okay - I will be honest - I was a little worried what the resort & rooms would look like after reading some of the reviews on this site. I was more than pleasantly surprised as my rental was a two bedroom condo with a kitchenette and I found the room to be clean (and I am clean freak) and spacious for the price that I paid. My two children (ages 3 and 6) spent 3 days 2 nights at the HPR and had a great time. The resort is conveniently located to restaurants, movie theater, and shopping. We are pretty active so my intention was never to sit in the room and watch TV - can do that at home so having a 19inch TV was a non-issue for us. We spent most of our time at Busch Gardens and surrounding areas. The indoor pool is a basic pool but my children are young and couldn't care less, they had a blast anyway. The washer and dryer inside our room was a god send to wash/dry wet bathing suits after swimming. I found the resort to be well kept, clean, and priced right. If you are looking for a resort such as the St. Regis or Four Seasons this is not the place but then again the resort is not charging 5 star accomodiation pricing. Have realistic expectations and I can ensure you that you will enjoy your stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va