“Nice condo, but they don't let kids swim before 10 a.m. Adults only!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greensprings Vacation Resort

Save Saved
You added Greensprings Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Greensprings Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3500 Ludwell Parkway, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (Formerly Greensprings Plantation)   |
Ranked #28 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Temperance, Michigan, United States
“Nice condo, but they don't let kids swim before 10 a.m. Adults only!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during spring break. We got a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It was plenty of room for our family of four and our parents. We liked being able to have separate living spaces, yet a shared family room and kitchen. Avoid the time share presentation. It was unfortunately snowing during spring break and they would not allow the kids in the pool to swim at 9 a.m. because there was one adult swimming (adults only rule until 10 a.m.). A bit of a let down when you are on spring break and the only thing to do is swim when it is so cold outside. We did have a lower condo with one above us that had a small child running back and forth and jumping around all evening every evening. Get a top unit if possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in a 3rd floor two bedroom (didn't need the space but was all we could book through time share). The rooms were very nice and clean. There would be plenty of space for a family. We had a nice balcony overlooking the golf course and since it snowed it was peaceful and quiet. Only complaints are the concierge and the living room furniture. The sofa and chairs in the living room area were very uncomfortable. We were in a refurbished unit and we actually brought in the patio furniture rather than sit on the very hard, straight backed chairs in the living room, and for sofa sitting, had to bring out bedroom pillows to have armrests. The actual check in did go smoothly but luckily I was forewarned by other reviews about the "concierge". I had to be firm and slightly rude to get the woman to give up on pressuring us for the "update" on the timeshare. Then they called us around 9am Sunday morning. We finally answered on the third call within 10 minutes and my husband told them no again. Someone called yet again on Monday and still tried to talk us into going to the update. Lucky for them my husband answered the phone because he was politer than I would have been at that point. Even though other people have complained about this in these reviews, it doesn't seem like anything has changed.
Other than that, it was very nice. We didn't end up using the indoor pool area but did go look at it and it seemed clean. The outdoor pool looked very pretty. The location was good and it was easy to find our way around for first time visitors. The stairs to the 3rd floor didn't bother me but we only had a 3 night stay and no kids with us. Maybe that would be different if staying for a week and had to carry kid's things up and down. I would stay there again but would try what another reviewer suggested and tell them ahead of time that I wasn't interested in the update and tell them not to call us about it also.

Scranton, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at Greensprings week of March 2nd for one week in a 2 bedroom unit. Check-in was quick. We were then sent to the concierge for more info. They tried to get us in for a time share presentation. We were very firm in telling we were not interested and were not bothered for the rest of the week.
Our room was on the 1st floor. It actually takes three swipes of your room key to get in the room. This got a little annoying but no big deal. The rooms contained one king and 2 double beds. Both rooms had TV's. The bathroom with the king bed was handicap accessible and had a whirpool.
Kitchen was small,not very much storage or counter space since the microwave sat on the counter(in need of some remodeling). It did have all the amenities we needed.
There was a large leather type pull out sofa and two chairs in the living room area. One of the chairs was the same leather type material as the sofa. Not so comfortable to sit on. Also a TV with DVD player.
This week the weather was cool. Outdoor pool was closed. The indoor pool was very nice. It was like my own private pool. There is an adult only swim from 8 am to 10 am. Most times I was the only one in the pool. Also, in the pool area there is a big hot tub that sits under a glass roof..makes you feel like you are sitting outdoors. This fitness center is small like any other hotel fitness center. 2 treadmills, 1 stepper, 1 bike, a few weight machines & some free weights.
There are 2 computers in the lobby that were available at no charge.
Overall a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: There are no elevators and buildings have three floors. If you can't do stairs, better get a fir...
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Wife and I (26 and 25) stayed here this weekend and I enjoy the staff, space and area. The amenities are good and the units would be great for timeshare travelers. We had a floor level unit that was far away from the main office. We had a decent view of the Golf course and one of the greens.

Location:
The location is pretty central to the Williamsburg area so I would rate this above average for sure. We are about 15 minutes from the outlets and the brewery, about 15 minutes from Jamestowne, about 15 minutes from William and Mary. I don't find it fanTASTIC simply because the area kind of has a "burbs" vibe

Ambiance:
The feel of the room is really mid 90's beach house with a lot of sea foamy greens and silly floral patterns like the kind that the Von Trapp family would make clothes from. The room is somewhat noisy in my opinion, you can hear a lot of what's going on upstairs and the shower drains are all connected in line so whenever there is water draining from upstairs you can hear it.. I actually kind of find it serene like a babbling brook but hey that's just me

Furnishings and fixtures:
The furnishings are okay. There are nice things and then there are not so nice things here. I believe that we must have got one of the units that they haven't renovated yet or something. As stated before the curtains are pretty horrendous and the color scheme is criminal with the amount of sea foamy pale greens. The living space has a sleeper sofa and two chairs. The sleeper and one of the chairs is this really weird fake leather (green..). The light fixture in the dining room is very modern looking, doesn't match the place but I love it. The kitchen is adequate, dated cabinets and flooring. Awesome coffee maker. The main bathroom is large but dated, the guest room is decent. The Master suite is fantastic but dated. The master bathroom is great, the jacuzzi tub and massive shower, double vanity sink. Overall i love the space, but it needs some updating here and there.

