“Very nice property, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very nice property, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very clean, very friendly front desk. Rooms are a little small, but it was a good value. Breakfast was what you would expect. It did have eggs and sausage so a little better that just a continental breakfast. Overall a pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kstudwell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to tell us about your stay. We look forword to having you back when you are in our area next

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

You need to level set your expectations. It's a Holiday Inn Express-to me if it's clean, is well located and has a decent breakfast, that's really all you can ask for for the price. Check in process was fine, I booked the hotel via Busch Gardens and they had inadvertently booked me into a smoking room. Luckily, the desk clerk made sure this was the room I wanted and quickly changed it once I told them I did not want a smoking room. The room was clean, had a king size bed with ample and soft pillows, clean linens. There was also a small sitting area with a pull out couch, coffee table and working desk. Bathroom, though basic, was clean and functioning well, which is all we needed for this trip since we were only there to sleep after a busy day at Busch Gardens. Breakfast the next morning was good. A little more than the basic continental breakfast, but about what you'd expect. We did not use the pool; seemed small and the water seemed a bit cloudy. Location was great; just a mile or so to downtown Colonial W'Burg.

Room Tip: Choose a higher room towards the back of the hotel; easier access to more private parking in the bac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

2 Years ago we stayed here for my Fathers funeral. I met Towanda at the front desk and pleased to see that she was there when we checked in for the weekend for my brothers wedding. We also had the pleasure of meeting Adam at the front desk and found him to be a wonderful and helpful young man!!!
We did have some issues with the room basically not having and ironing board and then a non working iron! Iron replaced and did not work!! Had to go and borrow one from my son's room on the 3rd floor!! Finally got to get to iron clothes for the wedding!!!
I must say returning and seeing and remembering Towand was like seeing an old friend!!! Both Adam and Towanda are wonderful people and a pleasure to meet them! I hope that on our next trip they will be there again!!! Both very professional well mannered and knew what they were doing! Also both were able to give us directions to any place we needed to go in the area without looking a thing up!!!
Other than the ironing board and iron incident we were over all very happy with our stay!! Your General manager needs to be on top of of the rooms equipment and replacing of damaged blankets!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after abandoning a disgusting hotel that a timeshare presentation had put us up in. This hotel was a great find. The people were very nice and the room was clean. The room was also very quiet. The free breakfast was fabulous with a huge selection of food.

• Stayed October 2012
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was a good hotel in a good location with a friendly staff. However, there were a couple of basic cleanliness issues in the bathroom. I saw mold and other yellow stains on the ceiling above the shower (and noted that there is no exhaust fan to remove moisture), and there were a couple of hairs left in the sink upon check in. The room did feel a bit damp. The bed was reasonably comfortable, and the room was nice and large. Free breakfast included your staple continental breakfast items--nothing healthy unless you grab a piece of fruit. For the price, this property is a good value, but there is simply no excuse for lapses in cleanliness in hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear twynings,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We found this Holiday Inn Express to be ideally located. It is just a couple of minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and, in the opposite direction, just one minute from the main streets of town where there are a lot of restaurants and shops. The staff at the hotel was pleasant and the room was very clean and comfortable. I have back problems and often wake up with my back killing me. That was not the case here. The bed was extremely comfortable and I woke up without pain. My only suggestion would be to issue larger pillows. The bed pillows were very small, almost the size of a throw pillow. I would book with this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
kstudwell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
It is always nice to hear from our guests and to know they had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We look forward to having you stay with again when your travels bring you to our area.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My two night stay at this hotel was very pleasant for me and my daughter. It is located in a very convienent spot near the grocery store and near the gas station which were very helpful for me. I was satisfied with our rooms and the beds were very comfy. The hotel was also very clean and welcoming. I was very surprise to recieve such great customer service which is hard to find these days. I booked at the last minute and the young lady named Artia was very informative and answered all of our questions. She was such a delight to speak to and very professional. She's a keeper! I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
So nice to hear you had a great time and great stay with us when in our area. Thank you for taking the time to tell us. We look forward to having you as our guests when you are in our area in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg? Share your experiences!