“Clean and neat. A good option for Williamsburg for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greensprings Vacation Resort

You added Greensprings Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Greensprings Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3500 Ludwell Parkway, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (Formerly Greensprings Plantation)   |
Ranked #24 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Clean and neat. A good option for Williamsburg for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night only so we could go to Busch gardens at Christmas time for evening show. It was a first floor two bedroom unit renovated unit with lots of nice touches. All Cuisinart appliances in kitchen, soothing paint colors, jetted tub, and gas fireplace. It was in a wooded setting. Staff was friendly upon check in/check out process. The only downside was that there was a faint smell of old cigarette smoke in the unit. I would look to staying here again and getting a chance to use more of their onsite services like pool, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Providing our guests with a pleasant stay in friendly and relaxing atmosphere is our priority and we are happy that this is exactly what you have experienced here at Greensprings Vacation Resort. We hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards
Jennifer Berberich
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Monroe Township, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family ( 2 adults and 2 kids) stayed here for the weekend to go to Busch Gardens Christmas Town, run in the Christmas Town Dash, and attend the Colonial Williamsburg Grand Illuminations (busy weekend). We decided to make a return stay at Greensprings Plantation resort. We had stayed here for a week August 2011 and enjoyed our stay here.

The room is a very spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit with full kitchen, living room/dining room, and balcony. We are on the 3rd floor (our request) in building 12. Master bedroom has king bed and is very comfortable. There is a flat screen TV and DVD player. Master bath has 2 sinks, toilet, and shower. Towels are fluffy and linens are of very good quality. 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds and a small tube TV, also comfortable. 2nd bath has a tub with curved shower curtain and sink. Kitchen has full size refrigerator, oven/stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal, coffee maker (cuisinart), pop-up toaster and blender and is fully stocked with dishes and pots/pans. Living room has pullout sofa bed and two chairs, flat panel TV, DVD player, electric fireplace and dining area has seating for 6. There is also a stackable washer/dryer.

This unit is in excellent, well maintained condition and is very, very nice! Everything is clean. Carpet is in excellent condition. I wish I was staying for a week instead of just the weekend!

Our balcony overlooks the golf course. There are picnic tables and grills for outdoor BBQs.

There is a quite large, inviting outdoor pool which is open and heated. There is also a nice indoor pool and gym. During the warm weather months there is a poolside bar and grill. Good variety of activities offered here, like fitness classes and kids crafts.

Parking is plentiful and free. There is a charge for Wifi if you are not an owner. I think it is $7 per day per device.

A few blocks down he road is a shopping center with a Target and a very nice grocery store. Check in staff was very friendly!

Greensprings is a vacation ownership resort (i.e. timeshare). My family really loves staying "condo style." Lots of room for everyone, and especially valuable if you have 3 or 4 kids. We love having a washer/dryer and kitchen. Great for snacks and breakfast. My husband likes to stay up late and watch TV in the living room and he gets to sleep in while the kids get up early to play video games and watch TV. It is important to know that there is no daily housekeeping, bell services or room service. We don't miss it. We love not having to eat out all the time and getting to relax more while on vacation. My kids love having their own room on vacation and get disappointed when we have to stay in a "hotel with only one room."

Also important to know - the buildings have 3 floors and there are no elevators. Call ahead and give the Greensprings staff a heads up if this is a concern for you.

Location is very good - about 10-15 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and Water Country. Lots of things to do and see here while in Williamsburg.

I highly recommend Greensprings Plantation Resort!!!

Room Tip: 3 story buildings with no elevators. If stairs are a problem call a week ahead of time and speak wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay Thanksgiving Weekend as a family. We knew to ask for a renovated room and stayed on the third floor. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had plenty of space and everything was in close proximately. Only one negative is that there was not free wifi in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments-we are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Greensprings Vacation Resort. We would like to take this opportunity and advise that, although we would love to be able to offer Wi-Fi access free of charge, unfortunately, there is a cost to operating internet and Wi-Fi services and some resorts incorporate this into their pricing and so appear to provide a free service, but in reality it is not. In order not to charge our guest for a service they may not be using, we agreed to give them a choice of whether they would like to pay extra or not. Therefore, we have introduced an additional charge for Wi-Fi, so that only those who wish to use it pay for it. We of course apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, however we hope you can appreciate the goodwill we wished to project by making this decision. Nevertheless, we are happy to read that you have had an overall pleasurable stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards
Jennifer Berberich
Resort Manager
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My Greensprings trip was a romantic weekend. From all of the reviews I knew to request a refurbished unit. The unit was nice and clean. What people described as refurbished I thought was normal for the amount of money paid. The furniture in the living space was uncomfortable but the bed was comfortable. The resort was well maintained. There was a small basketball and tennis court, indoor pool and sauna and outdoor pool. It was chilly so we didnt get to take advantage pools and games. The property is a time share. During check in I was asked to participate in a sells pitch. I declined and the salesman tried to persuade me. I said no again and that was it. No other phone calls or harassing as some others have reported. I was also called a few days after booking the room where I was asked if I wanted to hear a time share presentation. I said no and that was it. Overall I thought the property was nice but again I expected what I received because of the amount paid.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room on third floor. I stayed on 2nd floor and could hear those above me walk an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed at powhatan, and kingsgate in the past. This one was very nice. Clean and the quiet. Not quite as convienent as Kingsgate but I liked the fact if was not in the middle of town and it was no farther than 10 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go. I recommend asking for a 2 story unit. You get a little more privacy and not the long hike up to the third floor. Place was very clean and well kept (one of my problems with powhatan plantation in the past.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that our location and accommodations met your needs, as well as, your expectations. Our guests usually compliment us on the fact that we are located close to such attractions as Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens, which we hope you were able to visit while you were here. Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope that we are able to accommodate you and your party again in the near future!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We stay here often while visiting family in the area. We don't have a membership or own a time share, but stay because we have lots of young kids and need the space. It's not the nicest condo resort here by far but the value can't be beat. Plus, you can usually get in last minute if you call.

If you are sensitive to noise or have children, STAY on the TOP floor. You can hear every single step the people above you take. It's awful, especially at night. Our toddler was kept up late and woken up early by the folks upstairs walking back and forth. Thank God its carpet and not hardwood.

I don't know about renovated units but we have never really had a cleanliness issue. I like that dishwasher tabs, detergent etc is included.

Two bedrooms and a pull out queen couch for under $200 a night on weekends? Can't beat that.

We have never used the pool but looks nice and there are playgrounds.

• Stayed October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here as part of a timeshare presentation. Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Our third floor balcony overlooked a fairway on the Williamsburg National Golf Course. There are about 27 buildings with 6 units in each building. I would have rated the property one notch higher, but no elevators. Kind of a hike up to the third story. Also be prepared to pay for an internet connection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Greensprings Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!