“DON'T DO IT” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   191 Cottage Cove Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“DON'T DO IT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We purchased the package at our local Home Show and the salesman was super nice and told us all about the property being Family oriented and they welcome everyone and at that time we told him we would love to take advantage of their package but we travel with a small pet and most of these type resorts do not allow pets and without hesitation he said well King's Creek does, we realize that animals are a part of the Family so we were ok then so we signed up. A month ago a called and made reservations within a couple hours I received my confirmation and the 2nd line in capital letter NO PETS, so I called immediatley and I have been back and forth with them ever since they did finally agree to refund my money but that was 3 weeks ago and I have yet to receive the refund. Save your money when they say "If it seems to good to be true IT IS"!!!! You can get a much better deal where they aren't trying to sell you something!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have owned a 3 bdrm cottage for the past 5 years and my inlaws long before that. We have stayed with up to 10 people at a time. We love coming here every year, my son loves that he can play basketball, my daughter loves the tennis courts. We love that we can back our food and grill at the cottages. This year our first two days rained, no worries, we were at the indoor pool where the kids played and we relaxed. This area is awesome because if you want to relax, it is peaceful and if you want something to do, there is Busch Gardens, Water Country, Jamestown, York Town, and Colonial Williamsburg. We did Go Karts Plus for the past two years. When we call for something from housekeeping, they come right away. We treat the place like our home, leaving it in good repair and taking pride in owning there. No place away from home is perfect, that is why home is home. We love King's Creek and everyone we have brought with us has loved it as well. We just upgraded to the Estates so now I guess we will be bringing more folks!!! We will keep coming back each year!!!

Room Tip: Cottages on Petersburg Circle are close to everything!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After reading some mixed reviews, I was concerned about what this experience might be like. To my delight, we found Kings Creek a perfect place to stay. For two grannies and two granddaughters 8 & 10, the two bedroom condo was clean and spacious. We loved having the kitchen and washer-dryer right there. The location makes Jamestown, Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and Water Country very easily accessible. After long days seeing the sights, we found both the indoor and outdoor pools a refreshing treat. While the check-in greeting was a little flat, every questionning call, mostly about the tv/dvd, was met by a knowledgeable front desk staffer who provided a speedy response. DVD's for borrowing also came in handy on last night when we were totally wiped out.

Our only hesitations were about pull out couch--not really sleep worthy. There was an extermination odor in downstairs bathroom. No lifeguards at the pools, at least when we were
there.

Otherwise, I cannot imagine better.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Beautiful property. We stayed in the Cottages section. We were in 310B which was the 1 bedroom lock out of a larger unit. Our condo had late 80's decor and a king bed that drooped in the middle. The walls were paper thin and we could hear entire conversations from the family that was in kitchen/dining room next to our unit. Needless to say we talked in low tones and kept our TV turned down. Our neighbors were morning people and were making breakfast, complete with bacon, at 6:30 a.m.. We finally put a blanket in front of the door to try to minimize the smells. Having a washer and dryer in the unit was nice. No light in the kitchen except under the hood made it hard to see to cook at night.
Very small check in area and fitness area, but the pools looked like they were nice. It was April, so we didn't use them.

Room Tip: I would stay here again only for the location. This resort is very convenient to the interstate and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Overall lovely area, very clean, nice size rooms and efficiently run. Our family stayed for 5 nights and the only issue was the beds. The beds are very firm boardering on hard so that made our stay a little less enjoyable. We also felt a little badgered to complete the timeshare pitch,as others have stated.

Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

POORLY maintained resort. Went there with the whole family few months ago and we stayed at one of the Townes. When we arrived the staff at the front desk were very nice, it was a quick check-in. Thought this is going to be a nice and friendly resort, unfortunately once we entered the Townes we saw the sofa was ripped, light in one of the rooms was not working, and there was a dangling smoke detector off the ceiling. All these were not that important to me. The most annoying thing and specially at night was that the floor and all doors were making squeaky noise and not to mentioned the terrible mattress. Every time when someone went to the bathroom, everybody could hear the door open & close. Thought this will be a fun and relaxing 3 nights at this King's Creek Plantation Resort, but the whole family didn't get any good sleep. They should change their resort to "King's Squeak Plantation.

The next day we went to that so-called orientation, but of course they were trying to sell you time share sort of deal. We sat there for 1/2 hour and listened to the sales guy talked, talked, and talked more. Of course at the end we didn't buy anything as I didn't see the value of their resort specially he said King's Creek is one of their platinum resorts. Cannot imagine what does it look like on their low end resorts. After we rejected the offer, that's when the sales guy gave us the unhappy look and made us sat for another 15 minutes while he went somewhere. When he came back he told us to walk to the next building to get our 2 free tickets to Williamsburg, but once we arrived there was another sales trying to sell us some packages again. As you can predict, we rejected the offer too....He walked us out of his office and handed us the 2 free tickets WHILE talking to the receptionist and WITHOUT looking at us at all. How RUDE!!

I was going to write a review right after the trip few months ago, but I was just being nice and just let the whole thing go since I know I won't go there again. But today I received a phone call and it was from their sales office. The lady on the phone tried to get me to go back, selling me a package, getting me 1 extra free night stay..blah blah blah....I told her: "Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested at this time" She then hung up on me without saying Thanks or anything. Is this how they called this their "Platinum" resort????? You judge this yourself. Good Luck if you already booked the resort.

Room Tip: My tips to choose a good room is....none, just bring ear plugs and air mattresses
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed in 2-bedroom cottage as part of time-share presentation. The cottage was not the best and not updated, but it did the trick. It suited our family of 6 with 2 bedrooms and a pull-out sofa. It was definitely more convenient than a hotel with the full kitchen, 2.5 baths and washer and dryer. We didn't spend much time indoors. The basketball court was right across the street from our cottage and we were able to play a few family games with no interruption. The walk to the pools was about 5-8 minutes. The outdoor pool was nothing special but the kids loved the indoor pool. We played several games of indoor pool volleyball during our stay, so much that the bottom of our feet were hurting! The indoor pool area was huge and also included basketball hoops.

Timeshare presentation was okay. Free coffee and Krispy Kreme was nice :). The newer models have all the upgraded amenities and decor and look great. If you're looking for a timeshare, these are among the lowest cost that I've seen and will work if you plan to exchange more than stay here. The price will drop the more you say no!

Location was as close as it could be to Water Country and we loved Water Country. Too hot for us to try Busch Gardens. All in all, decent stay. I wouldn't call this a vacation resort but rather a neighborhood community with great amenities. Convenient, little bit of fun on site, no big extras.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to King's Creek Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!