Amenities: free wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast.
Good points: helpful, personable staff. Bright from fresh paint outside.
Bad points: no mini-shampoo / some rooms smell / refrigerator-microwave delivery only in daytime and I suspect that roaches may hide in those appliances.
Observations: Of the 3 buildings, at least 1 (and all its rooms, reportedly) has an unpleasant musty smell - my wife thought leftover tobacco smoke and the hotel clerk said it was more something else; but it was too unpleasant for us to take that room. Clerk bent over backwards to switch our room to the building closest to York Street without the smell; and it was OK: clean beds, clean bathroom (only soap complimentary, no shampoo). We lucked out that high season was over, plenty of alternate rooms available then. If you're a light sleeper like my wife, though, be aware that building is closest to the railway line. It's not a busy rail line (mostly freight, I think), but you can hear the trains sometime (it's fairly well insulated, I didn't hear them at all myself).
Refrigerator and microwave ovens provided at no cost but only as available, and only after check-in. In our case, previous users exploded some food in microwave, I didn't mind a bit of elbow grease to clean it. However, after they were delivered (only by day shift; no staff to deliver for late check-ins), we started seeing a few small roaches near the refrigerator/microwave; notified housekeeping but still saw more the next day after that notice… At least refrigerator is not the tiny cube, I think it's at least 3-4 cu.ft.; it seals fine, and it cools down fine.
Free breakfast consists of mini-muffins (at least 3 flavors) which were palatable, coffee, hot water, orange juice, apple juice. The front desk clerk refilled muffins when they ran out. Breakfast room also has a microwave for use there, if you choose to bring your own to heat up there.
All the staff we interacted with were extremely nice and tried to help the best they could. If owners continue to invest to fix so no room has unpleasant smell, and to make sure pests cannot stay in their appliance storage room; this could be the great deal that the $51/night Hotwire room price implies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg, short drive to Busch Gardens and water Country, 1 Mile to College of William And Mary. 100 Percent Non-smoking, Free Continental breakfast, Seasonal Pool with large sun deck, Complimentary High-speed wireless internet, and 24 hour coffee lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn Busch Gardens Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Quarterpath Hotel Williamsburg