“Fabulous time at Greensprings” 5 of 5 stars

Greensprings Plantation
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3500 Ludwell Parkway, Williamsburg, VA 23188   |
Ranked #26 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Staten Island, New York
“Fabulous time at Greensprings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

We booked our trip with a timeshare swap. Greensprings is the best!!! The room is great. Two bedrooms, master has a king-size bed with tv and own bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower. Traveled with my husband and two daughters 11 and 8 yrs old. The second bedroom had twin beds and the girls loved having their own bedroom and their own beds. Also another bathroom located right outside their bedroom. Took the advice of reviewer and changed our 1st floor to the 2nd floor because air condition unit is located right outside master window. There is no elevator and you do have to walk up stairs to unit. This is not a problem for us, but of course if anyone in your party has problem walking, stick to the 1st floor walk in. The staff was very accomdating and courteous. I did get asked about coming to timeshare presentation at check-in. And then only one call in room about it. I explained we were not interested and was left alone for the rest of the trip. Big Balcony with door from the living room and our room was right in front of the 16th hole. It was cool watching the golfers. We loved Williamsburg, Virginia and loved Greensprings. We are booking again for summer 2009 and will most definitely book at Greensprings. I am sure there are other places just as nice, but we feel there is no reason to go anywhere else. It was clean, kitchen was stocked with everything, washer and dryer in the room, what else can you ask for. This unit was 1100 sq ft. that is bigger than my house in New York.

• Liked — big room!!!
  • Disliked — no elevators

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

We stayed 4 nights in a 2BR at Greensprings Resort on RCI exchange and had a very nice stay. Since some of the 2BR units have a queen bed in the 2nd bedroom, and some have 2 twin beds, I had called ahead asking for 2 twins. I also mentioned that some of the tripadvisor comments had noted that the renovated units were much nicer. The front desk informed me that the renovated units all had the queen in the 2nd bedroom, so I opted for the 2 twins anyway. Upon arrival, the check-in process was very efficient and they honored my request for 2 twin beds.

Despite not being one of the "renovated" ones, I found the unit to be everything I expected - there was plenty of space and the full kitchen could accommodate the full 6-person unit capacity. I guess the wallpaper maybe could have used a little updating on the pattern, but not something we worry about on our vacation. The furnishings seemed in fine shape. There was a small stacked washer/dryer that we did use once, functioned fine. There was a TV with DVD player in the living room, and a TV with VCR in the master, no TV in the 2nd bedroom. There was a private balcony with table and chairs as well.

We had some very hot (85+ degree) days during our visit, and were surprised that the outdoor pool was open even during mid-October, so we were able to enjoy the pool. It is really pretty with the fountains. Also, we had several trips to the activities desk for movie rentals, ping pong supplies, etc. and they were very accommodating.

We had booked Busch Gardens tickets in advance, but we got discounted Colonial Williamsburg tickets from the hotel activities desk, which was nice. As an aside, we thought Busch Gardens was great, but Colonial Williamsburg offered little of interest to my younger children ages 6 & 9.

We did decline the "tour" since we figured it was just for timeshare sales, but we did attend a wine-and-cheese party offered by the activities desk. It was pretty crowded, but they had a guest there in full colonial attire entertaining the guests with stories of his colonial life, and answering questions.

All in all, this was just what I was looking for - a nice place to stay while we vacationed in Williamsburg. I would go definitely go back.

• Liked — spacious unit, nicely furnished, helpful staff
  • Disliked — My assigned unit was up 2 flights of stairs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Visited Williamsburg for a golf vacation and found the accommodations to be more than adequate. The check in process was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. The room was very clean, and the unit was very modern. Honestly, I was a little scared after reading about the pressure to sit through a timeshare presentation, but there was no pressure at all. I would definitely visit again.

