“OH MY!!! SO IMPRESSED!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Hampton, Virginia
“OH MY!!! SO IMPRESSED!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I ordered this room online and I paid $45 a night plus taxes and fees for 2 nights. I was a little hesitant because hotels always present themselves better online. I was so impressed. The rooms were clean and the staff was supper nice. There was an indoor pool and hot tub. Both were the perfect temp. The staff were very helpful with directions and dinning recommendations. They even suggested a fantastic florist and provided a cork screw upon request. Definitely one of the best hotel experiences of my life. I could not imagine a better experience, especially for the value. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future. I truly felt like a valued guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Evening Ashley H,

It was our pleasure to make you feel so welcomed and valued. We do pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide here at the Quality Inn. I will ensure the staff is well aware of the comments and I will give them all a pat on the back! We look forward to your return and feel free to email me at gm.va222@choicehotels.com for your future reservation needs.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dover, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in December when my family was visiting Williamsburg for the holidays. We enjoyed there indoor pool and location was great. I see there is mixed reviews previously. However, we had a great stay. We were on the third floor and the elevator worked perfectly well. The rooms were nice and clean. Hotel had free breakfast and extended pool hours. We will be back this summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Good Evening Christine J,

I would like to thank you for your compliments and I am glad you had a wonderful time! We look forward to your return in the summer time and to serving you. Feel free to contact me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com for your future reservations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I needed a hotel room for one night as we were attending a funeral. To start we the room had a terrible smell, the wash clothes were suppose to be white but had large brown stains. How do you know the room was not cleaned? When you find a dirty and by dirty I mean poop filled child's diaper in the corner next to the bed...GROSS! We were given another room that looked to have been cleaned, but again had some funny smell. When I asked the front desk if they had any air freshner as we did not check in until after midnight, I was given some Glade carpert fresh. What in the world? NEVER EVER AGAIN. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good Evening Teena M,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this will NEVER happen again. This is unacceptable and I personally apologize on behalf of the entire staff. I understand you were here under stressful times and I would like to invite you back when you are able to enjoy yourself here in the Williamsburg area. Feel free to contact me anytime via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com
Vincent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were a little leary of staying at this hotel as they have some bad reviews and traveler's pics. Anyway, after speaking with the Manager before making the
reservation he assured us they were improving this hotel.
I must say I was a little nervous when we arrived but truly this hotel is trying
very hard to renovate and upscale this property. We had our pets with us
and we were being rather selective about what location we had in the hotel so
that our dogs would not bark and disturb any of the other guests. The staff and management bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. They were great.
They also had a very good hot breakfast. I would return to this hotel and wish them much success on bringing this hotel up to par, they are getting there.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be fine and if you are not happpy with your room they will bend over...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Good Afternoon Georgette B,

I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you when choosing your lodging needs. We strive to be the best and we thank you for noticing that we are getting there! Our customer service is second to none and I can assure you that will never change! We look forward to seeing you again and your doggies in the near future!
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. This hotel is in SERIOUS need of an upgrade. The rooms and elevator (the ONLY elevator) were stifling hot to the point of being unbearable. We were moved 3 times into 3 different rooms due to the lack of air conditioning as well as the state of cleanliness of the rooms. Our final room felt cool but the light over the vanity didn’t work and the sink was completely clogged. We were exhausted at this point and tired of lugging all of our stuff from room to room so we decided to stay put and just make the best of it.

The next morning, my husband and I went down with our daughter to have breakfast and that was when we reached our breaking point. Flies were EVERYWHERE and it was so hot that we were sweating just sitting there. The coffee was absolutely disgusting and the only perk of their breakfast (the waffle maker) was out of order. We checked out immediately and went to another hotel.

You would think that would be the end of our problems. It wasn’t. When the lovely folks at the Quality Inn were crediting our account, they made the mistake of debiting the charge instead of crediting it. Three days of physically going back to the Quality Inn to speak with the staff at the front desk, as well as the Manager, Chad, in addition to COUNTLESS phone conversations and the situation was FINALLY resolved. It took half of our vacation to get this fixed. Needless to say, we did NOT have a relaxing stay and will NEVER stay in another Choice Hotels again.

We wrote the Corporate Headquarters upon our return and received nothing from them. At that point, we were merely looking for an apology. The hotel AND their Corporate Office are seriously lacking in Customer Service.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is NOT to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Good Evening Michele B,

I absolutely apologize for the inconviences that you encountered during your stay back in the summer season. Since then I can say that we have eliminated all of the concerns that you mentioned from the property management system on down! I understand that Choice hotels has not left a good impression on you and again, I sincerely apologize. I would definitely like to invite you back to give us a second chance. You can reach me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The property itself is very basic; no real frills, though the indoor pool and hot tub is nice. The complimentary breakfast is also very good, but again no frills. However, the hotel staff is the friendliest, most helpful, and most knowledgeable of their area that I've had the pleasure to deal with, especially with suggestions of where to dine in the Williamsburg area. Price is spot-on, too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. Martin,

We thank you for giving us the chance to serve you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel has nice sized rooms. The internet worked very well so everyone in my company was happy. Also, all the rooms we had included microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons. The breakfast was great. I did not go in the indoor pool room so can't comment on that but next time I will definitely try it out.

Appreciate the great stay.
Caitlin

Room Tip: Great high speed internet connection
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Caitlin,

We thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Historic East and we look forward to serving you and your family upon your return!

Been to Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!