I visited the historic Powhatan resort for a second time this year in June for my birthday. The experience was completely different from my first stay which was incredible. On this stay, we were not only unable to check in early, but we didn't even get to check in by check in time. When we got to the room, it was hot and muggy. Immediately I went to the thermostat to discover that the temperature controls don't even let me change the temperature to room temperature. Set on having a good birthday, I went to go crank up the hot-tub that i enjoyed just a few months earlier. Of course, I got this room because of the hot tub. The door was locked to the hot tub room from all direction. Then i noticed a sign saying it was under construction. I called to front desk to asked to be moved, but sadly the indicated that all rooms no longer had hot tub access. That's insane considering it's still in the room description and that's why I paid the money for that room. I was quite upset with this, but only said okay thanks to the guy at the front desk who less than cordially said yeah whatever. Fantastic. The bathroom had bugs and the dishes were dirty. Those things didn't bother me as much. Such a shame, it used to be a favorite place to stay, but I can't say I'm itching to return with my favorite feature gone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va