My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in a 3rd floor two bedroom (didn't need the space but was all we could book through time share). The rooms were very nice and clean. There would be plenty of space for a family. We had a nice balcony overlooking the golf course and since it snowed it was peaceful and quiet. Only complaints are the concierge and the living room furniture. The sofa and chairs in the living room area were very uncomfortable. We were in a refurbished unit and we actually brought in the patio furniture rather than sit on the very hard, straight backed chairs in the living room, and for sofa sitting, had to bring out bedroom pillows to have armrests. The actual check in did go smoothly but luckily I was forewarned by other reviews about the "concierge". I had to be firm and slightly rude to get the woman to give up on pressuring us for the "update" on the timeshare. Then they called us around 9am Sunday morning. We finally answered on the third call within 10 minutes and my husband told them no again. Someone called yet again on Monday and still tried to talk us into going to the update. Lucky for them my husband answered the phone because he was politer than I would have been at that point. Even though other people have complained about this in these reviews, it doesn't seem like anything has changed.
Other than that, it was very nice. We didn't end up using the indoor pool area but did go look at it and it seemed clean. The outdoor pool looked very pretty. The location was good and it was easy to find our way around for first time visitors. The stairs to the 3rd floor didn't bother me but we only had a 3 night stay and no kids with us. Maybe that would be different if staying for a week and had to carry kid's things up and down. I would stay there again but would try what another reviewer suggested and tell them ahead of time that I wasn't interested in the update and tell them not to call us about it also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Greensprings Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greensprings Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Greensprings Plantation Williamsburg