We stayed at this property the weekend of November 9th looking for a relaxing time away from the city. The stay was purchased through Hotwire because the Powhatan was offering a nice deal. Unfortunately, from the time we arrived the service we received as anything but 5 star. They lost our reservation from Hotwire and then gave us a small dirty room in one of the older condos. The room they provided us was not the one advertised through Hotwire, and while the actual bed itself was fine, the "living room" space had two dirty loveseats, a 13inch Zenith television, small chipped dining room table, and a kitchen that didn't have a full fridge or stove. We called the front desk immediately once we saw the room to inquire about switching, even for the $20 per night upgrade, but the front desk staff proceeded to tell us that there were no more rooms available for that night. The whole property? Hmm...the parking lot surrounding our condo section was very much empty. Besides, if you at such capacity why were you still advertising rooms on sites like groupon and Expedia that night?
But what really teed us off was that the front desk staff (Jamie, Stephanie, and Shauntey) were unfriendly and unwilling to provide any customer service. Jamie who seemed like he was the leader never stepped in to provide any customer services which reflected poorly on the property. We did not stay for the full duration of our stay because there was no way we were going to continue to deal with their attitudes.
And the icing on the cake...they pitched us for timeshare, lol. Oh yeah, and I'm still fighting to get my deposit back. Avoid, at least through these deal sites. They don't seem interested in treating those kinds of customers the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va