My boyfriend and I went for 2 nights/3 days just for a quick getaway and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the resort. The check-in desk was nice and so was the concierge who gave us a welcome packet that included menus and things to do in the area. We were both familiar with Williamsburg area and attractions but that was a nice reminder. We are both in our late 20s and relaxing was our main goal which we achieved! The resort was so quiet! The Kitchen (property restaurant) had good food. We ordered from a restaurant with a pink menu that the concierge suggested and I would not suggest ordering from this bc the food lacked the ability to satisfy us. Location of the resort was great...5 minutes from 7 Eleven and less from Target and other fast food places but not in the midst of historic Williamsburg per say. We got a 2 bedroom condo because that was the best bang for our buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va