We've stayed here sporadically over the last 20 years or so and have always enjoyed it. It went through a period of poor maintenance, but now seems to be in very good shape!. It is very convenient to all the usual Williamsburg attractions and shopping, but is a nice and quiet oasis amongst the hustle and bustle of this very popular area. The grounds are simply beautiful and fit in well with the historic nature of the area. The amenities are great - indoor and outdoor pools, several restaurants on site, a helpful staff and plenty of extras.
Maintenance was very quick to replace a broken overstuffed chair in the livingroom that would be easily missed by the cleaning crew (since I'm guessing they don't "test sit" while they are cleaning)! The place was very clean and fully stocked with everything we needed to cook a meal. Even the linens were quite nice.
If you are looking for night life, this isn't your best bet. But for families or couples I highly recommend it! If you get a first floor unit - enjoy the private jacuzzi! This is a great place to relax and enjoy between seeing all Williamsburg has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va