“was not a disappointment” 4 of 5 stars

You added King's Creek Plantation Resort to your Saves list
King's Creek Plantation Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
virginia,USA
“was not a disappointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

before we went to Kings Creek, i have read a lot of reviews about this place and was hesitant at first to join my friends because of the more poor reviews i have read and also about the tour they were talking about persuading you to tears to get or join their time sharing thing. My friend had signed me up to one of those tour. when we arrived,staffs were ok, the place was great-2 bedrooms- and really, did not find anything wrong with the place, towels look very clean, beds were ok, location is great too. the tour /persuasions were long but we ended up not joining and it was ok, i didn't cry of frustrations to tell them that i don't want to get time sharing. Overall, our 3 days stay was very pleasant....especially the shopping at the premium outlet mall....and by the way i ended up getting this time share thing after a night of deep thinking if it is worthwhile for me....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I want to give this place 5 stars, I really do, but I can't for reasons I should explain. We were in one of the newer units at King’s Creek Estates, a one-bedroom, and it was lovely. There was an electric fireplace in the living room, a double Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, two cable TVs, and even laundry facilities. We booked through Interval, and did not experience a hard sell when we got there, which was really appreciated. It may have worked in our favor that we were there in the off season. Also, as a clean freak, I can tell you that it was very clean.

More pros: The location is fantastic. Next to Water Country (closed for the season) and a short way away from everything, but not right on top of everything. VERY quiet in the off-season.
Wifi (started working our third day there)
Fully stocked condo, as unlike other places we’ve stayed, they had coffee filters, laundry detergent, and dish soap for us.
Really nice aquatic and fitness center on the property
About two miles away is a Harris Teeter, a nice supermarket, and it’s in a center with a fantastic Chinese takeout place.
About 15 miles from Williamsburg’s Town Center, which has a nice movie theater and a lot of restaurants and shops
Extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff
Husband loved the golf in the area, and I took advantage of the Premium Outlets

Cons (Here’s why I can’t give it 5 stars):
There was a mildew smell that greeted us in the front hallway each time we returned to the unit. We were there last week, about five days after Hurricane Sandy blew through, so we chalked it up to that.
Our unit, as one of the newer ones, backed up to the construction lot, where the workers not-so-kindly started at 7:00 a.m. a few mornings. Ugh.
The beds were oddly squishy…almost like waterbeds, except that they weren’t. Made for some comedy when you tried to get up in the morning. Not a big deal.
For me, the main problem was the towels and the sheets. It took me almost 5 days to realize that the allergy problems I was having in the unit were because I was allergic to the detergent they use on the linens. I’m not that slow, I swear; the last time this happened was more than 15 years ago. We travel a lot, so when I say this was bad, trust me. There is a Target almost next door where we picked up a couple of allergy-friendly (i.e. new and clean) towels.
There is no maid service. They charge $99 for the smaller units if you want someone to come in. We did not.

All in all, if we brought our own sheets/towels next time, we’d go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Myersville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Kings Creek Plantation is a great get away. Close to Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg, the location cannot be beat. The property is clean, quiet, and the resort has a wonderful large aquatic center with work out facilities. Staff are pleasant and very accomodating. This is a time share community, so we had a one bedroom unt with mini kitchen and living room. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were totally impressed. The facilities were very nice and spacious, every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful, the resort itself has a "neighborhood" feel as opposed to an apartment/condo atomosphere, which we liked very much. We liked it so much that we took the plunge and bought a wee piece of it. The "sales pitch" was in no way an unpleasant experience, we weren't pressured or insulted or pestered. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed in the Estates in a one bedroom which was very clean well decorated and the full kitchen was excellent. We didn't use any of the facilities so cannot comment but it did seem family orientated.
We had done an exchange with RCI and after check in we were sent over to the guest services to get our parking pass. This was when she mentioned the tour which she offered us the triangle ticket which we had already bought then we were offered an american express card with $100 on. This still was not worth the hassle so when I refused she tore up the paper and threw it in the bin. We did get a couple of telephone calls each day which we ignored.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marysville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Beautiful property, well maintained. Clean, maybe a little outdated as far as furnishings, but definitely comfortable. Girl at check-in area was extremely friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
medford, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Convenient locaton, quiet but close to the highway that loops around Williamsburg. We had a large two bedroom unit. Our patio backed up to an empty lot where they're apparently going to build more condos. At least we didn't back up to other buildings, which is the view many of them had. My chief complaint is that when we checked out, I forgot my othopedic pillow, which was left on the bed in a bright blue pillowcase. I called them from the road, only two hours later. They "claimed" the pillow wasn't there. Now that is ridiculous !!! I spoke to the housekeeping supervisor, to no avail. I followed up with a call to the guest services manager, but she didn't bother calling me back. How very disappointing. That really left a sour taste in my mouth after what would have been an okay stay ....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!