“Pleasent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area

and 1 more site!
You added Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area to your Saves list
Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   620 York St., Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Quarterpath Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #60 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Pleasent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Just got home from a very nice stay at the quarterpath inn . Room was nice and cool when we arrived late
staff treated us very well and never hesitated to get what we needed. If ever in Williamsburg again this will be our home away from home thanks again for your hospitality .

Kevin from Kentucky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed at this motel on a Memorial Day trip to Williamsburg. This was a very pleasant surprise. Normally for this price you are taking your chances. This hotel was very clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. This place was cheaper than all other hotels/motels in the area except for one that got very poor reviews for cleanliness; this is exactly what we were looking for a clean comfortable place to rest for the night. It does not have a lot of amenities more expensive hotels might have but if you are looking to save some money and want a clean affordable place this is it. We will definitely be staying here again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lincolnville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

The motel is within easy walking distance of the historical area. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, neat, fresh, and inviting. This is the second time we've stayed here; we will stay here again for our next trip to Williamsburg. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great deal.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My stay was absolutely wonderful! The rooms are very clean and very cozzy. During my visit I was very well taken care of. Housekeeping did a wonderful job of cleaning our room. The front desk staff was absolutely wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable of both the area and the attractions. I was very please to have been given more ideas of things to do, being on a budget I was very limited to what tickets I could purchase, but with the advise from the employees I was able to add more in my short little visit than I had originally planned. I would reccomend this little place for anyone!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I had a great experience with Quarterpath Inn last week. The rate was incredibly good. The hotel room was neat and clean, but the real standout was the excellent water pressure in the shower! When I checked out, I accidentally left behind some hanging clothes. Before I even realized they were missing, Megan from Quarterpath had left a message on my voice mail letting me know they were there and that she would send them to me. Within a day, they had arrived via FedEx, and at no charge to me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Perry Hall, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I stayed in the Quarterpath Inn during the summer of 2008. My girlfriend and I were in town to see the sites of Colonial Williamsburg and also to visit Busch Gardens, but we were on a tight budget. We preferred to spend our money on the attractions, knowing we wouldn’t be spending a lot of time in our room. We ended up choosing the Quarterpath. The reviews on this site were about average, and the price seemed better than other hotels/motels in the area.

We were at the Inn between Monday and Friday, so it wasn’t very crowded. Regardless, the manager/owner knew both of our names and greeted us as such whenever he saw us. The room, of course, wasn’t much to write home about. The accommodations were adequate (and very average), but this wasn’t a vacation for luxury. It’s worth noting that I had no problems with the comfort level of the bed or the quality of the bathrooms. However, it could just be that I have a higher threshold for things like that. No dirt, hair, or anything else others have stated. Maid service was great.

Unfortunately, I can’t speak for the swimming pool on site. The smell of chlorine was a bit overwhelming up close, but others appeared to be enjoying themselves in it. My girlfriend and I did go for a run each morning. There is a public park nearby that is excellent. This was maybe a five minute jog from our room.

We had several options for getting to Busch Gardens or Colonial Williamsburg… long walk, short drive, or shuttle bus (stops in front of the Inn, but not owned by the Inn). We chose to drive, but that was a personal preference.

We went to the Yorkshire restaurant located right next to the Inn on the last night. The manager may have overstated that this was “5 star dining at 2 star price.” The price was excellent, but the quality was certainly not 5 star. However, you’re a rube if you believe that going in. It was definitely better than going to a chain restaurant, though.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers who want to spend time/money in Williamsburg on things other than the hotel. However, I also recognize that, based on the other reviews here, you may not get as clean of a room as I did. Perhaps it was because we purposefully went during a less crowded period. Maybe it’s hit or miss in the big picture, but I can only speak from my experience: About what I expected for the money, but an excellent value.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Fairmont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

At first glance, this reminded me of the motels I stayed in when I was a kid. After exploring deeper, there were multiple issues: The ice machine was broken, there weren't enough towels (and trying to get more was a chore), there wasn't an extra roll of toilet paper, the beds were like cement, and the room wasn't cleaned when we got back. The personnel weren't very friendly which made it worse.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!