“Value, comfort, location - this has it all!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 30%
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Value, comfort, location - this has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

I read the Trip Advisor reviews and it was with some trepidation that I made a reservation. We reserved a 1 bedroom condo @ $59/night. Check in was a breeze. Since this is a timeshare resort we were asked if we wanted to participate in a 90 minute overview of the resort. If you choose to do this, they offer some nice SWAG (gift card and free weekend stay) but since we aren't in the market for a timeshare we declined. They were very gracious about it.

We drove to our unit and were WOWED when we entered! It was beautiful. The kitchen was well appointed with granite counters, new appliances, and all of the necessities needed should you decide to cook for yourself. The dining room and living room were equally as nice! There is a large flat panel tv above a fireplace. The bedroom had a king bed with lovely linens. The bathroom also had granite countertops and was as clean as could be. Additionally, we had our own private hot tub which is accessible through the living room and bedroom. In a word, our weekend was outstanding!

The grounds are also very lovely. There is a manor house (currently undergoing some restoration) and a small, quaint restaraunt called "The Kitchen". While we didn't eat there, there are lots of excellent reviews for it.......reservations are recommended.

I highly recommend this resort. We will definitely stay here again should we return to Williamsburg. This was 10000 times better than a hotel room!

Thanks Powhatan!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We booked three 2 BR condos to hold a family reunion in Williamsburg Thanksgiving week. It was fabulous! The resort kindly assigned us 3 units right together (upstairs, downstairs, and next door), and we had a wonderful time. We took turns hosting supper, and gathered in each condo in turn. Crowded 7 kids around the table, 2 more at the counter, and 8 adults in the living room, and it worked! Played Guesstures together after supper, and that worked, too.

Some units have a huge (too huge!) whirlpool. My daughter-in-law preferred the one at the pool, but I used the one in our unit. There are indoor and outdoor pools, a playground, ponds with ducks, geese, swans, nice landscaping, etc. We didn't use the on-site restaurants, but did get discounted tickets for Jamestowne Settlement and Yorktowne Battlefield Park. (They have them for other things, too.)

Check-in procedure was efficient and painless, tho I admit we got there fairly early. The resort is in the process of renovation, so some units are very upgraded, some are still to be done. A few things were worn, but due for replacement. It will be top-notch (and probably unaffordable) when the new owner gets finished with the upgrades. We got in at a great time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Let me first say that I was very apprehensive about this resort after reading the reviews!! I had already booked the trip and could not cancel. To my surprise the place was amazing! I felt so much at home. The room was very neat and clean. The staff was great and not at all pushy. We traveled with our 1 and 2 year old and they were very comfortable. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Luray, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Williamsburg Va for the weekend, and stayed at the Historical Powhatan Resort on a winter special for $59.00 a night. This place is by far not a dump... We reserved a 1 bed room and ended up with a two bed room, no complaints about that. The condo its self was very spacious, the beds where comfy, everything was clean and orderly, the place was furnished nicely, and we had a very nice time. Now with that said my husband and I wasn't spending much time there we just slept and laid in the tub and I never looked around the resort its self very much as we where shopping and wine tasting. Things I did notice was the fridge in our unit was dented, the lay out of the living room was weird and not at all friendly for tv watching. The TV's where super small, and the older tube type. The fireplace didn't seem to be a working fireplace.. it was just for looks I guess. If you are going to stay here unplug your phone as soon as you get there! Otherwise they will call you everyday for a timeshare tour! I would have to say over all though I would stay here again as long a luxury wasn't my main goal!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Westchester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I purchased a Groupon for $189, good for 3 nights in a 2 br unit at this resort. I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking and saw that they were pretty mixed, but I figured for the price, I didn't really have that much to lose.

Check-in was pretty painless. There was a line despite our late evening arrival but after about 10 min. I was given keys, a parking pass and a map with directions to the unit. I was then directed to the concierge for a welcome packet, which led to an invitation to a time share presentation. I declined in spite of the offers for free babysitting and a thank you gift, but the rep at the desk was nice enough about it and I went on my way.

Everything was wonderful - we had a very spacious 2 br condo with balcony on the second floor. It had recently been painted (there were some bits of blue painter's tape stuck behind a door) and refreshed with new carpet and fixtures. The TV's are old but that was not a big concern for us. There is a DVD player. Perhaps more importantly, everything was very clean. There is even a washer/dryer in the unit. Kitchen was well equipped as well.

Beds were VERY comfortable and I was surprised at the nice quality of the sheets!
No hair dryer in the bathrooms so bring your own. But there are basic toiletries.

The indoor heated pool was lots of fun for the kids. There are also two hot tubs, indoor racquet courts and a game room. But be prepared to drive over depending on how far your condo is from the recreation. The property is pretty large!

Breakfast at the Kitchen was ok - the menu is pretty limited but the food was decent and reasonably priced. My only complaint here is that the service was very slow - there was only one server for the small dining room.

Location was great, minutes from Jamesburg, Williamsburg, and great dining and shopping,
The property is beautiful, even more so in the spring, I'm sure. Just to clarify, the gorgeous brick house featured on the website is NOT a hotel. It is under renovation right now. The property is really made up of modern townhouse style condo units. The decor is plain
but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay with all the comforts of home, this resort is a great choice.

Room Tip: We were lucky and assigned a renovated room. Be sure to request one! Second floor units have a firep...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Long weekend getaway with 17 year old twins. Booked online through internet search on travelocity Got in late and got a surprise upgrade to two bedroom. Rooms nice and large and was easy to get to. Front desk staff friendly. Didn't do the timeshare presentation this time but did in the past and it wasn't bad. I would definitely stay here again at the same rate $60/night

• Stayed February 2012
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

They placed us in an older unit that smelled moldy and musty. When I asked to be moved they placed us in a newer, remodeled, upstairs unit where the flooring was warped and the foundation under the flooring was distorted, it felt very unsafe. When I mentioned this they informed me that this was the last available unit. That evening my husband and I were kept awake by the sound of scurrying rodents. When I mentioned this to the management they simply joked and laughed it off. I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Historic Powhatan Resort? Share your experiences!