“Short drive to area attractions” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Homestead, Florida
“Short drive to area attractions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed for just a night to enjoy the Williamsburg colonial attractions and it was just a short 2m drive to the Visitor Center.

Hotel room was very spacious. Kids thought the pull out couch was very comfortable. Beds were also & the pillows were great.

No free breakfast. So for a family of 5 it seemed more cost effective to go across the street to Dennys or our pick IHOP (kids under 12 eat free w/paying adult at hotel).

We enjoyed our stay & would have stayed an additional night if the rate would have stayed the same. We were unaware of the difference at the time of the online booking. So beware when purchasing.

Stayed July 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your vacation in Williamsburg at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am pleased that we offered the perfect location for your family to enjoy all Williamsburg has to see and do. Please come visit us the next time you are in Williamsburg Va.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location in the heart of Williamsburg on Richmond Rd. Staff was super nice and room was very clean! Housekeeping is very friendly, I wish other hotels would train housekeeping to be more personable like this property. Breakfast was hot and even my 2 and half year old son could make a pancake, it is that easy! Thanks for a great trip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I am glad you had an awesome visit at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We value all of our guest and we are pleased that we were able to make your stay a great one! The pancake machine is fun, especially for the little ones. They love it when they can make their own breakfast. I hope to see you again in the future at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Williamsburg.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on a Monday while visiting W&M. The desk attendant was the low point of an otherwise very satisfactory stay. It was not a busy day and I was the only person in the lobby checking in- no phones ringing, no other apparent distractions...but she didn't say hello or even crack a smile to greet me. She checked me in and I went to my room on the 2nd floor and found that it was right next to the elevator, which is almost always too noisy for me to sleep. I went back down and politely asked to be moved. She was visibly annoyed. She didn't say a word...She just glared at me and silently took my keys and assigned me a new room. I said thank you, she mustered a your welcome...so while not a complete disaster it made me feel pretty unwelcome. If it were a busier night I would understand that someone had to get the 'dud' room...but the parking lot was more than half empty overnight so there were certainly other options. Otherwise, everything looked up to date and well maintained, on par with other HIE'S. We were in a rush the next morning, so I can't comment on breakfast. Location is safe, with many stores and restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Historic area is a short drive, as is W&M.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very for taking the time to let me know about your visit during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I would like to apologize for the manner in which you were treated by the Front Desk Agent on Duty. I am glad the remainder of your visit was good. I would like to address this with the staff, if you be willing to contact me at cpatton@ltdhospitality.com or 757-941-1057. We appreciate your business and look forward to your visiting in the future. Enjoy the college trips and hope to see you in Williamsburg soon.
Usa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went up for 4th of July weekend with some friends and it was excellent! I chose to stay in a suite since it was the same price as a standard room. It was HUGE!! Was thoroughly surprised with the layout and as with all Holiday Inn Expresses even in Singapore, the breakfast was nice...a little crowded where they served it but was nice. Definitely recommend staying there!

Stayed July 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Suite and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Breakfast always gets your day started, I am glad you enjoyed your start to the day. I hope you will stay with us during your next visit the Williamsburg.

Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel seems to be well kept and clean. I am here with family and friends on a short vacation. The rooms are well maintained and the staff is very friendly. We booked through a travel agent, and a few things have made this a less than average stay.

1) We requested adjoining rooms, didn't find out until arrival, they do not have adjoining rooms. I believe a reply from the hotel to the travel agency, would have been better customer service, as the agency requested adjoining rooms when they booked it.

2) When I checked in, I asked the desk clerk to let me give you my IHG Rewards Number, her reply was " You don't get points for this stay as you booked through a travel agent" IHG Rewards is not always about points, it is a status also that entitles you to certain privileges. Example, I didn't get the daily paper delivered to the room, if my rewards were on file, I would have.

3) This is not a hotel for families to completely enjoy their stay. There are no benches, tables, chairs, or anything else to sit and congregate outside. The only bench is the 3 person park type bench, in the front of the building, "The Designated Smoking Area". My wife's friend is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke, so that didn't work out so well, except for my Buddy and I, I smoke cigarettes, he smokes cigars. The only alternative, is the indoor pool area, but the chlorine was overwhelming.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize that the Front Desk Agent did not make notation of your IHG Rewards number. I will ensure the staff is aware that we should always make not of your guest rewards number so that you may enjoy the benefits associated and receive credit for your stay, even if points are not rewarded. If you would provide me with you IHG rewards number, I would like to ensure that you receive credit for you night stay. I hope your family will stay with us in the future, you may utilize our great room at any time to sit and visit. Our great room also has two TV's that you enjoy or the kid's can enjoy while the adults have conversation. I appreciate your feed back as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were here for only a day and the hotel was great. Super friendly staff and super clean room. Beds were very very comfortable and we got a suite upgrade for being members of holiday inn priority club. Good location plenty of places to eat close. Cool general store near by had Fife and Drums music live which was great. Especially since we went to Colonial Williamsburg and it was a huge disappointment.
Food in hotel was great, day we stayed a chorus group was there and I felt bad for the kitchen staff it was all they could do to keep the stuff full but they did a great job. Only complaint I had was business center only had 1 computer working and hotel was full so I could never get a shot at one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites and thank you for being an IHG rewards elite member. I am glad you enjoyed your suite during your visit. I apologize for the computer being down at the business center, we are working on getting the 2nd work station repaired. The General Store is a great place to visit, especially when the Fife and Drum are preforming. I hope that we will be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Williamsburg.

Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

A king suite was our home for one night while visiting some sites in Williamsburg.

We found this hotel to be just right in terms of location, value, and comfort.

The room was large with a comfortable bed, new TV, and nice furniture that fit well with the colonial atmosphere.

The breakfast was good with the usual variety of choices, and the coffee was exceptionally good.

The only complaint was that the ceiling in the bathroom appeared to have been spattered with some kind of reddish/orange stains. Other than that, the room was very clean.

If I had the need to come back to Williamsburg soon, I would make this my first choice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for making the Holiday Inn Express & Suites your hotel of choice in Williamsburg. Thank you for letting me know about the bathroom ceiling so I can ensure this is not over looked in the future. I look forward to you next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg? Share your experiences!