Just returned from a long weekend in Williamsburg - just girlfriends. We have stayed at Powhatan Resort numerous times in the past, and thought we knew what to expect.
First, let me say that NOT ALL 2 BEDROOM UNITS HAVE A FULL KITCHEN. When I called prior to making my reservation, I was advised that all 2 bedrooms had full kitchens. In fact, there are two buildings that still have convection ovens instead of full-sized ovens. Since we were planning to mostly cook dinner in (and had particular needs for a full-sized oven), I had to request a room change. At first they weren't sure that they could accomodate our change since they were fully booked, but they did move us. This may be due more to the fact that there was a water leak from our unit that had been detected by maintenance, and maintenance wanted to shut off the water, rather than due to our needs.
The switch to another unit took another hour since we had partially unloaded our stuff prior to discovering the oven problem. So everything had to be taken back downstairs, packed in the cars again, etc. It was a frustrating start to our long weekend.
On the plus side, we were switched to a recently renovated unit, which was MUCH nicer than the unit that we were originally assigned.
The bedding situation - again, when we had stayed at Powhatan in the past, there was a king-size bed in the master bedroom and two twin beds in the 2nd bedroom - perfect for four adult women. This unit had queen-sized beds in both rooms. I was very surprised, since Williamsburg is a "family" destination I thought they would have kept the same types of beds in the rooms. Perhaps other units are configured with king and twin beds - you should verify with the resort if this is important to you.
Nonetheless Powhatan was able to resolve our "kitchen" problem, and we enjoyed our "down time" at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va