Stayed here for two nights in early December while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express (I've stayed in several other Holiday Inn Express hotels).
The positives included:
1. Good, helpful front desk staff. Nice fireplace in reception area.
2. Good breakfast, particularly enjoyed the ham / Canadian bacon one moring. Plenty of seating for breakfast and good layout (unlike others whether the food and dining area has been crowded, this was well-designed and spacious).
3. Excellent, modern high-speed PC set-up in lounge area for those who don't carry their laptops with them.
4. Nice, modern, clean hotel in safe area. Housekeeping, however, could have been improved in the bathroom in my room. The tub tile walls and the toliet needed a thoroug scrubbing as there was some dirt and mold.
The negatives were limited to:
1. No real spa / hot tub. There is an indoor pool area that was nice and clean. The pool room itself was well-heated, but the water could have been warmer. This may have explained the lack of activity at the pool. The major disappointment (and a big NEGATIVE) in my view was there was no separate spa. You could turn jets on in a part of the pool, but the seating arrangement was awkward and the water temp was no warmer than in the rest of the pool. This is not a spa, in my view! I enjoy relaxing in a spa and this was not available here.
2. The location was OK, but there was no where that you could easily and quickly walk to a restaurant and / or bar without crossing a major highway. The Express hotels do not provide facilities, which is fine, but many are better located with a nearer source of evening food and entertainment. There are many other hotels in Williamsburg that at either closer to Colonial Williamsburg or other attractions or next to places to dine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg has won a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence! The hotel completed a renovation in Summer 2013. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East in Historic Williamsburg Virginia provides a sensible choice for travelers to Virginias historic triangle of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown Located in the heart of the historic district, nearby attractions include Busch Gardens, home of the new roller coaster The Griffon, Water Country USA, Colonial Williamsburg, the College of William & Mary, Merchants Square, Premium Outlets, NewTown Shopping and Entertainment, Yankee Candle, Ripley s Believe it or Not,Mariners Museum, Virginia Living Museum, Williamsburg Winery and The Williamsburg Pottery. Golfers can experience 15 championship golf courses such as Kingsmill, Stonehouse, Royal New Kent and Golden Horse Shoe. Local corporations include Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Sentara, Ball Metal, Surry Power Plant and Riverside Health Systems. Nearby government facilities include National Center for State Courts, Camp Perry, Cheatham Annex, Yorktown Naval Weapons Depot, West Point Armor Group International Training and Fort Eustis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Holiday Inn Williamsburg