and they will be making a main street with shopping and restaurants soon. Until then they have a BBQ "wagon" set up by the playground. We did not visit. The indoor pool was the main reason I choose this property. Since the weather was cool,the big indoor pool caught our eye. When we arrived, we were told the pool was closed for technical reasons and would reopen the next day. So we went the next day, it was crowed as I expected. However, l did not expect it to be quite so cold. On our last day we were also told the pool was again closed for technical reasons. For a cheap stay and a clean room this is the place. Possibly you will not be able to go into the pool. The cottages for me was OK. I probably would prefer stating in their beautiful 2 bedroom townhouses that we were shown during their timeshare presentation. It is conveniently located to Busch gardens 1 exit. There is a target,best buy,kohls,jcpennys really close. They could use some restaurants closer. colonial Williamsburg is about 15 minutes as well. You also get a small deck with 2 chairs and a table.

Room Tip: We stayed at 102B
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We sincerely apologize that your first visit with us was not as enjoyable as I’m sure you would have liked and certainly not as much as we know it can and should be. May we recommend that you try our 2 Bedroom Cottage or Townes unit for your future visit? Many of our guests prefer the extra room and spacious design of those units. If you ever have an experience that does not meet your expectations (or our standards) such as an uncomfortable mattress or any other accommodation, please let our Front Desk know. We welcome and expect the opportunity to replace it and/or make it better for you. We regret that due to an incident with another guest, the Pool was inaccessible during part of your stay with us. We are happy to say that our Indoor Pool is maintained daily. (This includes both equipment and chemical levels.) Please be assured that your satisfaction is our first priority! Also, for you future consideration, there are some great restaurants just minutes from King’s Creek Resort. For example, there is The Whaling Company (an all time favorite), Second Street (great burgers and salads), Sportsman’s Bar and Grill, La Yaca (exquisite French cuisine), Doraldos (Italian delight) and Wine and Cheese Shop (for sandwiches and a good wine selection)…just to name a few. We hope you visit us again soon and we appreciate your feedback!

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!