“Need an update in management and style!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Williamsburg Central

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Williamsburg Central to your Saves list
Travelodge Williamsburg Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2225 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Captain John Smith Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“Need an update in management and style!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

OMG, what an experience! Booked reservations for this room online for just one night. Needed a cheap place to stay while visiting Busch Gardens. I guess you get what you pay for. However, $75 for a double is not some drop in the bucket to me! The experience got off to a bad start as I was told that they could not find my reservation. Then I was told that the non-smoking room I had booked and paid for was unavailable. I was told to smoke outside.! I knew that it would be hard to find somewhere else to go because I tried beforehand and just about everything close by was full. I asked my fiancé to deal with the manager who in my opinion did not know what he was doing. I was later informed by my fiancé that the manager offered to make things right by switching us with someone else who had just checked in. Well, this individual did not want to switch! Can't say I blame him! The room was relatively clean, but there were 2 chairs in the room that were filthy! I don't know why they weren't thrown out a long time ago. They were so filthy that I refused to sit on them. I spray everything in the room with Lysol including the 2 chairs. The room was nothing to write home about. Outdated furniture, comforter, shower curtains, television. Looked like the owner could care less! The glow in the dark stars were really nice though. I will never stay there again because I did not get what I paid for, but I smoked in that room all I wanted to, because that's what I paid for!! The Travelodge down the street was so much nicer. I couldn't believe the difference in the two!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

What a horrible experience!!! We booked a non-smoking room - it wreaked of a foul smoke odor upon entering da room - they gave us another room that was tolerable, just for us to discover after our shower that the beds were infested with BED BUGS!!!!! We immediately informed the front desk, called the booking agency to arrange a refund, and packed our bags with da quickness! Fortunately, we are able to receive a refund, leave the BED BUGS behind and return safely to our humble abode. WE URGE YOU NOT to stay at this facility. We really needed a get-a-way and Williamsburg was booked (Memorial Day weekend) so we took a chance, on this crappy place.

Room Tip: Here's the tip, DON"T choose any of these rooms - ours had BED BUGS!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We just wanted a one night quick get away, so we stayed here because of its location and the price you couldn't beat. Upon arrival I had to wait for someone to come to the front desk for about 5 to 8 minutes. I had made my reservations on hotels.com so he was not able to look me up due to some glitch, so I basically had to do a whole new reservation upon check in. The parking lot was all but desserted. We got a queen size room overlooking the pool, which is February leads for a not so nice view. The room was dark and musty feeling. In order for us to seat at the desk to eat our dinner we had to rearrange things just to make room for you to sit and eat. The room was not very clean, however I did not see any bugs, just a general not so clean. It clearly is a dated hotel and could use some upgrades and a very detailed cleaning. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at economy hotels before, so I knew not to expect much... But this was the worst experience I have ever had. We walked into our room and a cockroach ran across the floor. Turned around to lock the door and the lock was broken. Went to turn on the lights and one was out. Went to the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush, shower was falling apart and dirty, and the soaps were from San Francisco Travelodge. The walls, floors, blankets were all stained. Needless to say we walked out and got a refund. Here's the part that made me write this review... The manager did not apologize, he told me I brought the cockroach in, I am a spoiled girl, and mocked the way I talk! He told me to shut up so that he doesn't lose HIS temper. (I was honestly extremely nice about the whole situation) On my way out I spotted a dead cockroach in the middle of his "lobby!" I went to take a picture to report it and he yells at me to put away my phone. I am a struggling college student and had been saving for this weekend getaway for months.. To top it off, there were sketchy people hanging around outside. I am very shocked that this place passed any kind of inspection.

• Stayed May 2014
Summersville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The motel itself is small but you have all the necessities you need. Stopped by to plan a stay for a large group, and chose this motel for the second time in a few years. You will not find a cleaner place in Williamsburg! The manager is a kind man, and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely do business with him for years to come! Perfect location for school groups, top notch cleanliness, and each guest receives personalized service! Excellent convenient location next to many restaurants but not in major traffic areas. Overall a phenomenal experience with service and cleanliness. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Well if you have read my reviews of this hotel before you know that I've always given it high marks. Over the years we have spend many nights at this location and were always very pleased. So you say, what change my mind about this hotel... in the past we almost always got the same room, until our stay in August, 2013... The front desk couldn't find the key to room 169 this stay. We were given a different room and had our eyes open to "A DIRTY "room, and rude manager too. The sheets on 1 of the beds were full of dirty stains on the edges and than the remote for the TV didn't work. So I called the front desk and talked with MANAGER and it was like I was lying to him and he was VERY RUDE about it to me. This is the same man that I once thought of as a freind, since we came back everytime we came to Williamsburg no matter how much the cost difference for the same room during the on and off seasons. Well after the stay in August he lost a regular customer... I work hard for my money and I won't waste it on a DIRTY ROOM OR A RUDE MANAGER (OWNER)!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Low price, hard beds and harder pillows. Breakfast was waffles or stale cereal. Ice machine upstairs never worked, toilet clogged up, handle fell off toilet. If you just want a bed for the night it's ok, would not recommend a prolonged stay unless your back csn take it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Williamsburg Central? Share your experiences!