• Liked — The size of the unit.
  • Disliked — Unit could use a bigger TV.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
northeast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

We took advantage of the discounted rate that went along the 90 minute presentation to purchase into this resort. We own another "time share" property in Florida and when we did that, they gave us the a REALLY nice impressive villa(guess to impress us even more to purchase). Prior to getting at Greensprings, I asked the reservation specialist to request that we be put in the newer part of the resort, knowing that there were really bad reviews before and this resort is on the older side. When we got there, of course, there were NO newer units.As we were entering the main entrance into the unit, we saw dead bugs on the window sills, stains on the carpet, and the smell of like gong into a public bathroom where you just smell different kinds of odor fighting deodorizer. Got in the unit, well, that was a surprise!!! Still finding stains of whatever on the carpet...in the living room and bedrooms. Wall papers starting to come off at the seam, Paint chipping of the walls and door. Now, listen to this.... got in the big masterbedroom...nice size....got into the bathroom.....the jacuzzi had some sort of stain to the corner of it...tried to see if it comes off, but it doesn't. Again, wall papers coming off the walls. A portion of the the tiled floor in the masterbath looked like it was put in quickly because the tile was definitely moving when you walked on it and some have cracks in them. The lights in the hallway bath were flickering all the time. The biggest thing was our air was inoperable, didn't notice it when we checked in because we checked in at night. Called the next day to have them fix it before we went out for the day, hoping that it'll be fixed....guess what....it was not. That was about 11pm, called the front desk, well, they didn't know ANY WORK ORDER that was put in during the day, so needless to say, we had to wait for maintenance to come up and fix it(imagine 4 kids at this time). So, next of course I had to do a litlle bit of laundry. Well, it took me (between the washing and the drying) approximately 5 hours to do my 3 small loads!!!! Why? It just took forever to dry the clothes. If this was not enugh, let me tell you about the main front door into the unit. IT DOES NOT LOCK BEHIND YOU. You'll see on their website a beautiful pool, when we were there the flowing fountain was not working. I think I've said enough. I've been in touch with management, but yet to talk to them. I would attach the photos I took,but I'm not that "computer friendly".

• Liked — none
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

Greensprings Resort is a very nice resort. The rooms were large and clean, and the staff very nice. We had some items missing from the room--spatula--and a broken toliet paper holder. We called, and the items were replaced/fixed within the hour. We were very impressed with this service. There was miniture golf, an indoor pool and outdoor pool (the pools were very clean and large), volleyball court, tennis court, shuffleboard, and pingpong available. The only complaint I have is that there was an extra charge to play miniture golf. No charge for volleyball, pingpong, tennis, so why charge for miniture golf? The course was not brand new, and was showing some wear and tear. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Liked — The pools
  • Disliked — The charge for miniature golf
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

Bought points for Diamond Resorts when we were in Florida 2 years ago. Greensprings was the first time we have used them and it confirmed that we have bought wisely. Had a 2 bedroom unit, lucky to get one almost next to the activity centre etc. Spotlessly clean, everything worked. Staff very helpful. Pool area great for lazing in.
The "Historic Triangle" area made for a great vacation with enough for 2 teenagers to be happy and the both of us to really enjoy the holiday. We would highly recommend the area and this resort to anyone bored with Florida and the usual places to visit from the UK.
We also flew via Schipol from our local airport. Avoiding Heathrow and Gatwick also made the holiday less stressful, KLM/Northwest Airlines across Atlantic with a very generous legroom allowance even in economy.

• Liked — Size and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Air condition units a bit intrusive at night
Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

The resort is hidden with small signs but once inside, it is easy to get around. The amenities are easy to access from where we stayed but if you were in a building by the gate, it was quite a hike to get there.

The rooms were large - no complaints there. We had asked for a renovated room as we had read/heard reviews saying they were poor. They told us at check-in that although we had requested one, they were all taken. We did get the ground floor we asked for though. The room we had was huge and well kept. It was showing a bit of age but was clean and everything worked great. Being an average Joe, this was better than any hotel I've stayed in.

The only real complaint I have is that there is only 1 printing computer to use and it was an antique. The desk wouldn't do an online check-in and printing of boarding passes but said I would need to use the computer - it didn't work well, it kept crashing. There is free WiFi in the lobby though but no chance to print.

Activities center was helpful for most on site questions and equipment was always available and in good condition. They didn't however know much about birding/hiking in the area. They do have some tickets to sale there but go early as most sell out quickly for Colonial Williamsburg.

They were very accommidating on our extra, last minute guest and their car. I would stay here again but don't go with the ground floor - you get to hear the AC units going on and off all night.

• Liked — Location - removed from hectic pace but central to all historical sites.
  • Disliked — Directions from the concierge.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Greensprings Plantation? Share your experiences!