Checkin was the worst part of our trip (they really lay it on thick to talk you into scheduling a timeshare meeting). They hate to take no for an answer. Can't really be too upset because that's how they make their money. But it can be a total turnoff if you snagged one of their places in the off-season for a quick getaway with friends like we did. Stayed 6days/5 nights with friends. Had multiple 2bed/2 bath apts with full LR, DR & kitchen & small deck & deck furniture. Clean & quiet. Had lots of game nights & got a little loud (group of 7-10 ppl w/a newborn & preggo friend but no one complained). It was a small reunion so we hit the water parks & pool during the day & restaurants at night. Pool was decent. Nothing bad to say but nothing over the top. Sorta crowded for off-season (everyone must've seen that deal online & needed a quick getaway). Place was outdated some but still in great shape. Would stay again and just let the hubby deal with the checkin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va