“Great for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. The breakfast was nice as long as you got there early. Great location close to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. The room was clean enough and all the staff were very nice and helpful. Very affordable, would definitely stay again.

The only negative was that we were expecting a flat panel tv, instead we had an old tube tv.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for letting us serve you! We are reevaluating our hours for the "In-season" and high occupancy days. Also, we are in process of aquiring flat screen TV's. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Farmville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a phenomenal hotel and especially the location. After reviewing multiple hotels in the area from price and past reviews we were glad we selected the Quality Inn. The staff was very friendly and my family enjoyed the hotels indoor pool, breakfast, and will be back next time we are visting Williamsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Awesome! I appreciate your feedback and we can't wait to serve you again and again!
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here in May for 1 night for a trip to Busch Gardens.
The location and price were great. However, the room we received what not what I expected. For starters, I don't sleep in hotels with exterior doors. Its just a personal thing. When we arrived we were told all interior rooms were booked so we had to have one in the exterior building. Looking at the website I wasn't even aware there was an exterior building. I was not pleased at all. The desk manager agreed to show us the room before we decided to take it. The exterior rooms were going through some serious renovations. There were A/C units ripped out and laying on the sidewalk. The room was clean and we were all tired from a long day at Busch Gardens so we agreed to take it. The room did not have the mini fridge or microwave as the website promised. There was no mirror over the sink. The bathroom was clean, but fixtures needed to be changed. The carpet looked new, walls were freshly painted and linens were clean. The 1 bed was hard and the other was in serious need of a new mattress. The pool was clean and was refreshing. The breakfast was good and the kids were happy with it. Overall, the hotel is working on making the needed changes, but I was not pleased with our experience. However, for the price and location I am willing to give it another try.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I thank you for your feedback and we have definitely made changes since May 2012...we have not only made changes but actually improved by leaps and bounds! Now, All rooms do have a microwaves and refrigerator, mirrors above the vanity, and the A/C units are definitely not scattered about. It would be my pleasure to invite you back and by all means, please give me a call directly at 757-220-3100 to make that reservation!
MONTROSE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Andre is as good as previous reviews have indicated. We arrived very tired with no reservation and he only had doubles. He told us that if a king became available he would move us the next day. We were there so I could visit Williamsburg and my husband could watch all his college football games on Saturday. True to his word, the staff moved us into a king the next day and it had a comfortable couch for football viewing. For my purposes, the Inn was so close to Williamsburg that I walked back around 6 PM when I was finished with my visit. The hotel is older but very clean. Our beds were comfortable and we went to breakfast early so the selection was ample. All other staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I hope to visit Williamsburg again and I will stay here on a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Great!!! I am ecstatic that Andre and rest of the Quality Inn staff made your stay pleasureable and fun! We look forward to seeing you in the future and making sure your next stay is even better!
Greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here on a recent trip to Busch Gardens due to its close proximity. However I doubt I would go back again. The comforter on the bed was grimy and in desperate need of being washed. In the bathroom the paint was peeling and the fixtures were rusty; both of which are probably due to the ventilation fan not working. We complained to the front desk about the phone not working, and were told someone would be up to correct this. After staying for two nights, it never was fixed. The bedside light didn't work because the cord could not reach the outlet to plug it in. When we went to the hot tub and pool, it didn't take long to notice all the hair and bugs floating in the hot tub. The complimentary breakfast was only worth the waffles. The eggs looked old and the yogurt was warm.

The one thing that made me give it two stars was the guy working the front desk at night. He was very friendly and helpful. Not only was he helpful in suggesting delicious places for eating out, but he also helped us out when we came back with desert from dinner only to realize we had no utensils to eat it. If it weren't for the cleanliness issues we encountered he alone would have made this rating 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review! I will definitely let the front desk staff know that they were Awesome-tastic! We have also addressed and resolved the phone issues, cleanliness issues, ventilation issues. Also, for breakfast we have made changed and the yogurt is now stored in a refrigerator. Again, I thank you for your feedback as it only will make us become better!
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel in August and everything was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and recently renovated. What is keeping me from a 5 is that breakfast was crowded and ended at 9 am and that I could not find a DO NOT DISTURB sign in my entire room and would have liked to be able to sleep in. For those visiting the theme parks, Busch Gardens is literally down the road and Water Country is a 5 minute drive. The price was what attracted me to the hotel but this trip definitely makes me want to come back.

Room Tip: If not traveling with a pet, try to get the main building that has interior doors rather than exteri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I thank you for letting us serve you here at the Quality Inn Historic East...on behalf of the entire staff it was and will be in the future "Our Pleasure" to make your stay memorable. Also, we are reevaluabting our breakfast hours during the "In season" time period. Again, we thank you and look forward to your return!
Howell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

First, let me say that the staff at this hotel are phenomenal! The few times we needed something from the front desk Andre was there and always greeted us with a million dollar smile. Bearing in mind that this is a fairly inexpensive hotel, our stay was just fine. We were in an external room which we liked. Some of the housekeeping staff could probably use a checklist for when they go into the rooms. One day our beds looks like the spreads were just pulled up and not tidied up at all and the empty toilet paper roll was still in the bathroom. On a good note, housekeeping almost seems to be there 24/7 so it's just a matter of walking up to one of them and letting them know what you need. On another day, it was obvious that someone else serviced our room. Everything looked great and we got an extra roll of toilet paper! The rooms are fairly clean, however, I came prepared with a can of Comet, a sponge and a can of Lysol but, that's just me. The location couldn't be better. Busch Gardens and Water Country are about a 5 minute drive and Colonial Williamsburg is a lovely 20 minute walk from the hotel. Yorktown and Jamestown are about 30 minutes away, in opposite directions but the Colonial Parkway is a beautiful ride. Breakfast was good. A little something for everyone. You do need to get down there early to get the best selection. It seems like once it's gone there's no replenishment. The only thing I would change is to have an assortment of fruit each day. If you don't care for the fruit of the day, you're out of luck. They also have a waffle maker which was great. I read a previous review stating that were problems with the waffle maker or batter. We had no problems and there's nothing like a nice warm, fresh waffle in the morning. We didn't have an opportunity to go in but the pool looked immaculate and the same for the hot tub. Overall this was a very pleasant stay and hope I'm not coming across too negative. It's helpful to know exactly what you're going to get and maybe the owner can make improvement if they see fit. I would definitely stay there again. It seems that many of the hotels in the area have one thing or another going on except for the $250 a night stays which is not for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments and praise to the staff. I will be sure to give Andre a double pat on the back!!! Also, I thank you for the comments related to the housekeeping staff, as those comments will be used in training exercises to ensure the staff see it from the guest prospective. We have taken the comments about breakfast extra serious and have just implemented a "Gotta Have All 3" approach for the whole fruits. We now offer bananas, oranges & apples on a daily basis! It is hard to keep the breakfast stocked near the end when the massive crowds come down and we are actively working on new methods/ideas, therefore, everyone can have all the choices no matter what time you may come visit the breakfast! Again, I sincerely thank you for your comments and we are always looking to improve the service, the hotel, and the amenities. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Been to Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!