“A Good Value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Williamsburg Central

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Williamsburg Central to your Saves list
Travelodge Williamsburg Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2225 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Captain John Smith Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #73 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Dayton, Virginia
“A Good Value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel a lot of times in the past few years. We have always had a clean and safe place to stay while visiting Williamsburg. Good places to eat all this location. Yes, if you're a lite sleeper know that there is trains passing behind the hotel, but that is true of every hotel on this side of Richmond Rd. for miles. The staff has always made us feel at home here.

Room Tip: We like staying in the smaller building which is located near the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel really is located in the middle of everything. Right across the street from Yankee Candle, plenty of places to dine located all around. We were greeted warmly by the very friendly front desk staff & check in was easy. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows available. The bathroom was clean also & the towels are good, the soap & shampoo provided are very nice. Yes, the train runs by at different intervals all day long but it's not loud (Think My Cousin Vinny) or obtrusive - no whistle blowing or loud rumbling. Breakfast is served (Continental style) every morning but we slept in & missed it this time. Checkout was a breeze & again, the staff was personable and friendly. We will be staying there again in the future as it fits our needs perfectly! You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a second floor room for less foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TLGeneralManager, Manager at Travelodge Williamsburg Central, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
thank's to put review
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very affordable (the most affordable in the area), clean rooms, and friendly staff. It's a quiet area of Williamsburg, and close to Historic Williamsburg (just drive up Richmond Road for three minutes, and you're there). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
your review help other customer, Thank's
Morgantown, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I arrived I thought the people who had written positive reviews must have stayed at a different motel. Dingy, dirty, deteriorating. Junk and trash all over the property. Room did not seem clean. Empty plastic cup had fallen behind the night stand and was still there. Even the phone book was sticky. A railroad runs right behind the place. A blight on the travelodge brand. Will not stay there again or recommend.

Room Tip: Can't imagine any room is acceptable, based on mine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dayton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for years, the rooms have been clean. The staff is willing to help you in any wat they can. You can walk to many restaurants and Yankee Candle is arcoss the street. For the amount of time one spends in the room this is by far the BEST deal in williamsburg.

Room Tip: Easy to get to the OutLet Mall and walking distance to many restaurant
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bristow, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I don't usually write hotel reviews, but I had to for this one. I thought I was booking a different Travelodge in Williamsburg that we stayed at before and it was decent. I made a big mistake. This was definitely not the same travelodge.

There looked like there was water damage and mold behind the toilet. It also looked like their was mold along were the ceiling meets the wall near the bathroom. The bed coverlet had a hand size stain on it, that made me wonder if it ever got cleaned. The second night their were mouse dropping in one of the freshly made beds. Yuck!!! My husband didn't tell me till the next morning since I would have freaked!

We had been gone all day long and didn't get back until late at night. I do not even know why we didn't just find another place. I guess because we were really tired. There were trains going by all night long. At least three that I woke up for. And my husband had to stay home today from a bad allergy attack from the mold their. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I went up in Williamsburg to spend the day at Busch Gardens. After a long (but very fun) day, we were exhausted and ready to crash - unfortunately this is NOT the place to do that!

The man at the front desk was very kind and helpful, but at 11 PM, we just wanted to sleep and upon opening the door to our room, I realized I was not going to be able to.

The room was disgusting! Stains on the walls and ceiling, ratty old carpeting, and a filthy bed. The box spring was covered in dark, older looking stains and upon pulling back the blanket I found the sheets had white (human) hairs all over! I am pretty sure the sheets had not been cleaned, and housekeeping just re-made the bed. Things went from bad to worse in the bathroom… the sink had a stain which resembled blood, the tissue dispenser (mounted to the sink) was covered in what looked like boogers, blood and skin flakes. As if this was not bad enough, there were small bugs crawling up the walls around the mirror/counter!

Had we not been so exhausted we just would have driven home or found another hotel. It was so bad we contemplated sleeping in the car, but didn’t think it was a safest place considering the condition of the hotel and the fact that it seemed to be full.

Needless to say we were VERY happy to be up and out of there at 5:30 AM.

Had we known the condition on the hotel we would have NEVER booked a room here. Unless you are a pimp, homeless or incredibly desperate I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Williamsburg Central? Share your experiences!