My husband took me and the kids there for mothers day weekend. Its our sixth time staying at the resort and although we enjoy it there are definitely things that need improving. We were told we were getting an updated unit but it looked like all the others. The tv's in bedrooms are outdated and the one remote had no batteries. My husband actually went out and bought some. Things like that should be checked between guests. The water was lukewarm at best and the master bath shower didnt work. My husband reported it but said they acted like they didnt care. We were horrified while still in bed to hear someone in the living room early in the morning. My husband went out to find housekeeping in the living room. That could've been a really embarrassing situation! We went to have dinner saturday evening and was told they were too behind and just couldnt cook any more food. Wth? Really? On a more positive note...my daughter and I went on the ghost tour and had a blast. The tour guide was awesome! The grounds are beautiful and the resort is close to everything. Will still come back to stay. Just hope they make some of the necessary changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va