“Nice hotel, Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Virginia
“Nice hotel, Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had just gotten hit by a terrible storm in Stafford, VA. which took out our power for several days. At 100+ degrees the heat and humidity was unbearable. Because of the storms, most hotels in our area were booked or not pet friendly. We found the Quality Inn number in a local hotels book and called. They were so helpful in booking a pet friendly room, for approx. 3 days. When we arrived there our room was not ready yet. They called maid service to clean our room next. It took only 20 minutes (early check-in) We were able to relax in the waiting area or swimming pool area (with our dog). The staff was extremely accommodating to us and our dogs needs. The room was nice, spacious and very cool! The power of our home came back on the following day and this hotel was charging us on a day by day basis to our needs. I can't say enough about this hotel. They made this experience for us stress free and very easy. Something that we appreciated during this difficult time for us. Again, they were extremely accommodating. Thank you again to the front desk staff and a great big thank you to Karen, who was awesome!!!!

Room Tip: We were traveling with our pet (a retired greyhound) and was given room 132 on the first floor. It w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I travel to Williamsburg every week on business and I have stayed at over half a dozen different hotels ... I love this motel because it is not on the main drag and York Street is in a quieter part of town ... It overlooks a nice golf course and the staff is one of the best is Williamsburg

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This quality inn is very close to Busch Gardens.. The Ritz Carlton it is not, however the staff is friendly and there is a decent indoor pool..also complimentary breakfast (usual stuff, waffles, bagels, microwave eggs etc.) you get why you pay for. They said it was recently remodeled, but looks worn to me, but as I said, for a place to lay your head before or after a trip to Busch Gardens it is ok..Safe and convenient.

• Stayed June 2012
Nazareth, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed 6/21-6/24. Ended up here after horrendous conditions at our previously booked hotel forced us to cancel upon arrival, and we lucked out. We had two clean and comfortable connecting rooms for less than many places wanted for one. The indoor pool was beautiful, large and open late for swimming after Busch Gardens closed. Complimentary hot breakfast was good quality. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location and just the right balance of quality and price.

You can tell they are not quite finished with the remodel but are definitely on the right track. We travel to Williamsburg annually and, if we come back (Busch Gardens was a disappointment this year), we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are exterior corridor, so be sure to ask if you have a preference.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay in Williamsburg at the Quality Inn. Staff was friendly and very welcoming. Also, the indoor pool was very enjoyable for the family. I will be back the week December 1st. My family travels to Williamsburg and we have found our new hotel spot. They did a great job renovating the hotel and rates were also reasonable.

Room Tip: Great hotel in walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg and better of all Quality Inns in Williamsb...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Good Evening Mr. Robert,

I thank you for your time to fill out the TripAdvisor review! We look forward to your return on December 1st! Have a great summer!!!!

Best Regards,
Chad Ledford
Peachland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had recent stay for 5 nights. Very convenient to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Water Country USA. Super-friendly staff. Newly remodeled and comfortable rooms. Great indoor pool - larger than most in nice atrium. Only things keeping it from a 5 would be the need for a little more sprucing up the exterior, a few more renovations in the bathrooms (still has older tile and towel fixtures) and a few more protein/fruit options at the breakfast bar. Still an excellent value overall and would easily stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor interior were very quiet and close to computer, pool and breakfast.
Towson, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I arrived, the woman working at the front desk was friendly and accomodating when finding me a room (I didn't have a reservation). I got a room on the 2nd floor for one night. The room was okay - worn, but comfortable and clean (mostly). I did find a hair that did not belong to me in the shower and also had some difficulty with the door, but nothing major. When I checked out the next morning, I had some trouble finding a staff member, but once I found her, she was very pleasant. Overall, it was a great location for me (close to Busch Gardens) and was a really good price - I would recommend, especially for a short stay.

I did not have an opportunity to try the complimentary breakfast, but I liked that they offered it. Also, the indoor pool looked nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Lauren,

I certainly appreciate your feedback and I will definitely show appreciation to the front desk clerk that assisted you. I will also use this as a training tool for the housekeeping department so they can see from the customers point of view. Again, I thank you for your feedback and hope to see you return soon!

Best Regards,
Chad Ledford

Been to Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!