Stayed here for two nights in early December while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express (I've stayed in several other Holiday Inn Express hotels).
The positives included:
1. Good, helpful front desk staff. Nice fireplace in reception area.
2. Good breakfast, particularly enjoyed the ham / Canadian bacon one moring. Plenty of seating for breakfast and good layout (unlike others whether the food and dining area has been crowded, this was well-designed and spacious).
3. Excellent, modern high-speed PC set-up in lounge area for those who don't carry their laptops with them.
4. Nice, modern, clean hotel in safe area. Housekeeping, however, could have been improved in the bathroom in my room. The tub tile walls and the toliet needed a thoroug scrubbing as there was some dirt and mold.
The negatives were limited to:
1. No real spa / hot tub. There is an indoor pool area that was nice and clean. The pool room itself was well-heated, but the water could have been warmer. This may have explained the lack of activity at the pool. The major disappointment (and a big NEGATIVE) in my view was there was no separate spa. You could turn jets on in a part of the pool, but the seating arrangement was awkward and the water temp was no warmer than in the rest of the pool. This is not a spa, in my view! I enjoy relaxing in a spa and this was not available here.
2. The location was OK, but there was no where that you could easily and quickly walk to a restaurant and / or bar without crossing a major highway. The Express hotels do not provide facilities, which is fine, but many are better located with a nearer source of evening food and entertainment. There are many other hotels in Williamsburg that at either closer to Colonial Williamsburg or other attractions or next to places to dine.