“Good hotel, GREAT staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #47 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good hotel, GREAT staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The property itself is very basic; no real frills, though the indoor pool and hot tub is nice. The complimentary breakfast is also very good, but again no frills. However, the hotel staff is the friendliest, most helpful, and most knowledgeable of their area that I've had the pleasure to deal with, especially with suggestions of where to dine in the Williamsburg area. Price is spot-on, too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. Martin,

We thank you for giving us the chance to serve you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel has nice sized rooms. The internet worked very well so everyone in my company was happy. Also, all the rooms we had included microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons. The breakfast was great. I did not go in the indoor pool room so can't comment on that but next time I will definitely try it out.

Appreciate the great stay.
Caitlin

Room Tip: Great high speed internet connection
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Caitlin,

We thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Historic East and we look forward to serving you and your family upon your return!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well for starters the location is perfect. Close to pretty much everything. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. BUT the hotel was just okay. The lobby looked recently remodeled, very nice.The indoor pool was right outside of the lobby / breakfast area. The hot tub itself was not the cleanest (chipping on the bottom) and the jets were broken. The pool, also not the cleanest but the water was warmer then the air outside the pool. They seemed to have new furniture outside the pool which was really nice. But the paint on the floor around the pool was chipping! Our room was an inside room on the 3rd floor and it was one of the updated ones (thank goodness). It seems as if they are renovating a little bit at a time but the renovations are not done the proper way!! The bathroom sink area was new and clean and the bathroom (toilet & tub) were clean but not renovated. Our beds were clean and comfy. The water in the shower took a while to get warm (5mintues) but once it got warm it was nice and hot. Right above the window the ceiling was cracking / peeling. Also the smoke detector seemed to be coming off the wall. The drain in the shower seems to be semi clogged because when you take a shower the tub fills up with water. After a few minutes of running around I noticed my sons socks were a tad bit dirty on the bottom. After I had requested for some more towels I noticed one of them had a stain on it (gross). In the morning their breakfast selection consisted of yogurt, muffins, bagels, cereal, waffles, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, juice & coffee. They also have coffee available all day. Everyone seemed to enjoy the breakfast expect for my son who got sick right after. Not sure if it was because he ate too quick or it wasn't good. Overall this hotel is OK it just needs a little more TLC and the renovations need to be done properly and more attention to detail.

Good Afternoon Ijes,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing us for you lodging needs! I will definitely send a pat on the back to the staff and let them know you loved their service. We have discussed permanent ways to redo the inside of the pool/spa to ensure the paint does not chip away, as we took over the renovation from previous ownership and there was remoldeling that wasn't done the correct way. Now we are insisting everything to be done the right way the first time!
Also, we just received our brand new spa jet blower. We are currently going through every room to ensure all maintenance issues are corrected and the presentation of the rooms is 100%. I will also share your comments with housekeeping staff to ensure that they are aware of how important cleanliness and the impact that it has on the hotel and the customer. I thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you and your family again in 2013!
Edmundston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This stay was a short one for a weekend trip to Williamsburg/ Busch Gardens. The staff was helpful and friendly. Location and the rates were great. The breakfast was ready in the morning (kids loved the mini waffles from the make your own waffle machine)! This property is well maintained and we will return next time we make a trip to Busch Gardens this Spring or Summer.

Room Tip: Location and rates are great!
Good Afternoon Jerminah,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post the comment and it was a pleasure attending to you and your family during your Christmas Town visit! We definitely look forward to seeing you again to visit Busch Gardens!!!
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We picked this hotel because we were looking for something pet friendly within walking distance to the historic area. We were disappointed in the quality of the room. I was not expecting the Ritz Carlton or anything, but the room needed help. For starters, the room was pretty small and not terribly well laid out. also, while the refrigerator was nice, it was too big and should have been smaller or places someplace else in the room (it is on top of the dresser). The bathroom was peeling and rusty- NOT nice. I did find the front desk staff to be helpful and kind, which was at least one redeeming quality. Oh and while we did not swim, we saw the pool and the pool deck looked in much disrepair and not nice! We would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon BeckhamDC,

I would like to thank you for you comments as we do appreciate both constructive and positive comments to help us become a better hotel. I do agree that the refrigerator should not have been on the dresser and it has been removed. We are currently going through each room to ensure the rooms are 100% presentable and maintained. I thank you for the comments about the staff and I will definitely pass it on to them! We are also discussing a permanent solution for the pool/spa area to ensure that it consistently stays presentable and no chipping!

Also, I would like to personally apologize for your dissatisfaction and I would definitely like to talk with you about your stay. Please at your earliest convenience you may contact me at 757-220-3100.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and was very reasonable. My family and I travel to Williamsburg every year and we tried a different hotel since the one we always stayed at closed down. This hotel had a very friendly staff and great service. Also, the indoor pool and breakfast were excellent. On our next trip to Williamsburg in 2013 we know where to stay!

Good Afternoon Jim,

We appreciate the chance to serve as your lodging choice while you were visiting Williamsburg. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We weren't very impressed when we arrived at this hotel as it looks very tired. Our room had a musty smell but we thought it would be ok for one night. The pool area is ok - the jets in the spa weren't working but it was warm - and had bits of leaf in it (not sure how as it's indoors) and didn't look all that clean - we didn't stay there long. The shower took a long time to run any warm water but it was ok. So I thought it was cheap so my expectations weren't high. But even cheap shouldn't mean mouldy food on the breakfast buffet. The waffle maker wasn't working but there was hot coffee/tea etc. The cereals were in a large dispenser and they seemed a bit stuck together. Still there were bagels - fortunately I noticed the one I picked up was covered in mould - not just a small bit but a well established growth. The bottom was covered in green mould - made me feel sick.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Angela,

I do sincerlely apologize about the experience you had with us and I can assure you we have rectified most of the issues and we are currently working to ensure a permanent solution to keep the pool/spa area well maintained and not in disrepair. We have recently received our new spa jet blower and I can assure you that the moldy bagels is a one time incident that will definitely never happen again. I wish that this not be a lasing impression of the brand and I would like to talk with you about your experience. You may contact me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com or via phone at 757-220-3100. I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!