I read the Trip Advisor reviews and it was with some trepidation that I made a reservation. We reserved a 1 bedroom condo @ $59/night. Check in was a breeze. Since this is a timeshare resort we were asked if we wanted to participate in a 90 minute overview of the resort. If you choose to do this, they offer some nice SWAG (gift card and free weekend stay) but since we aren't in the market for a timeshare we declined. They were very gracious about it.
We drove to our unit and were WOWED when we entered! It was beautiful. The kitchen was well appointed with granite counters, new appliances, and all of the necessities needed should you decide to cook for yourself. The dining room and living room were equally as nice! There is a large flat panel tv above a fireplace. The bedroom had a king bed with lovely linens. The bathroom also had granite countertops and was as clean as could be. Additionally, we had our own private hot tub which is accessible through the living room and bedroom. In a word, our weekend was outstanding!
The grounds are also very lovely. There is a manor house (currently undergoing some restoration) and a small, quaint restaraunt called "The Kitchen". While we didn't eat there, there are lots of excellent reviews for it.......reservations are recommended.
I highly recommend this resort. We will definitely stay here again should we return to Williamsburg. This was 10000 times better than a hotel room!
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Powhatan Plantation
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.