“Great staff, hit or miss rooms” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area

You added Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area to your Saves list
Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   620 York St., Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Quarterpath Inn)   |
Ranked #62 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Winchester, VA
“Great staff, hit or miss rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Amenities: free wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast.
Good points: helpful, personable staff. Bright from fresh paint outside.
Bad points: no mini-shampoo / some rooms smell / refrigerator-microwave delivery only in daytime and I suspect that roaches may hide in those appliances.

Observations: Of the 3 buildings, at least 1 (and all its rooms, reportedly) has an unpleasant musty smell - my wife thought leftover tobacco smoke and the hotel clerk said it was more something else; but it was too unpleasant for us to take that room. Clerk bent over backwards to switch our room to the building closest to York Street without the smell; and it was OK: clean beds, clean bathroom (only soap complimentary, no shampoo). We lucked out that high season was over, plenty of alternate rooms available then. If you're a light sleeper like my wife, though, be aware that building is closest to the railway line. It's not a busy rail line (mostly freight, I think), but you can hear the trains sometime (it's fairly well insulated, I didn't hear them at all myself).
Refrigerator and microwave ovens provided at no cost but only as available, and only after check-in. In our case, previous users exploded some food in microwave, I didn't mind a bit of elbow grease to clean it. However, after they were delivered (only by day shift; no staff to deliver for late check-ins), we started seeing a few small roaches near the refrigerator/microwave; notified housekeeping but still saw more the next day after that notice… At least refrigerator is not the tiny cube, I think it's at least 3-4 cu.ft.; it seals fine, and it cools down fine.
Free breakfast consists of mini-muffins (at least 3 flavors) which were palatable, coffee, hot water, orange juice, apple juice. The front desk clerk refilled muffins when they ran out. Breakfast room also has a microwave for use there, if you choose to bring your own to heat up there.
All the staff we interacted with were extremely nice and tried to help the best they could. If owners continue to invest to fix so no room has unpleasant smell, and to make sure pests cannot stay in their appliance storage room; this could be the great deal that the $51/night Hotwire room price implies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building closest to the front street (York Street): no smell, although closer...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I called and emailed (via the website) requesting a microwave and refrigerator in our room. Neither was in the room when we arrived. I asked again for a refrigerator which was delivered to our room promptly. They plugged the refrigerator in and in the morning, it was still hot. I went to the office and requested a replacement which was provided. The room smelled like bug spray. There was hair on the bedding. The drain stop in the sink and the tub required much effort to work. There were no numbers listed for the office, emergency, etc near the phone or a listing of tv channels. When we checked in, the guy working the office said "we have little muffins, coffee, and juice we offer in the morning, but here's a coupon for the pancake house down the road." The area itself was a little shady and the Inn was in great need for repair. We were given this trip as an incentive for previewing a timeshare with BlueGreen. It it had not been free, we would not have stayed a second night. We had a hot shower and a bed but that's all that I can think of good to say about this place.

Room Tip: Drive a little further and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ok sure....it isnt't a plush NYC hotel but the rooms are quite comfortable, clean and safe. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping are fantastic! Sweet and extremely helpful. Price can't be beat for all that

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My boyfriend an I stayed here since we decided to take a last minute trip to Williamsburg for Water Country before our passes expired. This place was clean and nothing to complain about. The breakfast is a hit or miss, you would have to be an early bird to get any of the donuts or muffins they had. All the employees were extremely friendly and was happy to help and answer any of our questions. Since my boyfriend and I are between 18 an 19 it was hard to find a hotel that had 18+ check in and this was the one we found for cheap and would allow us in. I planned on not staying in the hotel as much as we did, but it was cozy and I didn't mind. There are 20 or so channels and even caught most channels we have back at home which I was sooooo surprised by. Knights hotel was right in the middle of everything. Pets welcome and even a very nice pool. They are doing some repainting and fixing of the place, but I seriously couldn't complain (and I'm really weird about hotels and having spray lol.) I was very pleased to stay here and would totally stay again.

Room Tip: Closer to the road you hear a lot of the traffic from across the street at the gas station and a tra...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rustburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is one of of Williamsburg's older hotels and is no frills. It is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly most helpful and has always been accommodating. We travel with two dogs so it is always great to find place where they are welcome. When we visit Williamsburg this is where we stay. The location is convenient and the price is comfortable which allows us to experience more of what we visit Williamsburg for.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Butner, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

All we needed was a place to sleep after spending 12 hours at Busch Gardens so I didn't expect much from this place at such a low rate. But I must say this hotel was much worse than I anticipated. Checking in tired at 10:30 p.m., I could have done without the advertisement for 3 eating establishments - if you must give out the coupons, please skip the commercials. At first I thought the giant room key was quaint and nostalgic, but the charm quickly wore off when it failed to open the door without a big struggle. I don't know any hotel, no matter how cheap, that doesn't use key cards these days. The tv was an old tube tv; again, I don't know any hotel that doesn't have flat screens these days. Then we found a thong hanging from the towel hook in the bathroom which the cleaning staff apparently missed! The bathtub handle fell off. We had 3 small skimpy towels. No fridge, no microwave. The internet was sporadic and slow. Loud trains nearby. You might as well have no breakfast at all than to offer a juice and coffee machine and tiny muffins. The place looked run down and there were scratches and peeling paint all over the place.

The only reason I didn't give this a 1 rating is that the shower was hot, the ac was cold, the pool was larger than a lot of hotels and pretty clean, and we did witness a cleaning crew at least changing the sheets on the beds. The location is good, but there are plenty of other hotels in the area to choose from. Stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Price was grear kida loves the pool. Beds are true double size, limited tv channels. Hotel is a little dated and the neighborhood is a little touchy. My biggest disappointment was breakfast was juice and donut holes and i asked for a fridge 3no times and never got it. Overall i would recommend and return

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!