“wow what a suprise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Williamsburg Central

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Williamsburg Central to your Saves list
Travelodge Williamsburg Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2225 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Captain John Smith Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #72 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Churchton,Md
“wow what a suprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2005

wow for what we paid per night it was a suprise! I thought the room would be small, it was not the amenities so so they were not,rooms were spacious and clean with mini fridge and microwave,pool could have been cleaner but was ok kids loved it! they had a breakfast every morning! and it was enough to fill the void before setting out on the days activities! close to everything! nice place! will return here again.

Stayed June 2005

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

"T" Counce the front desk/Reservations Manager was a blessing. I have a 1 1/2 year old. She was very helpful in getting me extra bags for dirty diapers. She has a bad knee and everytime we needed something she came up the stairs for us. After the 1st night we had to move our room due to the train being very loud. She immediately had a new room for us the next morning without waiting. "T" is truely an asset to your hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2005

This motel seems to have been around forever, and still is the best at keeping its prices low. For the money, if you want budget and spotless, this is the place. The rooms are typicl motel, a little roomier than some of the more modern upscale chain motels I have stayed at in Williamsburg, and the bathroom is spotless. No icky grout, no telltale ground in dirt in the shower. There was a bit of trickling noise from the room air conditioner, and from the parking lot (doors exit directly to parking) The continental breakfast consisted of sugary cereals, watery juice, those tiny, tasteless muffins, waffle batter, and ok coffee. Pass on this if you want real food; there is a McDonald's and several pancake houses just down the street.
For the money, if you are ok with the basics, this is a good value.

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

On many occassions, my husband and I have stayed at the CJSI. The location is excellent to many fast food/privately owned/chained restaurants, that are in walking distance. The rooms are nice size and clean. The employees have always been very kind and accomodating, including the manager. The rec room with a fireplace adds a special touch for a cozy game of pool.

During my recent stay, I met several of the guest staying at the motel. Many who are contractors working on the growth that is occuring all over Williamsburg, some were tourist and a family who is currently 'in-between' homes. (I saw the previous posting about the homeless and was appalled.) I would have never know anyone at the CJSI was homeless. I think the person who posted prior to had a stereo-typed idea about people in this situation. Everyone I met was extremely nice.

Yes, some rooms may need updating, but for the price, it is well worth the stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

I was surprised that Tripadvisor placed this motel in the Bed & Breakfast section; it is really misleading; it is really just a 1* motel. It does provide some simple breakfast at the so-called breakfast room, but they has no kitchen, just bought from supermarket, I guess, and very few people eating there. The lobby and front desk was so small with two single sofa and a very tiny man/woman shared restroom with super narrow door. Only one staff at the tiny front desk as most 1* motel. When I arrived, I was scared by the "run down house" right next to this motel and almost vacant parking lot, the open office behind front desk was a mess. This very old two story brick building looked even more scary in the dark and raining. Across street has nothing but huge construction of some company but no building setup yet. It really made you feel uncomfortable. It did not take too long for me to decide to leave for the other hotel. Later, I met some people from local told me that there were quite a few 1* motels in town full of homeless people, be very careful!

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

The Captain John Smith lnn is magnificent and I have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so nice that it was hard to drag myself away from the hotel to go to see the historical sites. The room was large and most importantly, very clean. It is also within walking distance to many places to eat. I will certainly stay here on my next visit to Williamsburg.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2005

We were on our way to the Outer Banks for vacation, My parents, me and my family. I checked the hotel on line and it looked nice, so we booked 2 rooms. Well to our surpise when we checked in and went to our rooms I should have known by the filth on the doors that this was going to be a room from hell. The sheets and blankets were dirty in both rooms (thank goodness we had our own) the carpet (if thats what you call it) was sticky and nasty. now I didn't come to Williamsburg to ride rollercoasters but when you sat on the toilet seat you felt like you were. The tub and shower area (and toilet) had not been cleaned, NO ONE TOOK SHOWERS that night. We have never stayed in a place that was so Dirty and I will never do it again. We had to wake up the management just to get them to start the Free breakfast in the morning and there was only a dozen donuts. Now if you like trains then you might like getting woke up in the middle of the night by them screaming by your room. The wonderful pool with waterfall was not what they said there was no waterfall and the pool was covered with leaves and dirty.

• Stayed June 2003

Been to Travelodge Williamsburg Central? Share your experiences!