“Beware of Bait and Switch” 1 of 5 stars

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Beware of Bait and Switch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family vacation began with me purchasing a 4 night- 5 day stay vacation package at Kings Creek Resort at a travel show in Chicago Illinois in 2011. I was promised the following:
1) A 4 bed room home with 4 bathrooms and 3 jacuzzi tubs
2) 4 tickets to Colonial Williamsburg
3) 4 tickets to Bucsh Gardens
in exchange for participating in a 1 hour and 30 minute time-share sales presentation.

What I received was:
1) a two bed room room that is clean and comfortable but not for 6 people. While there is a couch bed that is supposed to accommodate two of the six people, It is very uncomfortable.
2) four tickets to Colonial Williamsburg
3) Almost a three hour presentation with one of the hours over "lunch," with my sales agent.

When I asked about the Busch Garden's tickets, I was told that they are not permitted to give out that many "gifts."

When I asked about the larger home, I was told that they were already booked and could not accommodate me.

I was offered a 4 bed room home, if I was willing to purchase it at that moment- for $46,000+. When I said no, I was then offered less space and less time in the space for $8900 and then $4900 with my final "no thank you."

The lack of follow through with honoring it's promises is just one of the frustrations with this "resort." Further, it is not a resort. There are very few activities outside of the room. They do claim to have a selection of movies to borrow but when I tried, there were none available. The pool was so chlorinated that it burnt my eyes to be in the room, much less the actual pool. Finally, three of the machines that I tried to use in the fitness room were broken.

The other posts which claim poor sound proofing are accurate and frustrating as it was difficult to sleep due to the noise.

At this point, my family vacation has been marked with one disappointment after another. I sincerely hope that people reading these reviews will take all of the poor reviews to heart and avoid this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Your complete satisfaction is our goal every day. We are very sorry if we missed the mark of our high standards of quality in your case. Please allow us an opportunity to discuss the details of your recent stay and what we can do to make your next visit perfectly memorable. We strongly encourage that you contact our Rental Department at 877.557.3529 to discuss your experience with us.

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Time share scam stay away! Worst experience ever. High pressure sales nice at first then once he figured out we were not going to buy he was so rude! Unit was dirty, cracked tiles, walls, dated decor. Power outage day two and all they did was give us flash lights and no information. We will never return to this resort again!

• Stayed March 2013
We apologize that your preview at King’s Creek was not an enjoyable experience. The treatment of our guests is one of our number one priorities and we do not settle for anything less than excellent service. Please accept our sincere apologies and allow us to alleviate your frustration by contacting us directly at 877.557.3529.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Kings Creek was a nice experience for us. The cottage we stayed in was very clean and nicely decorated. The people at the front desk were wonderful and very helpful to us as we had never been to this area before. It was just my husband and I and we really liked the overall feel of the place. The amenities were good, the indoor pool is a good size and the outside pool looked good but it was March and we are not that brave. They have a nice little store and sitting area in the main front desk area. Over all, it was one of the more pleasant parts of our trip. We did sit through a "90 minute - time share" type meeting" which was required if we were to stay for 3 days for $150. They arrange the time that you will have to sit through it. Steven was our host for this and a very nice man but we were just not up to paying into something that would tie us down for years. It all sounded great but in the end we declined because we are not ready to commit that that kind of money yearly. He did make it sound very interesting though and maybe someday we will do something like this when we retire. Thank you King's Creek for a very nice stay overall. Your price certainly made a difference to us!

Room Tip: The one bedroom cottages are nice and more than big enough for a couple. The floors are abit squeak...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself at our resort! We understand that you were not ready to commit to ownership with us at this time. We hope you come back to visit with us again during the summer months so you can also enjoy our outdoor pools!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Would not be flexible with accommodations - would look elsewhere for vacation destination. Was hoping for nice golftrip - will NEVER consider Kings Creek again. If you are looking for a golf destination look elsewhere - cant really comment on any of the other offerings.

• Stayed February 2013
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We apologize your trip did not satisfy your needs. We do value your feedback very highly, and would love the opportunity to discuss your situation further to potentially create a positive vacation experience for you. Please contact us at 877-557-3529 so we may better serve you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Place was very spacious and clean. We got a 3bdr cottage unit, the only bad thing was the stairs to go up to the front door because we have small children but other than that there was nothing wrong with it. It had a very large water heater, everyone could take a shower at the same time and we didn't run out of hot water (...and we take long showers). We went for the last week of dec., it didn't snow but it was very cold and rainy. Great location, we went downtown and watched the fireworks from a restaurant on George St. on New Year's Eve. Very educational all around. I think it would be better to go in the spring/summer because there's a lot of outdoor things to do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We might recommend that you request our Chesapeake Cottages on your next visit, the twin bedrooms are upstairs for the children across the hall from the master bedroom. The Spring and Summer do offer some different amenities and we always suggest you vacation during various seasons to see which are the most appealing for you and your family.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed during Hurricane Irene. Resort should of been closed No electricity for 3 days. Stayed opened even though they could not provide decent accommodations. Refused to give any compensation. With all the money they saved on electric, etc. they could have offered a free or discounted stay for future use. With that said, the place seemed to be a nice place, Good location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
King’s Creek Plantation understands your frustration during that time. In times of inclement weather we try our best to accommodate our guests. Hurricane Irene of 2012, came with severe damage. We had guests who had already arrived and could not leave the resort, therefore we did not want to close and leave our guests. As a result from the debris and storm we had no control over the excess amount of power outages in Williamsburg, we were left to accommodate to the best of our abilities. However, since Hurricane Irene we have implemented immediate warning and notification alerts for our guests arriving during times of inclement weather. We continue to keep our guests notified as the weather approaches, arrives, and departs. Thank you for your feedback, we were able to build a high functioning alert system because of comments like yours and others.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in the Cottages area of Kings Creek. I loved this resort. Everything was perfect, so perfect I maybe going back in March, 2013. The condo was very clean, I loved the jacuzzi in the room.
The only problem I had was wasting some time trying to take the tour they were very unorganized so we wind up leaving.
I am very particular about my vacationing. This resort met all my expectations, kitchen stocked very well, very close to all the restaurants, prime outlet, target, walmart. I loved it!!! and I recommend it. My husband and I went as our children are grown but I definitely plan to take the grandchildren and visit water country while there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We hope you do come back this March! Our resort previews can become quite busy during times many of our guests want to explore ownership with King’s Creek Plantation. We work very hard to stay organized for both you and other guests to experience our preview in a quick and efficient manner. We apologize that you were unable to partake in one of our previews. We hope you are able to take advantage of this experience for your next visit.

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!