“Nice stay with excellant custormer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Burleson, Texas
“Nice stay with excellant custormer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you desire clean rooms, fresh beds, adequate T.V. then look no farther! Hotel is in need of updating, but the staff here keep everything clean, fresh, and are willing to go above and beyond to keep you happy. Wonderful breakfast bar, fresh, hot, and delicious. Want to have hot tub/spa with large clean pool-indoors? Stop here. CAUTION!!! hot tub is very hot even on lower setting-check before letting the kiddos get in. This is very well priced and with Williamsburg being a tourist town, you will need your money for the attractions. Thanks to Chad, Tracy, and Stefania for tips, restaurants, driving directions, and a very enjoyable time at their hotel!!!

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quiet, and very large-stayed on first floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Good Morning l h,

It was our pleasure to make your stay the most enjoyable as possible. I personally congratuated and thanked Tracy & Stefania on your behalf! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit! I will check on the hot tub temperature as we don't want it too hot, but it usually stays around 99-102 degrees.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Southgate
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We pick this location based off of the ratings on this site and another. Nice thing about the place, you can walk to the Colonial Williamsburg.

We paid upfront for this hotel through Choice Hotels, which meant no refunds. did save $$$

Stay was June 2-8 2013

1) Floors are soooo old they appear to be dirty. We made sure we had at least socks on at all times.

2) Elevator sounds like it is ready to drop, extremely slow, you never know if the doors will open

3) Stairs? dark as hell stinks, dirty, narrow, and have to miss water pipes

4) Hallways dark and musty smelling

5) room dark and musty smelling

6) room had wall repairs recently done. How I know? They never painted the repaired section of the wall.

7) remote control to TV no back cover, batteries taped into place

8) took nearly 15 minutes to get hot water, so times it would get hot in a couple minutes. Like if you are the first person in the entire hotel (not room) taking a shower, you will not get hot water for 15 minutes.

9) mini fridge freezer looked like it had mold in it. The door would close unless you left up and pushed closed. we kept filling our ice bucket up to keep our perishables cool.

10) pool WAY over chlorinated. The water was practically white!

11) house cleaning only made the beds and picked up towels. We stayed 6 nights, not one day did the floor get vacuumed in the room. How i know? I split some of my Pringles on the floor. left it figuring they would just get vacuumed up. It rained on Monday. We had muddy shows Monday night and Tuesday night. The mud droppings still there when we checked out on Saturday!

Nothing about this hotel was Quality. Definitely not up to Choice Hotels standards

Room Tip: Don't believe the photos for this location. This hotel was no way near the photos provided!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning Rocketcuse,

I do sincerely apologize that you had such an experience. I can assure you that our carpet is clean as we do get them cleaned every 6 months. Our elevator is old as the hotel was built in 1978, however it is in great working condition as the state inspects it annually and our elevator company inspects it monthly. The stairwells do have pipes in them, but as I have walked the stairwells and have seen no places where you "have to miss the water pipes." I do agree that the hallways are not as ventilated as we would like with the PTAC units compared to central heat/air. I do apologize that the remote did not have a back on it and I will definitely discuss that with the housekeeping staff. We actually painted the wall patch in room 226 yesterday. We have been extremely busy and with all the king bed rooms being reserved over the last couple weeks we decided to hold off to paint the patch as the odor from the paint is too overwhelming for the room to be painted and then rented. As for the hot water, we have had no reported issues with it taking an extreme amount of time for guests to receive hot water, but we will definitely investigate the issue. The pool chemicals are inspected everyday and our pool service company inspects the chemicals three times per week. We have seen low levels of chlorine, but have not seen higher levels of cholorine than what is deemed as acceptable by the State of Virginia. I will personally investigate the issue of the room not being vacuumed. I thank you for your feedback, however I would have like the chance to resolve the issues to make your stay the most enjoyable, if they would have been brought to my attention during your 6 night stay.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

this was a good hotel- no bells and whistles but really close to williamsburg to start your day. staff were nice, rooms were clean and quiet. breakfast smelled good. there is a pool, so that might be nice as a break after seeing places in the area, could be a good jumping off site to travel the historic triangle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Good Morning tobycc,

I thank you for the choosing the Quality Inn Historic East and look forward to your return. I will be sure to share the great comments with the staff!
Harrison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and i checked in friday may 24th, and when we got there around 6:30pm the girl at the front desk told us our room was outside and we werent aware of that coming to the hotel. She assured us that staying outside was just as fine as staying inside. For the nost part she was right. the rooms need to be updated bad.the first room she checked us into smelled like smoke, so when we told her this she immediately found us another room, it was still outside but it was a lot better. I would stay at this hotel again if i booked ahead of time and got a room inside. the pool area was nice, and the breakfast was okay. the only reason i would return is because the staff was great. she was funny and whatever we needed she got us right away ex. extra towels and more toilet paper. overall id give this hotel a 6/10. but maybe next time it will be better if we do get a room in the inside building, also the rooms that smell like smoke need to be taken care of. that was no very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Good Afternoon 1CDFam1,

I sincerely apologize about your experience and I do thank you for your feedback. I can not agree with you more about rooms that may smell like smoke. I will definitely share this with the housekeeping staff to ensure if a non-smoking rooms smells like smoke to report it to the front desk and take the necessary actions to get the room smelling clean and fresh for the next guest arriving! Also, I thank you for the staff compliments and I will most definitely give kudos to Stefania for making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We do pride ourselves on great staff service and I thank you for giving us a second chance. When you are in the Williamsburg area again, please call me directly and I will personally ensure your stay is not only enjoyable, but memorable!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We came for Busch Gardens and spent one night at the Quality Inn. As one of my friends said, "They call this quality?" It was fine, but I won't stay again. Everything felt old and a little dirty. I wore shoes or socks every where in my room for this reason- even in the shower.

• Stayed May 2013
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Good Morning rlhcarter,

I do apologize that you felt like everything was dated and dirty. I can assure you that we do get our carpets cleaned every six months. I do not wish this to be your lasting impression of this hotel and I do invite you back.
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for a weekend trip to Busch Gardens.
The lobby area was nice and clean, the rooms were average except for really stiff beds.
Continental breakfast is lacking.
Good military discount when directly booking on their site.

• Stayed May 2013
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Good Morning natbabyx,

I thank you for your feedback and thank you for the compliments on the lobby area. I do sincerely apologize about the beds being uncomfortable. With the deluxe continental breakfast, we do follow all Quality Inn specifications provided by Choice Hotels. Again, I thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you and your family again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here a month ago and I do not have any complaints. It was a pet friendly, clean room conveniently located near the historic district and Busch Gardens. The staff was helpful and friendly. For the price, the room was simple and met our needs. I plan on staying here again the next time I am in Williamsburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Good Morning TravelerDan70,

It was our pleasure serving you, your family, and your furry companion too! We appreciate your feedback and I will definitely share it with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again and again in the future.

Been to Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!