My wife and I recently stayed two nights at The Historic Powhatan Resort (Diamond Resorts) in Williamsburg Virginia. We drove onto the property after being greeted by a security guard who gave us directions to the registration building. The drive from the security shack to the building was similar to driving through a golf course. The landscaping was well maintained as was a small lake with a fountain. As we approached the office a large ‘colonial style’ building stood out as the center piece of the grounds. Upon entering the building we were greeted and quickly escorted to a backroom where we were handed off to a very friendly ‘registration consultant’. My wife and I sat down and our consultant launched into convincing us to attend a ‘time share presentation’ the following morning at 8 AM. My wife and politely declined to attend the presentation or the incentives at which point his demeanor changed from pleasant to impatient and quickly asked for my credit card. I was charged $250.00 for incidentals and was told the funds would be returned upon checkout (this, I later found out was not the case. Upon checkout the clerk said 5 to 10 business days. I repeated back to her what I was told at registration at which point she sighed and gave me the ‘you’re wasting my time’ stare). Eventually we were given a map of the property and a packet with local coupons for restaurants and shopping. We had a first floor one bedroom suite that included a private hot tub. The accommodations were comfortable with the exception of the couch which had seen better days. The kitchen was dated circa 1980s but was stocked with dishes, silverware, utensils and appliances. We also had a stackable washer and dryer and a large wall mounted flat screen TV above a faux fireplace (activated by a light switch) that lighted up and gave off heat. The bedroom was comfortable with a walk-through closet that opened into a two sink bathroom. We had a 12 inch 1980s TV that had clearly seen better days (a little disappointing). Overall we enjoyed our stay, the hot tub was great, the location was great and we were comfortable after exploring Historic Williamsburg. The only downside was the ‘Time Share’ hustle and the rude clerk at check-out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va