We didn't experience any of the amenities really.. We went to the pool at 10pm and the pool was FULL of seniors doing water aerobics, kids and teens everywhere. The hot tub was packed and there was a kid in there with a floaty thing.. ugh.. we turned our introverted butts around and went back to the unit. I like to relax in a hot tub and being around kids splashing around just.. no.

Staff:
The staff was very very friendly over the phone and in person. The guy that gave me the room key was sick, but he was fighting through it and still kept up with his happy customer service delivery. The Concierge was very welcoming, she took us over to the other desk where all the Timeshare hawks were waiting and we were immediately greeted with the classic used car salesman line "Well there they are!" yeah.. here we are.. the people that might give you some commission money.. We immediately got promised some gifts and gift cards, free nights to stay etc.. we just had to come to the meeting and this and that.. we just said no thanks and she kind of passive aggressively said "well that's okay, i'll just tear this up and cancel your gifts".. ha. We THEN received a call the next morning (late in the morning.. they were polite about the timing at least) about it, i again politely said no thanks and it was fine.. I understand they have to do their shpeel thingy..

Value:
The value was great for the amount of space we got.. It was immense, but we got a deal through living social for like $168 for two nights so i'm not sure what it usually runs

Overall:
In closing I would say that i would definitely stay here again if we found a similar deal, but I would ask about the unit, like how recently it was renovated. I worry that we may have been put in this older unit because we were a living social voucher customer.. I don't know.

I would recommend a stay here if you get a deal

Room Tip: Ask about if and when the room was renovated. Our room did NOT match the pictures.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, General Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time you have take to provide such a detailed review and all the tips you shared with your fellow travellers. We appreciate all kinds of feedback as it allows us to monitor guest satisfaction and target any issues needing addressing. We are under an impression that, less the few issues, you had a pleasant stay and we are glad that you are considering returning with another visit!
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked a 4-night stay at Greensprings through HomeAway. We got a fantastic deal - a two bed/2 bath condo for less than what we would have paid for a standard hotel room. Check-in went smoothly. I was expecting the push for the time-share presentation, but simply told the very nice young man that I needed to consult with my spouse before scheduling anything. We have four kids, a very full itinerary and felt no need/pressure to attend the presentation.

The condo itself was very nice. It wasn't the lap of luxury, but it was clean and offered plenty of space for our brood. It backed up to a wetland area, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching and hearing a variety of waterfowl from the awesome balcony.

We enjoyed the pool & hot tub a couple times, and wished we would have had time for the little putt-putt course they have onsite.

My only complaint is that the kitchen was a little understocked. To save money, we cooked in the condo a few nights of our trip, and always had breakfast there. The dinner/cook/bakeware was in general a little sparse. There were no baking/cookie sheets, which made the biscuits/cinnamon rolls we brought a little hard to bake.

Oh, and it is a little further away from the Colonial district than what I am accustomed to, but it really wasn't a problem.

But all in all, it was a great affordable stay. I will definitely keep Greensprings in mind when we next return to Williamsburg!

Room Tip: I have seen other reviews that suggest you request one of the refurbished units. I did this, and re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mebane, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Grounds were impeccable. Condo was updated and very comfortable. We would have enjoyed the gift our children gave us for Christmas much more if the timeshare sales communications had not been a constant barrage for four days. From Wednesday through Sunday I was contacted nine times. The "concierge" and I use that term very loosely even told me I must call marketing or I would get in trouble. Really? From my end, trouble was scheduling me for a presentation without authorization. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an refurbished room and no higher than second level. No elevators here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We apologise if you feel you have been inconvenienced by our concierge, we will address this issue with our team to ensure such situations do not happen in the future, we hope that you had an otherwise pleasant stay and we wish you all the best on your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved everything about this resort. We will come back. I told them before arriving that I was not Interested in a time share presentation and once we arrived no one said one thing about attending one. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed a relaxing and undisturbed time here with us, thank you for your feedback! We are looking forward to our next visit!

Been to Greensprings Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!