“Good Atmosphere... Cheap Prices...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 303 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a family owned and operated diner using our own family recipes, open daily from 6 AM - 2 PM. We offer homemade soups and salad dressings, fresh whipped cream on our French Toast and cakes and only the best quality meats and cheeses. Because we serve 100% all Beef hand pressed Burgers, our soon to be famous Shorty's fresh cut fries and Ms. Bonnie's special recipes, you're sure to see and taste the difference.Shorty's Sweet Side is now open daily from 3 PM - 9 PM. Enjoy soft serve ice cream, sno-balls, milkshakes, malts and more!
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Atmosphere... Cheap Prices...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at this place... I got a 1/2 pound Burger which was really good. There fries were freshly cut and good tasting. The waitresses were all really nice and very friendly... It is a nice family owned restaurant in Williamsburg.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“The Positive Reviews are Right On”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Based on the reviews we read on Tripadvisor, we ate our last breakfast in Williamsburg at Shorty's. I had something, I haven't had in years because it isn't the healthiest thing you can eat - sausage gravy over biscuits. It was delicious! The biscuits were fluffy and the gravy was seasoned just right. My husband had the "Special" and also enjoyed his meal. We could tell there were a lot of locals which is the kind of place we like to eat at when we are on vacation in an area we aren't familiar with. I am so glad Tripadvisor offers this service to help us choose.

Visited August 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Very loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I would have to agree with JanetNC very loud. I also found it very confining. The food was mediocre at best. I had the Chessesteak, short on meat and my husband had the open faced meatloaf that was covered in gravy. However the meatloaf was sweet. We asked the waitress, who was very nice, she says it has brown sugar either in or on it. Fries were ok. Portion sizes were adequate. I think from now on we will stick to breakfast at any "diner".

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Split Decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I went with my family to Shorty's Diner based on trip advisor reviews. My daughter got sausage and gravy biscuits and i tried them and they were wonderful I got pancakes and i loved them as well, also you can order one or two pancakes - they were absolutely huge and one is plenty. There were other people in our party who did not care for their food. The homefries were a little different and i would not recommend. The biggest downside for me were the acoustics. If you are unfortunate to have someone very loud at a table around you it is amplified.

Visited August 2012
Federalsburg, MD
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Went there after reading about it on tripadvisor and so glad we did. The food was great, service was quick, great atmosphere. Will be going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere