My stay was May 25.
The customer service was above average with a very welcomed greeting. I was accomodate with an early check-in during a very busy time of the year. I booked through travelocity's last minute deals and had no problems.
Although I reserved a loft style unit, I was upgraded (not sure why) to a two bedroom with two huge full baths, a full kitchen with pots and pans with glassess and dinnerware along with silverware. There was a fireplace with a flatscreen above it. There is not a tv in the second room but that is a very minimal problem, definately not a deal breaker. The beds were very comfortable. The layout of this unit is great. I have no preference on how old the furniture is as long as it servies its purpose and is clean, inviting and accomodating which it was. The neighbors below me were a family reunion with the kids in the same unit below me and adults in the next door unit, suprisingly I heard absolutely nothing!
The only problem I did have is the smell in the room, which was not mold it was whatever the previous renters cooked...Thank goodness for the Febreeze I always have just in case.
There is plenty of activities in this resort for children. The pool outside is big and inviting. The customer service at the pool was amazing also.
I will be back, unless I get the urge to try-out something new.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Powhatan Plantation
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.