Okay, I knew from TripAdvisor that this was a timeshare going in...but the pitch was major pressure. Even when you book through a reputable hotel site, you will spend the first part of your stay defending your decision to not sit through a 90-minute sales pitch while your children are playing video games supervised by total strangers. Then, they will call your room daily to discuss the matter further. The condo was very large and comfortable. However, it was not very clean. I mean, it was surface clean, but the walls were dirty, there was mold in the bathroom, hair on the floor, dried eggs on the spatulas...The previous tenants had left a bag of trash on the porch that sat for a couple of days until a skunk came by and distributed the contents of the bag around the patio. It took a visit to registration in the morning and a phone call that night (after no remedy) to have that addressed by housekeeping. The outdoor pools are great, but very crowded (at least the ones the kids can go to). The best part about the stay was having room to spread out and the neighborhood the "resort" is located in is excellent. Your money would be better-spent somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va