I booked this room on a Living Social deal and it was a bait and switch. I paid for a two bedroom but all that was available for the entire life of the deal was one bedrooms. I didn't let that ruin the trip and because we had 5 people staying in a one bedroom, they offered a pullout bed. When we arrived, the bed had no sheets. After two attempts, we finally received dry, clean sheets from the laundry. The room was oddly laid out and in bad need of 20+ years of updating. The worst part was that at 10 PM, a security guard knocked on our door and asked us to move one of our cars (we were only allowed one but no one had told us that) to a lot about 1/4 mile away. This was extremely rude and inconvenient at this hour with 3 children under 7. We did it and when we returned, our spot was occupied. We then had to go to the front desk and ask that security return to get the other guests out of our spot. Total and aggravating mess at 11 PM with three kids!
The amenities on the property were very nice, especially the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va